Show Of Hands August 17th, 2016 11:48am

Do you have faith in the next generation?

MastaOfDisasta
08/25/16 7:51 pm

The next generation is a generation of safe spaced needing cupcake pussies

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/21/16 10:51 am

I have faith in God to restore the next generation.

MastaOfDisasta
08/25/16 7:50 pm

Well then we are fucked, God is the one who flooded the world, remember? Why would you trust a psycho???

Anneke Waffle please
08/20/16 6:48 pm

I am the next generation, and I have little to no faith in it, If a 10 year old knows that "We're screwed", then we aren't that far from "Idiocrocy" becoming reality.

Annabelle41 Michigan
08/19/16 10:40 pm

The way that they're wanting everything for free in this society and not having to work for anything no I have no faith in them in the way that they're voting for the Democrats that give free stuff away. Our country is going to be a Third World country in no time. I have no faith in them whatsoever.

benseth 11,780 votes
08/19/16 10:41 am

I am definitely hopeful. But all this Pokemon Go business IS worrisome.

Plaudible college CS major
08/19/16 1:40 pm

What's wrong with pokemon go? I've been feeling healthier and happier and have walked 100 km since release. More conspiracy theories?

benseth 11,780 votes
08/19/16 2:13 pm

I don't know anything about Pokemon go conspiracy theories. Why ask that? You heard of some?

Xemanis Lawful Good
08/20/16 9:54 am

pokemon go just encourages kids to be healthier. They did the same thing a few years ago but not on the same scale.

Instead of an app it was a thing called a pokewalker which was a pedometer that connects with the Nintendo DS and the pokemon game.

You could level your pokemon and catch new ones using it then transfer them to your game. It encouraged walking around to obtain new items that could be helpful to the player.

benseth 11,780 votes
08/20/16 2:45 pm

I'm just really intrigued with this connection with some kind of conspiracy? I'd like to hear more.

Xemanis Lawful Good
08/20/16 2:47 pm

Some people say it's tied with the CIA. Google that if you want more of that one.

Texas1 did not proofread
08/18/16 8:03 pm

The ratio of one that show sign of hope to the ones that will self destruct is disheartening...

Gilemerdaay Kaspi
08/18/16 7:53 pm

Lol, you shouldn't. There are some of us but most of us are just not worth it.

lonelyweeb608 Tennessee
08/18/16 3:44 pm

Eh. We're more educated than the last generation, but far too polarized culturally and politically; most people my age are either spoiled SJWs who failed biology or angry Trump supporters who want to kill LGBTs and Muslims. Especially with this current election cycle, there's way too much of an "us vs. them" mentality when we should be working together.

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
08/18/16 11:36 am

Political division, SJWs, nobody respects anyone's opinion anymore, it's either "you better believe in god or you're going to hell" vs "anyone who believes in a fairytale is a moron" (personally I wish both would shut the fuck up) they're glued to their phones (but hell, so is mine)

No. I think mine screwed everything up. Whoever started the corporate greed started all this.

MLDarby Florissant, CO
08/18/16 10:53 am

I think those of us that have children and have by example instilled values, a moral compass, tolerance, compassion mixed in with a bit of stubbornness, desire to protect the weaker and the will to succeed morally, physically, and monetarily set the stage for the success of the new generation. If appropriate, make sure you thank your family.

BioHazard in the labs
08/18/16 9:28 am

I'm thrilled to be part of the young generation and it's been a blessing to be born into a time of such technological growth. I think we've got a lot of potential, but we need to work some of the older generation out of positions of power first.

brendanm343 Massachusetts
08/18/16 2:31 am

Gen Z here, and we are an absolute plague

madconservative President Trump
08/18/16 9:28 am

Yes you are, many things wrong with this country are because of your generation. Bunch of wussified pansy liberal retards.

