GingerFascist August 16th, 2016 4:29pm

What is the best argument for the existence of God? In the comments.

Carcano Luke 10 19
08/17/16 2:08 pm

I believe I said this in another one of your polls, but our existence itself.

Intelligent design is more likely than random occurrence if you look at the statistical likeliness of certain events that led to our existence.

ChristianMan19 Colorado
08/16/16 10:39 pm

The fact that Jesus Christ came humbly to Earth and died for our sins so that we can live in glory forever with Him. And the fact He raised from the dead. Thousands of people saw Him, including nonbelieving Romans

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/16/16 7:30 pm

There isn't one. Faith does not require justification, which is a good thing for those of faith, because all attempts to justify the explicitly unknowable (and by definition unjustifiable) fail. Doesn't stop people from trying, but none has succeeded so far.

NoNameToBeHad nope
08/16/16 4:57 pm

The inability to disprove spontaneous generation as a legitimate theory on the creation of life

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/16/16 1:56 pm

The best I've got is pretty weak, tbh. But I think the Qur'an is a pretty miraculous document.

Counterpoint Deep in the heart of TX
08/16/16 10:39 am

I've never felt the need to try and provide proof for the existence of my God. I know he exists, and that's all I need to know. What I don't understand is why multiple sides feel the need to hold endless arguments over the subject. Being an absolute prick has NEVER changed anybody's mind, so why do it? You'll be much happier if you learn to shut up and live your own life. 👍

GingerFascist Ireland
08/16/16 10:49 am

"My God" what God is that exactly? There are thousands of religions, so what God are you specifying?

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/16/16 10:33 am

Near death experiences in which I should have been kill. Been almost shocked to death before. 110 volt working in a power plant. Escaped unscathed. Heaters were still live.

susanr Colorado
08/16/16 10:07 am

I don't have any arguments at all, but I don't feel a need for one. (I'm an atheist, or technically I should call myself an agnostic, except that sounds like I'm still questioning, but I'm not. It's just not something that concerns me; I don't think a god exists, period.)

I see utterly no evidence of a creator god, and the idea of a supernatural being seems absurd to me. I realize that leave questions like the origin of the universe unanswered, but the existence of a god just brings up the question of where the god came from, so you really haven't answered anything with that. And as a scientist I see *plenty* of evidence for evolution and can comprehend abiogenesis. I'm not a physicist but I can slightly comprehend the beginning of the universe. From what is a total mystery to me, though. Doesn't make me think God Did It.

So, no answer from me.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/16/16 9:50 am

Lol. Hopefully someone will bring something better.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 9:52 am

Don't get your hopes up. I've been waiting my entire life for a legitimate, compelling argument that supports the existence of a god (or gods).

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 9:54 am

Although on second glance, I see this poll is about the Christian god, specifically.... Yeah good luck getting that argument.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/16/16 9:57 am

I'm not going for the Christian God. Any God/Gods. I just want to see what best arguments people can throw at me as a Theist with no religion. I don't have any evidence past I think a God exists.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 10:00 am

"I don't have any evidence past I think a God exists."

Well I already said faith... And that's the best you'll get, sadly.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 10:02 am

This isn't the first time a legitimate argument from religious folks has been requested on this app... We've yet to get a reasonable one.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 10:07 am

Well let's discuss. Why do you choose to be a theist when you have nothing to go by besides faith? As a research scientist, this is something I've never been able to wrap my mind around.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/16/16 10:33 am

Basic arguments I think you would hear all the time. Creator arguments. Saying what came before the Big Bang, I would say God. God was always there. I think this God interacts with humanity and all other species of there are alien species. But he has not given us the true religion because we could not wrap our minds around it as fallible humans. That's basically it. Nothing special.

shoeless Texas
08/16/16 11:30 am

If you could prove the Christian God, that would eliminate the need for faith. There is a lot of evidence for, but not complete evidence. Without faith, there is no need to trust. Just a small thought. I don't think you can prove His existence, before you meet Him.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 11:35 am

You said we weren't talking about the Christian god, but you keep saying "God" (capitalized). Is it the Christian god you believe in? Or no god in particular?

GingerFascist Ireland
08/16/16 12:18 pm

Laser, of course I capitalize God. It's a name. We don't know what to call God so we just say God. I'm not talking about the Christian God let alone the Abrahamic God. Just God in the general sense of the word.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 12:23 pm

Interesting... I've always been careful to separate the two... There are many gods... God is a god, but not all gods are God. Well anyways, to better understand your view, lemme clarify: You believe a god exists, but you don't know which god from any given religion (or no religion at all) is the true god? Is that correct?

Secondly, do you believe there is just a single god, or several gods?

GingerFascist Ireland
08/16/16 1:50 pm

Yes, and yes if I God exists I think it would be one God. One God of pure, well everything. Nothing is greater then him. He is both good and evil. Which is were I disagree with religion. I don't think a "Satan" exists. God is Satan in the evil sense of the word but he is also all good because he creates both good and evil.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/16/16 1:51 pm

How did this god come to be? Who (or what) created the creator?

GingerFascist Ireland
08/16/16 1:59 pm

I do not know. It is something the human mind can not comprehend. Or at least not at the present intelligence we are at as a species.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
08/16/16 5:42 pm

a.co/iWZ6xGf

Written by an atheist trying to prove God doesn't exist....very good book

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
08/16/16 5:43 pm

He is no longer an atheist