duey August 16th, 2016 4:09pm

Finally the truth! I'm sure this video will be disturbing to liberals but truth from those who know and live has to be heard if we are ever going to have a decent conversation about what's going on in this country. Best 11 mins on the interweb!

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
08/17/16 10:20 am

He's right. But me, being an idiot, just had to read the comments on YouTube. Goddamn people are either ignorant or just plain stupid.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
08/16/16 11:03 am

Could you be more cryptic in your intro? Not a shred of context.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 12:06 pm

Take a chance...

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
08/16/16 10:07 am

He makes decent points sometimes, however, if you're going to decry something related to or of my people, I caution you the Tommy Sotomayor isn't a good source of information. Tommy is a good man at heart but his disdain for his own race knows no bounds as he gets paid by youtube for his diatribes. I can go back and find you many real videos where he is sitting in council with some of the brothers from The Nation of Islam, The Alphas and the NAACP, and his words are totally flipped. We know what he's doing and we don't fault him because he's getting paid.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 10:42 am

That's where these conversations always go isn't it? Ruining the credibility of whoever is bringing up the point. People at some point have to take responsibility for their own actions. Looting and rioting when the facts aren't known just makes the rioters look like thieves of opportunity. Just because people are poor doesn't mean they are criminals or they have to be. Not taking advantage of free education is another crime not creating families with both parents together is a moral crime. 52% of all murders being committed by 13% of the population is the saddest sickest part...

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 10:44 am

I just clicked the link I posted at the bottom of this page it works fine.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
08/16/16 10:50 am

And everyone's world isn't the same. Sorry to disappoint you. The world isn't as black and white (no pun intended) as many of you on this app wishes it were. Everything doesn't have a simple solution. And to those things, if people didn't live them or see them up close firsthand, you lack the qualifications to even speak to them directly. You can quote stats all day, but they only tell half of a story. Example- just because an education is free, doesn't make it always practical. You wouldn't understand having to choose between working or going to school in order to eat. You'd blame the parent. But what if that parent is working too, and money is still extremely short? Real life.....

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 12:21 pm

Oh please you know what the real issues are drug and alcohol related. I do have first hand knowledge of what goes on in schools. Our city was required by the courts to build new magnate schools for the inner city. They opened enrollment to everyone through the the metro hoping to get kids from all over. They recruited athletes to help jump start their sports programs. My sons swim and dive coach was recruited and then he begged my son to come. Last 2 years of high school were so disappointing based on education standards alone. Is an average school my son was a B student he didn't crack a book and got straight A's. Needless to say 20 years on schools are trashed inside and out riddled with bullet holes and no one wants to go there. Tax payers still on the hook keeping everything equal for all. It's impossible to keep schools viable without parental support that's not going to happen in communities where 72% of kids come from single parent homes.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
08/16/16 12:29 pm

I can only shake my head and wish you well. You know what you think you know and I can't take that opinion away from you.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 12:32 pm

You're right I don't know everything I can only go by what I've experienced and what I read in the newspaper. I do know this, the majority of black folks are better then what I see in Milwaukee!

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
08/16/16 12:35 pm

And you're absolutely right. Problem in Milwaukee (and look it up) is that nobody even gives pretence to how things are. Milwaukee is factually the most segregated large city in America. Done intentionally.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 12:58 pm

Yes I'm aware of what Clinton and the churches have done. Bringing in about 20,000 Somali immigrants, about all at one.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
08/16/16 1:04 pm

No. This goes back to the 50s and 60s.

MrsCrayonWax
08/16/16 1:49 pm

Even more segregated than Buffalo which had an expressway cut through the center dividing east and west? I'll just say that in my day (I'm 40), post bussing and deseg, there was a push to get even #s of whites and minorities in each other's schools thereby doing away with neighborhood schools. I had a very nice, diverse school experience. So when we hear about stuff like this, we kind of look at each other (my friends) black and white, acknowledging there are very clear differences, but also throwing our hands up because we had different experiences from what happens today. Parents that cared, extended families, teachers from within our communities that genuinely cared about us. At the end of the day, we were all poor. But I still can't identify with some of the things honest is talking about because they weren't my reality. At the 💛 of it is the idea that people can't so they don't. You are told that long enough, you believe it. Low SES+lack of education continues the cycle.

MrsCrayonWax
08/16/16 1:50 pm

And duey, I've since seen state of the art schools fall to pot because the family and community infrastructure isn't there coupled with teachers who can't identify with these kids and come in Pollyanna about it.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 1:55 pm

That's fair like I said all we have are own experiences. I can't make excuses for criminal behavior, poverty doesn't mean you're free to steal, rob and kill.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
08/16/16 1:55 pm

@MrsCrayon- What made it worse for me, was my dad was there and he was trying his best, and we still had nothing. He just couldn't catch a break.

MrsCrayonWax
08/16/16 2:50 pm

Honesty, I can't imagine what it was like downstate. It's was bad on this side. Both parents worked and still had to borrow every year for clothes and presents and sometimes food. And @duey it's not an excuse to do any of those things but nowadays absent any kind of positive role model, how would you ever know better?

MrsCrayonWax
08/16/16 2:53 pm

And the saddest thing is to drive back down to the old neighborhood where my dad still lives and see the old group of kids, now adults, still,doing the same thing, getting drunk and high and bitching about how unfair life is. And even worse, the hipsters are coming in and gentrifying the neighborhood and displacing the people who still live there. A whole other issue.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 2:54 pm

The Presidents not a roll model for kids? Let's be honest 72% of families are missing a parent. That guarantees failure before anything else. I don't get the mindset of popping out kids without a partner unless I know it helps me get a payday. That's the saddest part is the way federal programs are set up for single parent homes.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 2:57 pm

The other sad part is how long has New York been run by democrats? I realize they've had a Republican governor recently but he doesn't control the spending.

MrsCrayonWax
08/16/16 2:58 pm

And that's it. If no one is around to tell you how, how can you ever turn it around? The president isn't in the neighborhood with the kids, at the grass roots level. At least not enough to make a difference nor should the entirety of problems within inner city communities fall on his shoulders to fix just because he is a black man nor should he go the opposite route and make matters worse in some cases by speaking out and not addressing the problems because he is a black man.

MrsCrayonWax
08/16/16 3:04 pm

We had Pataki over a decade ago as governor. We don't get many republican governors around these parts.

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 3:08 pm

I get it but we all know school age kids do think our presidents are special and do look up to them. Unfortunately the fatherless families are the main cause for the breakdown of these families. It just keeps feeding on itself not sure if or when it can ever be reversed.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
08/16/16 9:15 am

This user is currently being ignored

duey in a fools paradise
08/16/16 9:25 am

It's hard to based on the gentleman's choice of words. He basically says there are 2 types of black folks, savages and the normal everyday type who want what everyone else wants. By the way he's a black American man...