Gilemerdaay Kaspi
08/18/16 7:55 pm

Wait, you're cussing out young teens? I mean I'm still part of the 20th Century but I'd be considered in this upcoming generation.

tdaddy Kentucky
08/17/16 10:46 pm

I'm a boomer and I have so much faith in the next generation.

Golansy Arizona
08/17/16 8:41 pm

As a part of this next generation. I can say that the future doesn't look too good as far as politics goes. The entitlement and pussyfooting I see among my peers is astounding. I have never believed in political correctness and never will, yet if you try to talk to a good majority of us without using a euphemism every few words they get up in arms about how there's 50+ genders and we should approve (not accept, approve) of every single one of them, or how

Golansy Arizona
08/17/16 8:46 pm

The borders should be completely open because illegal immigrants help our economy. The only good thing that may come of this generation is that with the complete godlessness of this generation (they all seem to believe that religion should be kept completely to one's private life), there should be less fearmongering about valid science and we may actually be able to use science as opposed to restricting it at every turn (widespread use of gmos, genetical modification to eradicate hereditary diseases, more funding for NASA). But other than that, the future looks pretty bleak if my generation of entitled, pussyfooting sheeple are going to be in charge.

PointB Libertarian Centrist
08/17/16 8:40 pm

Everybody says that the next generation is going to be our worst every single generation. It is because each new generation has a different view of the world since it has been changed by the last. If we brought someone from 200 years ago to now and showed them a 10, 30, 50, and 70 year old they would think each one is a savage (or at least the 1800s equivalent to a walking Atlantic City). This is because each generation is different from its last and people fear the fact that children will eventually change the world. If the world accepted each generation is different we could work to have lasting project to build society to its best no matter which generation is here.

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
08/18/16 3:48 pm

Exactly. When the "Millenials" (why does the media have to put these fancy little names on generations anyways? It's stupid) get to be 50-60, they'll be whining that the next catchphrase generation is going to be terrible

materman New Hampshire Libertarian
08/17/16 7:03 pm

As a member of the next generation I can safely say, we're fucked

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 6:30 pm

Absolutely! I suggest you all watch this video!
youtu.be/-HFwok9SlQQ

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
08/17/16 5:20 pm

Pansies and Crying Wimps.
No idea what real work is about and will destroy the U. S. w/ all the warm fuzzy BS!
Yah, Not so Much.

danm21136
08/17/16 4:49 pm

The pussy generation not so much.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
08/17/16 3:31 pm

As much as my parents had in my generation.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/17/16 3:12 pm

I sure as fuck don't. Under me most were assholes my senior year. A few kids I know needed their tongues ripped out and their skull smashed in. They were ALWAYS self entitled pieces of shit. Their parents bummed off of welfare too so that explains a bit. Funny thing is, THEY WERE WHITE.

nrdman
08/17/16 4:32 pm

That white thing is sooo funny. I totally understand what you mean. Usually white people are the best. 👍. It's like all people can use welfare sometimes and not just minorities.

sirsicness
08/17/16 2:18 pm

If miss piggy gets elected,kiss all prosperity good buy,we'll become a nation of equally poor

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 6:26 pm

And MoneyBags McFascist wont?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/17/16 1:55 pm

As much as in any generation. They'll do their best and get through, same as all the generations have done before, and as the generations beyond theirs will do.

Gilemerdaay Kaspi
08/18/16 7:59 pm

Thanks man, but really I am with this upcoming generation and I can say that there aren't a lot of us which I like to call either "civilized" or "normal" hopefully we do make it through. Maybe it's just a cycle, but I've never seen anything like this in the past generations.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/18/16 8:16 pm

You probably weren't around for them. Trust me, the generations before didn't seem all that great as youngsters either, but they grew out of it, same as this one will do. I've got a nephew in Nicaragua right now helping out on a medical mission, trying to decide if doctoring and healing the world will be his thing. There's as much hope for our youth today as there has ever been.

susanr Colorado
08/17/16 12:43 pm

Sure. They're just people like all the rest of us.

