Melon July 1st, 2013 6:32pm

Do you believe that all countries "spy" on each other in some form or another? Some European countries took offense to Obama stating that "all nations collect intelligence on each other."

Jungle in the dog house
07/01/13 3:44 pm

Hell, even the Vatican spies.

mabbou Omaha
07/01/13 2:14 pm

The ones with good intelligence programs do.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/01/13 1:07 pm

I'm not convinced that half the countries in the world are equipped to spy on anyone, or even have the incentive to try. I suspect most are more interested in preventing nefarious behavior than in engaging in it themselves.

Melon No Ducklips
07/01/13 1:14 pm

I think Haiti is taking notes and are about to make their move. Keep an eye on them! ;-)

Melon No Ducklips
07/01/13 12:25 pm

I agree that nearly all do. I'm also wondering, since most do, is China just bad at "getting" their info or so indiscreet about it because they believe no one will do anything about it?

fredd TrumpLand
07/01/13 12:39 pm

I think it's more likely that there are elements in the US government who are always ready to shout about Chinese hacking on any scrap of evidence that turns up. Not quite the same freedoms in China, they have rather more control.

fredd TrumpLand
07/01/13 12:10 pm

Almost all countries do, that's to be expected. I remember a long time ago when it came out that the UK bugged Kofi Annan's office, the feeling that came out was annoyance at the release of that info rather than the bugging. A certain amount of ...

fredd TrumpLand
07/01/13 12:13 pm

... spying is to be expected and can actually help build trust on security matters.

However bugging your closest allies and partners to gain advantage in trade negotiations does show a certain lack of good faith. There is no security interest there.

ZestOfClementine Ye Olde 802
07/01/13 11:52 am

In some form perhaps but the EU had every right to be furious about the NSA wiretapping them to find out economic information.

DavesNotHere where am I
07/01/13 11:52 am

Of course. And we'll continue to do so. It's necessary in this day and age.

Kay41 the Midwest
07/01/13 11:45 am

Yes, I think all countries do. For sure they spy on their neighbors. I also think they target the most influential countries like the US, Britain, China etc. And, I don't blame them.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/01/13 11:43 am

Europe was all offended because Obama is spying them! I'm like yeah like they don't spy on us!!! Get real!

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
07/01/13 11:37 am

Not all, but the major ones do.