corinnawells July 1st, 2013 5:21am

Do you generally have a positive or negative opinion on religions other than your own? (If you're not religious, share your feelings on religion as a whole.)

Charence East Tennessee
07/03/13 9:38 pm

Try to have a positive opinion, but sometimes it hard to when you feel like you are being judged by others. I feel
A church is supposed to be a more of Hospital for Sinners, than a Museum for Saints.

yesmaam socal
07/03/13 4:09 pm

I view religion negatively, but I like the sense of community that going to church brings. It brings people closer together.

DavesNotHere where am I
07/01/13 5:36 am

Negative feelings for most religions including my own. Too much intolerance and fundamentalist BS.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 1:59 am

I hold feelings contrary to gafiate. I hold religion as a whole in a negative light. I have no objections to others' beliefs - who am I to judge. That being said - I believe religion was created during a time, where man's ignorance of the world

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 2:02 am

around them, forced them to figure out ways to explain everything - both to themselves, and to the common man. Religion is, in many cases, simply blind faith. I believe it has long out served its purposes. It is now a detriment to the advancement of

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 2:05 am

science, human thought and secular education. I'm not saying I have a problem with religion, but as a whole - I hold it in a negative light.

XercesBlue ...
07/01/13 5:18 am

It is interesting to be able to see this, and others not. Many of the rules are specific to the time and the dangers of the time, not so practical today.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 5:23 am

Are you in agreement? I respect their rights to believe what they may, but I don't understand why they believe in what they do... Other that, "because," or "you have to, or you'll be dead forever!" So on and so forth.

XercesBlue ...
07/01/13 5:39 am

I do. It makes me realize that my views are more towards those who hold religion, not the religion itself. Very interesting posts, thank you!

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/01/13 5:53 am

Certainly. Thanks for sharing your views as well!

XercesBlue ...
06/30/13 11:30 pm

I'm not religious in any way, but feel positively towards religion. To each, their own. I see religion giving meaning, forming morals, and providing happiness to others. You can do the same without religion too, of course.