GingerFascist August 15th, 2016 5:53pm

Have you ever been to Europe? If so, what country/countries.

Malekithe Hades
08/15/16 12:49 pm

Germany, England, Wales, Ireland, Italy, France, Poland, Netherlands, Greece, Spain, Monaco, Portugal, Ireland

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/15/16 12:46 pm

I'm in Paris right now, third time in France. I was just in Germany, and I've been to Albania. I love travelling :)

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
08/15/16 12:46 pm

Lived in Germany as a child. Visited England, France, Spain, Austria, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland...

vbully Hawaii
08/15/16 12:22 pm

England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Italy

maltz earth
08/15/16 12:21 pm

The Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, England, and Ireland.

googer11 Minnesota
08/15/16 12:20 pm

France, Luxenberg, Belgium, England,
Switzerland, Italy.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
08/15/16 12:04 pm

Lol the farthest I've been from home was Washington DC (about 200 miles away)

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
08/15/16 12:06 pm

That may change if I have the opportunity to buy a house in Texas.

corino Utah
08/15/16 11:52 am

Germany, Austria, Cheque Republic.

SauceBoss nj
08/15/16 11:52 am

Italy, Greece ,Great Britain ,Czech Republic, Netherlands, Iceland

08/15/16 12:09 pm

Been to all of those. How did you like it?

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
08/15/16 12:31 pm

Amsterdam was great
St Petersburg was very nice
Moscow was not a friendly place

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
08/15/16 11:41 am

I've been to virtually all of them, and I lived in four of them.

08/15/16 11:43 am

What countries have you lived in? Trust me virtual means nothing.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
08/15/16 12:02 pm

Not virtual in that sense. I mean that I have been to almost all of them.

I lived in the Netherlands, Italy, England, and France.

dfish at home
08/15/16 11:40 am

Amsterdams airport and Sardinia Italy

08/15/16 11:41 am

Why Sardinia? Got family there?

dfish at home
08/15/16 11:59 am

No I did a summer exchange program. I lived with some random family for a month. It was interesting

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
08/15/16 11:47 am

In Spain I was only in Madrid and Toledo, I really enjoyed it. Great history, people, food and lifestyle. Definitely want to return. Wasn't in London long enough to have an opinion other than horrible food and beer, just awful. I've also been to Finland. The people there are insanely happy and friendly....like no place I've ever been. Saunas and bicycles everywhere too. But visit in summer, winter blows.

pedwingeorge Benson IL
08/15/16 11:31 am

England, France, Belgium (for about 30 minutes), Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, and Turkey

08/15/16 11:36 am

Wow, how did you like going to those countries?

rlands
08/15/16 11:42 am

Lol same about Belgium #layovers

pedwingeorge Benson IL
08/15/16 11:46 am

We were in the train station and we purposely went outside so we could say we were in Belgium

08/15/16 11:31 am

Just Moscow? How did you like it?

ronderman North Carolina
08/15/16 11:33 am

We had a layover in Germany but didn't leave the airport, so I didn't count it.

It was a church trip and there were about 400 of us that did concerts around the area. It was very eye opening. I really enjoyed red square and the Kremlin.

08/15/16 11:37 am

What do you mean church trip. Are you Orthodox Christian?

ronderman North Carolina
08/15/16 8:32 pm

Baptist. We have a very large church and our church alone brought 200 people. We were all musicians and toured Moscow doing musical workshops and concerts. It was a ten day trip where we visited orphanages, churches, built playgrounds, repaired buildings, and generally loved on people before all coming back together for a huge concert at Moscow's largest venue.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 11:29 am

Haven't been there in person. I've done virtual trips around Ireland and England. Beautiful landscapes. One friend from England. The people are generally nice. Met a few Irish online. One was cool. The rest were questionable to be honest. They hated people from the US. Dunno why. I really like the architecture of the U.K. Gothic churches are a spectacle. Had to do a report on the UK (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) back in 7th and 8th grade. I failed it cause I suck at doing research. But I enjoyed learning about it. I'd love to live over in England tbh. Beats the piss out of the United States. Good for visiting, sucks for living.

08/15/16 11:31 am

It's not bad living here. I like it, as an Irishman.

gameplayer2014 Constipated Clefable
08/15/16 11:34 am

I got welsh royalty and Viking in my blood. How I turned out ginger is beyond me. Got German and French in my blood. Come to think of it, I'm mainly welsh and the rest of Europe. XD I'd say 40% welsh 40% Irish and 20% everything else.

08/15/16 11:39 am

Ha. It's the Welsh. The Welsh, Scots and Irish are Northern Celts. Well now just modern celts, but we have the redhead gene. So if you ever know a redhead you at least know that he/she has some Celtic in him/her.

infinity1 Cincinnati, OH
08/15/16 11:35 am

I saved up my money to go on vacation and since I have family there, I stayed with them. I was only 16 so I was pretty limited in where I could go. I really wanted to go to other places, like Spain and Germany, but sadly I couldn't afford it. Nor would my family let me leave the house alone.

