GingerFascist August 16th, 2016 3:01am

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." - Ronald Reagan

GingerFascist Ireland
08/15/16 8:04 pm

I usually don't just comment on my own polls unless replaying to someone but this is an issue that hits close to home. Many consider the Irish Republican Army (IRA) a terrorist group. I strongly disagree, they are Nationalistic Freedom Fighters who only wish to free Ireland, once and for all. As the saying goes, "Erin Go Bragh", in English: Ireland Forever. Forever free from British occupation, or any other foreign oppressor for that matter.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 8:35 pm

I'm welsh, I'm against American independence and I live in America. I say fuckin go for it. If I were England, I'd just let you guys go and do your own thing. See how it goes. America will fail. It almost did numerous times after we had independence. It's going to fail now. If you have a government ready for when you get independence, and you're sure it'll work, I'd sit back and watch. Doesn't really hurt to experiment. Though Irish people aren't pansies so I'd say y'all would hold out. I'm surprised America even did. Lol I'm kidding though. Our army is respectable. Under Obama maybe not but still. I respect them.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 8:36 pm

What I'm saying I believe you guys would succeed when Britain releases Ireland to the people.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/15/16 8:51 pm

See. But they won't. The Northern Irish only stay with the U.K. because of the Catholic/Protestant divide. But, in Ireland no one care about that anymore, and even if they did uniting your people should come first before religious disagreements.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 8:53 pm

True. Wonder why it's still split. If the south doesn't have any problems, why even keep the north? It's not like they're communist or an oppressive dictatorship. They don't have a Hitler running it or a Stalin. Or a Hilary Clinton.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/15/16 9:00 pm

A lot of its propaganda and fear mongering. I've been to Northern Ireland and have asked them myself. Many do want independence but they are afraid of not having a big power like the UK protect them. But with the state the UK is in, I'm sure we will see a Brexit type of thing for Northern Ireland soon.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 9:04 pm

Do you think the EU has anything to do with the U.K. holding on to them? Since they left, I wouldn't be surprise if the north secedes and the U.K. Says "okay, later". I'm for it really. I'd be smart to keep the uk as an ally though. For trading and for a helping hand if y'all need it. Army wise.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/15/16 9:10 pm

Definitely, we are always going to be trading partners, it wouldn't make sense not to be. If I go to the coast of Dublin I can see the coast of England, we are that close. It would be idiotic not to be trading partners. So to answer, yes to the EU question and yes to the trade question.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 9:33 pm

I really see no reason for England to keep the north. Y'all got your own economy so having a different currency shouldn't really be an issue. Maybe a currency exchange. Give the people the equivalent of Irish currency to the pound and send it back to England. Unless y'all use the pound. I don't know about your currency. But I'm sure England would still protect you. Like you say, they're literally right there next to each other.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/15/16 9:39 pm

We just use the Euro, but we accept the British Pound as well.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 9:41 pm

Okay I got you. I assume that main Ireland is in the EU still?

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 8:03 pm

Depends. If Isis then no. Alqueda then probably.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/15/16 8:09 pm

Well not only Muslims have been considered terrorists. But I get what you're saying.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/16/16 12:24 am

ISIS yes too because they fight Assad. That's one of the reasons they have power, because no one likes Assad.