Gilemerdaay Kaspi
08/18/16 8:01 pm

Hopefully. The good kinds have some good ideas to benefit the world, but most are just...I can't describe.

Max9908
08/17/16 12:00 pm

Depends if they will support Ted Cruz in 2020

redsox95 New England
08/17/16 11:59 am

I can only imagine the classroom in 20 years.

"Students, remember: blacks, Asians, gays, and transgender people automatically get 20 points added to their tests scores"

xberraxcudax KY
08/17/16 11:56 am

I've got four kids so I have to

polarized Tennessee
08/17/16 11:54 am

It's really the previous generations that screwed it all up. Thanks for the Internet and WW2, but we are cleaning up the rest of your mess...

getupbaby South City
08/17/16 2:34 pm

Yeah, thanks for the housing bubble, baby boomers! And old we folks are still scratching their heads as to why I haven't "invested" in a house yet...

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/17/16 3:14 pm

Don't forget WWII got rid of the Great Depression. We had money to make and spend on something. A war effort. But then we usually end up in debt. So then we're back to square one.

bnnt Los Angeles
08/17/16 11:36 am

There's some good and some bad.

Hopefully most of them 'grow up' and realize not every idea (wisdom) from older generations is bad and takes into account a lifetime of experience means more than a post on Facebook or a top-ten list from Buzzfeed or worse...thoughts from a
celebrity.

swervin Maryland
08/17/16 10:23 am

The Star Trek series?? Well, it lasted more seasons than the original, so yeah, I guess I do.

44YY Boston, MA
08/17/16 10:02 am

The next generation wasn't the only who fucked up the economy or destroyed the planet

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
08/17/16 9:58 am

Yes. If you judge an entire generation of people based on what you see on Facebook or Twitter, you're going to have a pessimistic view. You have the lazy, entitled, safe spacers, and you have the dedicated, caring, and hard working. Look at LinkedIn and see what some people my generation are doing. If every generation had such a pervasive social media presence, you'd see the same lazy, ignorant, and entitled people back then as you do now.

coggy iowa
08/17/16 9:47 am

It's hard to have faith in a generation that has lost its faith.

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 9:50 am

All the more reason to have faith in the generation.

08/17/16 3:47 pm

Yea, lost its faith in fairy tails and ghost story's is for the best. It means we are maturing.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
08/17/16 9:58 am

So many of them are falling in love with Socialism, which has failed nations all over the world. The appeal of Feds spending others tax $, borrowed $ on their free college educations & other freebies, in other words, getting everything, while contributing nothing, is like dope to a junkie. Sooner than later they will run out of other people's money to spend !

getupbaby South City
08/17/16 10:05 am

That's what previous generations have said. We're still doing great. Calm down.

STEVE64 Michigan
08/17/16 10:32 am

Here's why I disagree with your thought process:
So much fear is placed upon the possibility of "freeloaders," people who will take all the benefits they can without contributing anything. Now obviously there's a fair possibility that some of those people pop up but i do believe the vast majority will put free education to good use and make contributions that outweigh the "freeloaders." I just don't see it as a large enough threat to be scared of and if we find things aren't working we can always be more strict or becoming more of a meritocracy in some respects. (ex. Only free college for 30 credits and to keep it free you maintain a certain GPA)

getupbaby South City
08/17/16 12:16 pm

I'm not even sure how anyone thinks they can freeload through college. College is hard work. A "freeloader" will flunk and won't last a semester.

08/17/16 9:31 am

No, I don't have faith in my generation. We've been indoctrinated by commies and anti Christians so there's pretty much no hope.

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 9:34 am

LOL

08/17/16 10:52 am

Oh dear, they got you too...

08/17/16 10:52 am

Secular society is just the future. Calm down

08/17/16 11:11 am

The future of hell.

08/17/16 11:13 am

Fictitious fairy tail place in your mind. No more real then candy land.

