kspells TheOtherOtherside
08/17/16 1:04 am

When you accept the opportunity to earn an income you agree to have it taxed. You agree to this before you start working to earn that income. So it can't be theft when you agree to it.

EarlyBird Portland
08/17/16 3:48 am

Exactly!

cgxvi Miniarchist
08/17/16 7:22 am

I am forced to agree to it to work. Is it no longer theft if I put the gun to your head but then you just agree to give me the money instead of me taking it?

kspells TheOtherOtherside
08/17/16 7:52 am

There is no gun. You are in no way forced to work. Make your own money; If you don't want to pay income tax. If you think you pay too much income tax, then you need to earn less money. You do not have to take any job for any reason. Can you imagine being forced? I sure haven't seen it.

cgxvi Miniarchist
08/17/16 7:55 am

You are in no way forced per say however you cannot survive without income. And that income is taxed.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
08/17/16 8:03 am

That income is taxed if someone is paying you a taxable wage. It is the employer who is reporting the pay so that it can be taxed. If someone pays you, that's their income, that they have, they are spending it by providing an employee with an opportunity. But they have already earned it. You do not have to be employed. If you want to be it's a taxed wage. Do not work as an employee and make money without an employer.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
08/17/16 8:06 am

Spending money is the number one proof of income.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
08/16/16 11:55 pm

I am ok with specific use taxes such as the taxes added to fuel to pay for roads, but income tax is theft.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
08/17/16 3:17 am

What do you imagine income taxes are used for? Mattress stuffing?

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/16/16 9:17 pm

No. Because you actually get most of it back if you know how to manage money.

cgxvi Miniarchist
08/17/16 7:24 am

If I were to take some of your earnings, but give most of it back without your consent would it not be theft?

EarlyBird Portland