elianastar July 1st, 2013 7:30pm

Paula Deen socially & financially "lynched" for inappropriate speech/behavior. Alec Baldwin consistently excused for equally heinous behavior w/no cost to career whatsoever. Understandable or unfair?

slytherin Los Angeles
07/02/13 1:56 am

They have two very different on camera personas. Paula - whom I don't think should be vilified - is the kind, southern women that cooks. Alec is a comedian and isn't held to the same level. They difference is how they portray themselves and how they

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/01/13 7:43 pm

Unfair - but where are the people to put the political pressure on Baldwin's sponsors? Maybe they don't care. Gay rights groups are obviously well organized as we saw with the recent SC decision.

chickencookie It really is
07/01/13 5:55 pm

They completely vilified Paula for something that happened 30 years ago and everyone dropped her. Where are her food network friends. I cant wait for Alec Baldwins next tirade. Capital One has been silent on this.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/01/13 7:44 pm

That's because no one is putting pressure on Cap One

commonsense America isnt racist
07/01/13 2:27 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take all the attacks, but I think society as a whole finds the word N*gger more offensive than any sexual insult or slight.

Just my two sense.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/01/13 9:22 pm

I think you're right. I abhor evil against anyone, for any reason. Sorry, but racism no worse than other evil, just different. You deal w/it & go on. Don't understand how victimizing someone else in retaliation fixes anything. Just continues evil.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/01/13 1:12 pm

Unfair yet totally predictable. He's a liberal, so he's always right; she's a Christian, so she's always guilty.

r3VOLution not of this world
07/01/13 12:43 pm

Part of this is Paula Deen presents herself as a good person, in a sense 'righteous'.
People expect her to be good because she is a TV chef. Alec Baldwin is an actor and has always had the 'bad boy' reputation. Ppl have lower standards for him.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/01/13 12:50 pm

Seriously, I'm completely baffled by discrepancy! Do you think that's the sum of it? Or something more? Cuz I simply cannot process this on a moral basis. "The righteous" should be REAMED for effing up, but it's okay for "creeps" to be creeps? Idu.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/01/13 12:53 pm

Even when it is culturally "normal" to behave one way & no malice intended, apologize & grovel for compassion/forgiveness. Too bad. Threatened to "end" someone & rage hatred with arrogance as a pattern of conduct. Okay? I don't understand.

r3VOLution not of this world
07/01/13 1:01 pm

I'm not saying its right. I'm offering my explanation to WHY there is a discrepancy. I also agree that gender may have something to do with it.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/01/13 2:02 pm

The lack of logic & justice just baffles & angers me. :-/

political Georgia
07/01/13 12:42 pm

First of all excellent poll elianastar. I am not here to justify Mrs. Deen's actions. However, the media has overblown this situation. Is the "N" word the worse than GD or MF? Does saying the "N" word automatically make you a racist?

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/01/13 12:46 pm

Thanks! I'm so appalled & offended by the complete injustice of this. Treat both situations with same measure of passion or stfu. Grossly unfair & unjust!