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 11:15 am

DSH, why is it that the most secular societies on earth are the most peaceful and prosperous, with the highest standards of living. While the most religious nations are wrought with corription, violence, poverty and war?

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 11:20 am

*corruption

08/17/16 11:27 am

Because religion is the worst. And Islam is the worst of the worst. It took over sense Christianity calmed down from the centuries of torture and genocide. One it took the Americas and massacred all native populations. They couldn't very well have continued onto Japan to destroy those heathens when they had 2 whole continents to build up now could they.

08/17/16 12:53 pm

Axl, no offense, but you're in denial if you think that secular nations are peaceful. All you have to do is look at history to realize that is false! Secularism has killed millions of people just in the last hundred years.

getupbaby South City
08/17/16 2:37 pm

Yeah, people kill in the name of God a lot, but remove religion from the equation and we'll find something else to murder for.

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 6:28 pm

@DSH which societies exactly?

08/17/16 6:49 pm

I'm sure he is refer to Hilter and Stalin even though they were both Christian 🙄

JennaB Mother

Ethiopia,
Uganda,
Nigeria,
Zaire,
South Africa,
Mexico,
and Liberia just to name a few.

08/17/16 9:28 pm

And Liberia, just to name a few.

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 9:38 pm

A lot of those countries are extremely religious.

08/17/16 9:40 pm

But the governments weren't/aren't.

08/17/16 9:42 pm

I specifically listed nations whose governments were very secular and used secularism to justify the killing of millions.

08/17/16 9:51 pm

Still peanuts on the death at the hands of the religious throughout history. Peanuts.

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 9:55 pm

Not to mention alot of countries listed were state religions aka Cult of Personality

08/17/16 9:58 pm

True. In North Korea the dictator is there God.

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 9:59 pm

Uganda is 85% christian, 7% muslim and only 0.9% atheist. And is one of the most fucked up countries on the planet.

08/17/16 10:01 pm

Doesn't really matter. America will continue to move more and more toward secularism as time passes and it's going to be just fine or better. You can see it already as religion has dropped off in the past few decades.

08/17/16 10:06 pm

I agree mikey, the only successful religious nations were the USA, Israel, England, and possibly a few others. India, Sudan, and so many other Muslim countries are total failures. And I don't know where this lame "cult of personality" excuse came from. The fact is communism kills and it is rooted in secularism and humanism. Mr. Mao, for example, killed 40 million with his "programs." The dictators of many of these nations promoted atheism, evolution, and socialism and then used these as an excuse to purge entire populations. If you believe the opposite, then the schools did a good job with indoctrinating you guys.

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 10:10 pm

If you are talking about religious governments then you are not talking about the USA or England for the past few hundred years. The USA has always had secular government and is the most prosperous nation in the history of mankind.

08/17/16 10:11 pm

I think it's called white washing history. Happens a lot.

08/17/16 10:12 pm

...for all men are created equal.
Written by a deist too!

08/17/16 10:13 pm

Sorry mikey, you can't use the word white. That's racist.

08/17/16 10:15 pm

Shiit. I forgot. My bad all. Calm down BLM, it was a mistake.

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 10:17 pm

They promoted secularism so that way they would worship the state. Mao and atheism didn't kill 40 million, Mao and his cult did. Socialism is NOT communism. Nazi Germany nor communist China, USSR, North Korea, etc... are socialist...hell not even communist for that matter. Socialist, secular countries are happier and better off. Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Scotland, France, Canada....

08/17/16 10:17 pm

Don't worry. I'm a Christian, so I forgive you.
Now let's get a secular opinion...

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 10:19 pm

Ah yes, because only christians have the capacity for forgiveness, I forgot.

08/17/16 10:19 pm

Jenna, please tell me you were joking. Please?

08/17/16 10:19 pm

Jenna, please tell me you were joking. Please?

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 10:19 pm

Yeah a deist. Meaning they believed in a god but not a bullshit religion. Hell I think Adams and know for sure Ben Franklin was an atheist.