08/15/16 11:39 am

Ah darn. How was Sicily? I've never been. I've been around Northern Italian but not Central or Southern, well except Rome.

infinity1 Cincinnati, OH
08/15/16 12:00 pm

It's a nice place. There's not that much to do around there, unless you want to go to a tourist trap. There's still some local artisans, but there's definitely some American influences there now. The culture of the people there is great. They are all very friendly and treat you like family. The beaches are pretty good as well. It's been 6 years since I've been there so I'm sure a lot has changed.

imanag My heaven on Earth
08/15/16 11:15 am

I've been to France, England, Scotland, and Ireland. I'd like to go back and see it all again, along with Norway, Spain and Italy.

08/15/16 11:16 am

How did you like my country? I'm Irish.

imanag My heaven on Earth
08/15/16 11:41 am

I loved it! I travelled from Antrim to Cork and in between. It's beautiful! I suspect that the only reason my ancestors left was hunger. I felt at home in Ireland.

08/15/16 11:42 am

Probably. By the way, I'm from Cork, so you went right into my home town.

imanag My heaven on Earth
08/15/16 11:57 am

That's awesome! The world is small. I have ancestors from both sides of my family from County Cork. When I went to Cobh to look for immigration records, I learned about their professions and all sorts of things. The Irish are excellent record keepers!

hockeykyle Michigan
08/15/16 11:13 am

Italy and France

08/15/16 11:17 am

Beautiful countries both of them. How did you like it?

hockeykyle Michigan
08/15/16 11:23 am

It was amazing. So many things to do and see. Was supposed to go to Nice as a part of the trip but that didn't happen because the terror attack on Bastille day. Guess I have a reason to go back some day

08/15/16 11:24 am

Oh wow you were going to go to Nice but then the attack happened? Wow, lucky you didn't go.

hockeykyle Michigan
08/15/16 11:33 am

Yea our plane to France was cancelled a few days earlier so it pushed to whole trip a day back

lagg
08/15/16 11:12 am

Ireland

08/15/16 11:16 am

How did you like my country? I'm Irish.

kawaiichan somewhere
08/15/16 11:12 am

I've been to England, and Spain. Besides those two I've also been to Russia.

kawaiichan somewhere
08/15/16 11:19 am

England was nice 😇😇😇😇 the people there are so friendly. I have relatives in Spain, I wanted to meet them for the first time. Russia was really fun I went with pika. Her family is crazy.

susanr Colorado
08/15/16 11:04 am

England, mostly in & around London, Lower Denham, the Cotswolds. Just a week; wish I could have stayed longer and gone much farther.

08/15/16 11:09 am

What did you think about it? England, especially London is barely even English anymore. But I guess one invader (Anglo-Saxons) will eventually get beaten by a new invader (Arabs).

susanr Colorado
08/15/16 11:19 am

Well, first, it was 22 years ago. But I LOVED it. I was visiting, along with 3 other women from the US, a number of other online friends (all from CompuServe's Cooks Forum) in England, so we had familiar people to show us around, and it was naturally a very food-oriented trip, with some of them inviting us into their homes and feeding us, and various other food-related stops (Harrod's Food Halls, pubs, restaurants, a cookware shop in the Cotswolds).

London seemed very cosmopolitan even at that time, but of course I don't really know what it feels like today, so I can't know how I'd feel about it now. But personally I have no issue with being in very mixed ethic groups - I'm very used to it; I've often been a minority at work, in my educational setting, in my housing, in my neighborhood, and frankly, I dislike the lack of diversity in my neighborhood and my town at present.

I realize there are issues beyond simply diversity or lack of it; I just haven't lived with them.

getupbaby South City
08/15/16 11:00 am

UK. Amsterdam is coming up next year.

08/15/16 11:23 am

How did you like the UK? What parts of the UK?

getupbaby South City
08/15/16 11:58 am

I saw the Rose Theatre (pretty neat), Shakespeare's home (neat, but a ways away from London, only worth it if you're a fan), Stonehenge (really cool, never realized the scale of those rocks!), but the Roman Baths were the coolest. It was like a spa for the Gods. The stories were crazy and the architecture was amazing. Actually, architecture was pretty sweet throughout, but Bath (Bathe? The city is named some variation of the word) took the cake.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/15/16 10:58 am

Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Britain, Holland, Italy, Spain, Romania, Norway...
Probably forgot a few 😏

08/15/16 10:59 am

I've been to most of those. How'd you like traveling around Europe?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/15/16 11:02 am

Oh very much.
More history and older than the US.
You visit a small town and they tell you this unremarkable place was founded in, like, 1181.
Oops, there goes St Augustin 😏

08/15/16 11:07 am

Ha, nice. Europe is definitely older then the US. Far more history, far more culture ect. You don't appreciate Europe until you've been to it. Same type of thing, when I went to America I didn't appreciate it until I actually visited it. But then again, I'm a white ginger so I don't get any sh!t unless I go to the ghettos.

PeopleAreDumb Nursing School
08/15/16 10:57 am

Ireland and the Frankfurt Airport.

08/15/16 10:58 am

How'd you like my country? I'm Irish.

PeopleAreDumb Nursing School
08/15/16 2:00 pm

It was wonderful! I have tons of great memories from there. I was in marching band in high school so we actually marched in the 2014 St. Patrick's day parade in Dublin. We spent most of our time on the west side of the island though. Did all the tourist stuff. Blarney Castle, Bunratty Castle, Cliffs of Moher, etc. We stayed in Killarney, tons of cool stuff there. Good time. And of course Dublin was amazing. But I think I'll always remember just how green everything was.