SOH community debate: Do you have a solution to the issue of the debt? (Please comment how you would)
Get rid of Obamacare, then people will be making more money, which means more tax revenue. Also phase out social security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
1. Everyone in politics need to learn the basic principle of spending less than they take in
2. The accounting gimmicks Congress and other public organizations use must stop. E.g. proposing to close Guantanamo cannot be counted as a saving until ...
3. No more promises for future spending we cannot afford.
4. No pork (spending hidden in unrelated legislation)
5. New spending can only be passed if its paid, cannot be paid by future savings or dynamic effects. Pay as you go.
6. Stop hand outs to corporation, unions etc.
7. Push spending back to states and other local agencies.
8. Consumption based taxes and fees to pay for many services.
9. Remove income tax replaced by national sales tax to fund those not above
Stop spending countless dollars in useless entitlements for people too lazy to work. Stop printing money, it makes it worthless. Stick to a balanced budget.
Not a solution, but the start: Don't spend on what we don't need.
- Reduce the budget so that the
budget/yearly spending is reduced by a
flat 25% across the board.
- give a tax free year to people/businesses
- eliminate ALL taxes. Create a State sales
consumption tax , that the Feds collect
once a year.
Require the government to follow the constitution.
Pass the liberty amendment.
Reduce pay for politicians, term limits, require politicians follow laws they create.
Go back to gold standard.
Ban pork spending.
1) Quit spending and printing money.
2) Don't hand out money to buy friends.
3) Make a balanced budget amendment.
Put an end to government based welfare and replace it with tax credits for private organizations that help out of work ppl
Put a sunset on SSI.
Bring our factories back from china! This would end debt and unemployment! Its so simple
How do you do that? The factories went to china because labor costs went up. Americans want cheap stuff. It's not profitable to do business in a heavily taxed country. This isn't a solution to the debt crisis. You need to woo business back to America
But If we made our own goods we would make our own profit
That would help the GDP but it wouldn't fix the national debt. It would help unemployment.
Unions and businesses need to work together for safe working conditions and fair wages. Cut capital gains taxes.
Realize prices will go up on everything.
True... But our debt needs to stop, which means ending trade
You mean we need to export more than we import.
Yes exactly. We i port wayyy too much and our deficit is huge
Its a very complex issue so lets start with the basics: manage government corruption, eliminate the penny, trim the military, sell our bases, increase taxes, lower welfare benefits, etc.