Cruz2016 July 1st, 2013 6:25am

Alright SoH, it's the final question on how many polls to post in a day. There was overwhelming support for 2-3. So now it's time to pick a number. **note that I may post more than this number but its good info anyway** as always, thx 4 voting :)

political Georgia
07/01/13 11:30 am

If all of the questions are hot-button issues 3, but if it is a slow news day don't ask unnecessary questions.

malibog 12309
07/01/13 8:59 am

Three, provided the three are good. If you don't have the material for three, do not feel the need to throw in a third lame one.

Cruz2016 Rum Bum Beach City
07/01/13 12:19 am

Wow, 40% on this poll, lol. Think that's a new record on ratings for me. If you are one of the ppl that didn't like this poll plz lmk why so I can improve. :) No worries, I don't offend that easily.

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
07/01/13 12:24 am

Not me, I gave polls a thumbs up ever since i started rating them because I always give a thumbs up unless it is truly a horrible question

susanr Colorado
07/01/13 12:29 am

My guess would be that people might feel you're over-thinking this a bit & feeding people polls they think are unnecessary. Especially as you've said you won't necessarily adhere to it. 1, 2, 3 - not a LOT of difference. Just a guess.

susanr Colorado
07/01/13 12:33 am

On the other hand, it's not a poll that takes much brain power, or any research, or any real need for commenting. So vote, peek at comments if you want, & move on. No big deal. Anyway, I just did a thumbs up & bumped it back to 60%.

susanr Colorado
07/01/13 12:35 am

Also, you might consider not worrying about approval rating numbers at all. Personally, I don't care. I don't pay any real attention to my own.

Cruz2016 Rum Bum Beach City
07/01/13 12:42 am

Well it seems that entertainment value is almost as important as content in the polls. I figure follower count and question rating are good measures of how I'm doing.

Cruz2016 Rum Bum Beach City
07/01/13 12:43 am

I intentionally put up polls that are less serious to provide a little levity. All work and no play make SoH a dull place.

susanr Colorado
07/01/13 12:45 am

I think people appreciate a lighthearted poll or two in the mix, yes.

susanr Colorado
06/30/13 11:31 pm

Three should be ok if they're all good. If you can't come up with 3 - or 2 - or even 1, post fewer & don't sweat it. There's no magic number.

Cruz2016 Rum Bum Beach City
06/30/13 11:50 pm

I know, but I thought it would be interesting to see what number would be picked :) Typically I have to restrain myself from posting too many polls, lol.

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
07/01/13 12:02 am

Posting too man polls will never be a problem EVER if they are interesting or thought provoking or even funny. Annoying polls are just annoying even if there is only one of them. If you have five hundred incredible polls it ld never bother me

susanr Colorado
07/01/13 12:05 am

Wouldn't be a problem for me either, if I didn't follow so many people. OR if we had a "dismiss" button to remove polls we're finished with from our list. It's just way too many polls to scroll back through, to find ones I'm still commenting on.

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
07/01/13 12:15 am

Oooh a dismiss button would be great because I do not like voting on polls which do not apply to me at all but I also do not like not voting and then constantly having the notification that I haven't voted just sitting there mocking me.

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
07/01/13 12:23 am

There was a poll that asked this how much you love bacon and the 1st choice was "love it" and the 2nd choice was "love it more" and I actually hate bacon, I think it smells and tastes gross so I would have loved a dismiss button for that one

susanr Colorado
07/01/13 12:24 am

It's a frequently requested feature. Wouldn't count on it, & wouldn't hold my breath for it happening any time soon. Tony mentioned something like a "favorite" filter also, which at least would help getting back to polls you're still commenting on.

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
07/01/13 12:25 am

Now THAT would be a fantastic feature!

susanr Colorado
07/01/13 12:26 am

Yup, there are some that are just impossible to vote on, & do it honestly.

But I'll take all that bacon you don't want. Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be losing weight. Nevermind.