Grantfordlee August 16th, 2016 9:09pm

Would it be a good idea to allow women on the battlefield?

myob
08/17/16 6:25 pm

Grantforded , you do not have a clue what you are talking about. Leave this to the adults who have experience in the real world.

gazamidori Florida
08/17/16 2:31 pm

I'm a proponent of diversity and having people with differences can actually do wonders as sometimes there is a good way, a right way, and better way to do things, and you need these perspectives to get the multiples solutions

Grantfordlee Illinois
08/17/16 2:35 pm

Well this is only for combat roles. The poeple that get into actual gunfights and sometimes physical altercations. The people who are subject to most of the war prisoners and such

myob
08/17/16 1:06 pm

If a woman passed basic training for live battle conditions, yes she is able to give as good as she gets. Women can be viscous.

Kyle5 TN
08/17/16 12:58 pm

No. It's a simple case of inferiority. You can call me sexist, but it's true. Women should not participate in active combat roles. There could be an argument if the woman is part of the top 1-5% that is more or less equal in physical terms with the average man, but even then there are downsides.

MrsCrayonWax
08/17/16 1:05 pm

That's true for me. No one would want me on the front line but I think In this day and age, you'd want every able bodied and willing person wanting to defend the country.

myob
08/17/16 1:14 pm

If you are referring to being raped, men are raped as well. Women have to be trained that rape is something that will only make you furious. An IUD before deployment is essential.

MrsCrayonWax
08/17/16 2:10 pm

And if you are talking about rape, deal with the rapists. The problem is always on the rapist, not the victim for simply being there. And I don't for a minute believe that just because women are there, men are going to start attacking them.

Grantfordlee Illinois
08/16/16 3:13 pm

There are a few reasons why not. But youd have to have prior military experience to understand. And of course the obvious thing (s)

biker4life Arizona
08/16/16 3:15 pm

I do have prior military experience.

Grantfordlee Illinois
08/16/16 3:20 pm

Squadrens. In combat, brotherhood is key. Not saying a female couldnt potentially get along, but we are just talking about principles. Letting women in just brings more unnecessary questions into play that I dont even wanna start on. Importantly, these are 18-26 year old males that the females would be partnered with. Romantic relationships are inevitable

MrsCrayonWax
08/17/16 12:21 pm

I wonder how Israel manages to train up both men and women for military service and not have an issue.

biker4life Arizona
08/17/16 12:36 pm

Apparently they train men and not horny little boys like Grantfordlee believes is in the U.S. military.

Grantfordlee Illinois
08/17/16 12:39 pm

Israel =/= USA. Nice false equivalence though.

MrsCrayonWax
08/17/16 1:02 pm

Tell me grantford, how was it a false equivalence? Are there not women and men in Israel? And what is your military experience?

MrsCrayonWax
08/17/16 2:50 pm

@grantfordlee ??? I'm wondering from where you are drawing your conclusions. You don't look old enough to be in the military so I'm wondering what your experience is?

Grantfordlee Illinois
08/17/16 7:51 pm

I have a cousin in the military. Also, never assume. I was part of the Civil Air Patrol-not directly military.

MrsCrayonWax
08/17/16 8:24 pm

What does the CAP have to do with women though? Are women somehow a hindrance to you in your responsibilities?

Grantfordlee Illinois
08/18/16 6:44 am

It doesnt lmfao. You asked if I had military expierence. I said not other than the CAP. I also said that my cousin is in the military, and he, like the rest of the guys there, share the same opinion as I.

MrsCrayonWax
08/18/16 6:49 am

Really? So does that have any statistics to back it up? Because my retired Officer friend doesn't see a big deal as long as women can pull their own weight. And again, all Israeli citizens have military training and can defend the country at any given time. All. Not just men.

MrsCrayonWax
08/18/16 6:50 am

And I have a long list of Iraq and Afghanistan war vet friends who don't see an issue with it either. Guys that have actually been in combat.

Grantfordlee Illinois
08/18/16 6:55 am

This is why I dont debate online, people will pull any fake anecdotal statistics out of thin air. What the military things overall has no bearing on whether this is a good idea. Dont fix something if it isnt broken.

And again, israel =/= usa.

MrsCrayonWax
08/18/16 7:05 am

I didn't pull a fake stay out. You said your cousin and all the other guys agree with him. I asked you for stats. The burden of proof is on you. You never answered the question. What reasons should women not be allowed in combat? But we can end this here since you don't like debate.