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 10:20 pm

I'm dead serious.

08/17/16 10:22 pm

Adams was a Christian actually.

08/17/16 10:23 pm

Jenna that cat is super stuck on religion. You will go on forever without getting anywhere with that one on the religion topic. He takes it super seriously.

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 10:24 pm

Sorry i meant Jefferson

08/17/16 10:25 pm

I do take it seriously. I don't like the communist schools manipulating it and making it all religion's fault. Man is sinful by nature. That's the root of the problem.

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 10:26 pm

What communist schools? What is a sin?

Axl752 NY
08/17/16 10:27 pm

No the root of the problem is people like yourself dismissing differing ideas as "communism", when you apparently don't even know ow what communism is.

getupbaby South City
08/18/16 2:25 am

There's never been communism. Since its inception it's been kicked around, but never practiced. The fact that we're so afraid of something that's never happened is evidence we've been brainwashed by capitalism. People pay lots of money making sure they can profit off the working class either here or abroad. A balance of socialism and capitalism has always been what successful industrialized nations are constructed from.

MyRedSkirt Cali
08/17/16 8:59 am

I don't have faith in man. My faith lies in Jesus alone.

08/17/16 9:29 am

Amen!

JennaB Mother
08/17/16 6:28 pm

Oh brother 🙄

MyRedSkirt Cali
08/17/16 8:09 pm

Jenna: so much for tolerance.

08/17/16 10:20 pm

Let's ask the great empires of South America how toll peanut the Christians were when they started interacting. Wait.... JK, they killed them all and tore there heathen empires down.

08/17/16 10:21 pm

How tolerant*** yikes

08/17/16 10:23 pm

They were catholic. Catholics were savage at the time. That's why there was a Protestant reformation.

08/17/16 10:25 pm

There are plenty of Catholics left in the world. I was raised Catholic. There churches are everywhere.

MyRedSkirt Cali
08/18/16 7:18 am

Mike: That's why my faith is in Jesus & NOT man!

bonemouth lost in the wilderness
08/17/16 8:40 am

This is the generation of I want, not we need. Like the last throes of the Roman empire. We can't make America great again because too many Americans don't think America was ever great.

TxCross44 Texas
08/17/16 8:39 am

Yeah my generation seems screwed

MJSeals Esq.
08/17/16 8:17 am

The ones that are most likely the next generations parents are most likely to vote no. . .

FrankLuntz Fredericksburg, VA
08/17/16 8:05 am

Not even in the current one!

ELATeacher
08/17/16 7:53 am

I teach high school freshmen: I have absolute faith in them. They face so many challenges growing up that my generation did not. Do they fail sometimes and do stupid things (underage drinking, drugs etc)? Of course, but overall they are amazing and will be achieve great things in the future.

Jazzy5 USA
08/17/16 8:42 am

I pass a meth clinic!
You would feel different if you see the people that go there!
The lives that are trashed!
This is for life.

ELATeacher
08/17/16 9:29 am

I am a Catholic priest in a big city, you think I haven't dealt with the horrible effects of drug abuse? I have.

What I was saying is some of the kids make stupid mistakes (at my school it's pot, and underage drinking), they learn from their mistakes and grow into amazing people.

Will a few fall down the hole of drug abuse and alcoholism? Of course that is true in any generation, but I think this generation will do better than mine did, and will be great.

Schiltz ILLINOIS
08/18/16 1:24 pm

@Jazzy5, you can't judge a generation by the lowest of the lowest of them. Every generation has bottom feeders.

ELATeacher
08/18/16 5:17 pm

Exactly Schiltz. I think a generation should be judge by it potential, it goals and dreams. What makes today's youth good is their desires: they want to change the world. They want to take on the big problems, and I honestly believe they have what it takes to solve the big issues.

