TomM
07/01/13 5:17 pm

I used to on a regular schedule. I know I passed 25 times, but I lost count. After I moved I haven't taken it up again.

Jungle in the dog house
07/01/13 3:25 pm

I donated regularly until I had to go on meds for high blood preasure.

sarahgc58
07/01/13 12:03 pm

I ask the question because tomorrow I am going to donate for the fourth time. I started as soon as my state made it legal for sixteen year olds to donate with a parents permission. Before I donated the first time, I was terrified of needles, but I...

sarahgc58
07/01/13 12:04 pm

Was able to overcome it. Now I love donating because it makes me feel brave and like I just potentially saved someone's life. I really hope I will be able to donate though; sometimes my iron is too low.

amuseme This is for you
07/01/13 11:06 am

For my height they say I have to gain twenty pounds to donate. Yeah, not gonna happen

DavesNotHere where am I
07/01/13 10:40 am

I used to, but until my iron gets back to normal I can't.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 9:48 am

I haven't. Not because I'm afraid, but because there are a great many modern technological and medical advancement which render blood transfusions as ancient medical practice. Sadly, not many people are aware of these things.

jonfrei the boonies
07/01/13 9:56 am

Can't argue with that - just hope you're never on the needing end when too many people have picked up on your fantasy so there's none available...

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 10:06 am

It's not a fantasy, do a little research. I'm not a fan of needles either, but that's not the sole reason I don't donate... Unlike most.

jonfrei the boonies
07/01/13 10:23 am

Until mainstream medicine knows about it, embraces it, and can afford it, it might as well be fantasy... And frankly, I don't want to be a bleeding-edge (pardon the pun) experiment when my life is on the line.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 10:29 am

They have been perfecting these technologies for years. They are by no means "fantasies." There are bloodless centers in many of the most prestigious hospitals around the world.

DavesNotHere where am I
07/01/13 10:42 am

Respectfully disagree. There are shortages of blood donors & certain types of blood. Donating blood can only help.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 10:55 am

I'm not saying there aren't situations where it's necessary. I'm saying that there are a great many times where blood is used when there are better options.

sarahgc58
07/01/13 12:07 pm

MrL, I will keep donating until there is no need for blood transfusions all together. Yes, breakthroughs have been made that lessen the need for donor blood, but if more people thought the way you do, the instances where donor blood is needed would

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 12:16 pm

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'm just stating my personal position. I prefer not to, but I'm not opposed.

painorgan In the RED Corner
07/01/13 9:45 am

Passed out and they had to use 2 smelling salts to wake me up. I was then told I should not try again lol

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/01/13 10:04 am

That happened to me when I was young someone at the next table lit up a cigarette the next thing I knew i was on the floor.

sarahgc58
07/01/13 12:09 pm

My sister almost passed out when she tried to donate. She is very thin and didn't eat enough that day. She is hesitant to try again, but plans to do so tomorrow.