I just comment on another poll about how I see very little racism the diverse high school I teach at. I think this generation could make racism a thing of past, if only we elders would let them, instead of actively trying to instill it in them.

moldypipes9
08/17/16 7:49 am

We could call them -
Generation safe space
Generation softie
And my favorite
Generation America is f[#ked

Red4799 Asking the Big Questions
08/17/16 10:28 am

As the generation before us, that must mean you've done a pretty worthless job mentoring us in the right direction.

sleepingforrest I miss my cat
08/17/16 10:53 am

I think the next generation will have more on their plate that the previous. Just as my generation had more than the previous. Technology updates creates an infrastructure of near-immediate communication and access to tools we have never thought of. We are humans, we adapt to what we have. We are tool builders since he beginning and that's what we will always do. I think it's somewhat unfair to throw the next generation out of the window when they will be paying for the previous generations debts.

adam180 Pennsylvania
08/17/16 7:46 am

I have faith in my generation. I went to school and eventually college where everyone was kind and open to hearing others opinions. The hard work ethic is also there. The difference is attitude. We know we have to work and we don't want to but we still put effort into it because the job needs to get done. There's some disillusionment here and there. Mostly because of college loans and deep seated beliefs that Washington is nothing more than a corrupt haven where everyone there is just trying to enrich themselves. It knocks the wind out of you when you see just how much in loans you're taking out. It's enough to preoccupy anyone. The corruption in politics makes some wonder what the point is in voting. They don't think their vote matters. The people I've been around know that we have to vote so that's what they'll do. My one friend is driving home on Election Day to vote while the others are filing absentee ballots.

adam180 Pennsylvania
08/17/16 7:54 am

We've also had talks about politics. The Bernie and Hillary people were able to understand each other's sides and remained friends. The very few trump supporters (and this was before trump went off the deep end) were able to articulate why they going to support him better then trump himself. I don't know if they're still supporting him after the primaries. I know a few were turned off by the convention. Honestly the ones that are the most disillusioned are the ones on tumblr all day where they see irrelevant controversies and become SJW for it. It's a bubble honestly. Anyway, with all that being said I have faith in my generation. I also do recognize that my "experiences" sound too good to be true. That they're the exception rather than the rule. I chose though to beeline that they're the rule rather than the exception. 😁

EarlyBird Portland
08/17/16 8:45 am

Nice and encouraging comments.
Ty.

dryanmorr
08/17/16 7:43 am

You mean generation snowflake? No.

08/17/16 10:56 am

Makes me laugh every time. Never gets old.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/17/16 7:36 am

I sure do. Each generation is more liberal than the last. Gives me hope.

EarlyBird Portland
08/17/16 8:46 am

That's the part that terrifies me.
😁

08/17/16 10:54 am

That is scary.

08/17/16 7:31 am

Not with all this SJW PC hippy crap that keeps getting worse and worse. We raised a bunch of puss-pants push overs with no backbone and who are ashamed of being white. Also if there not white then they feel entitled to anything and everything including openly bragging about being a illegal and taking scholarships from citizens and attacking police.

Schiltz ILLINOIS
08/17/16 7:24 am

This is kind of an old man test. People who answer "no" are cynical old men, and the ones who answer "yes" aren't.

Xemanis Lawful Good
08/17/16 9:17 am

I'm not that old.

With PC culture on the rise it's reasonable to believe that the next gen is screwed

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
08/17/16 7:20 am

Yes. Always. Each generation grows in knowledge and understanding with the lessons learned from the past generations.

kscott516 Masks fail
08/17/16 7:26 am

You'd think so but this new generation seems to ignore history's past lessons.

HoosierFan
08/17/16 7:26 am

I agree with everything except the lessons learned. Human experience seems to prove the opposite.

We have short memories as a species. I'm not sure that's a bad thing, it allows us to move on from conflicts, but we do tend to repeat the same mistakes over time.

08/17/16 7:33 am

Unless your of one of many cultures who fight for generations. So long they forget why they fight lol.