Hooah August 14th, 2016 3:03pm

Who started the war in Afghanistan? Bush or Obama? (Check out the link)

susanr Colorado
08/14/16 9:21 pm

@Zia - According to a fellow I follow on Facebook, it was the Time Travelling Negro.

Ebola1 Florida
08/14/16 10:18 am

Bush went into Afghanistan after the WTC attack as well he should have.

rons WOKE is sick
08/14/16 10:03 am

Bush after those bastard blew up the WTC. Should have leveled the place.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/14/16 9:42 am

Seeing as how the war in Afghanistan started in 2001, if anybody wants to argue that Obama started it, I'd be happy to laugh in your face.

duey in a fools paradise
08/14/16 9:41 am

Actually it was Osama Ben Laden we told the Taliban to hand him over.

jvberg Winter has Come
08/14/16 9:08 am

I almost lost my cool when I saw this imbecile say Obama started the war in Afghanistan

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
08/14/16 9:07 am

I don't think Obama would have gone into Afghanistan.

MrsCrayonWax
08/14/16 8:45 am

She's an idiot. This isn't even like its a grey area on who "started" Isis. Bush sent troops over. It's not even debatable.

susanr Colorado
08/14/16 8:21 am

I swear, that woman is going to be Trump's Secretary of State. She fits right into his bozo thinking. Between this and the comment about Obama being responsible for Captain Khan's death...

susanr Colorado
08/14/16 8:22 am

Obama and Clinton... She managed to squeeze Hillary Clinton into that one too.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/14/16 8:24 am

That's my only criticism of Trump, his message is true, but he delivers it in a way where he makes it untrue.

Hooah Fmr. Zia
08/14/16 8:27 am

He's a liar then Luft. He's a bigger liar that Clinton. Is mess might be appealing, but it's based on lies and half truths.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/14/16 8:29 am

Instead of saying "Obama is the founder of Isis" he should have said "Obama played a huge part in helping Isis spread in Syria", which is true. The Obama administration via the CIA funded FSA rebels that later joined Isis.

Ebola1 Florida
08/14/16 8:31 am

Nobody is a bigger liar than Clinton.

Hooah Fmr. Zia
08/14/16 9:02 am

Trump is a huge liar. Every word out of his mouth is a lie.

Ebola1 Florida
08/14/16 9:04 am

Not true and it's a lie to say so.

Hooah Fmr. Zia
08/14/16 9:14 am

You're factually incorrect. Fact checkers across the board label Trump as the biggest liar.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/14/16 9:16 am

Fact checkers have a bias though, it's like saying CNN dosen't treat Hillary favorably.

Hooah Fmr. Zia
08/14/16 9:21 am

All fact checkers are biased? Every fact checker in the country is biased in favor of Clinton? What about the facts themselves? Are the primary sources biased?

Maj Worth Economist
08/14/16 9:36 am

When given the opportunity to say that Obama helped ISIS spread, Trump doubled down. He didn't take the out.

costco17 New York
08/14/16 10:16 am

Fact checkers have a bias? Yes, you're right...they are in obvious favor of facts. Who can trust them?

Ebola1 Florida
08/14/16 10:16 am

At least he's not responsible for the lives of Americans, for instance, killed at Bengazi. Which, BTW, she lied about also.

susanr Colorado
08/14/16 10:31 am

When I look at fact checkers, I pay attention to the range of results they show. If they debunk claims that would favor conservatives as well as claims that would favor liberals, and if their language is generally neutral I'm much more likely to consider them fair.

When I see a source like that attacked as being biased and solely supporting liberals, I am pretty sure the person attacking them either hasn't done their homework on the source, or they are choosing to view it selectively because they believe biased stories so strongly they won't accept any debunking. (Occasionally they may be right about a particular story, but generally they reject the source overall, condemning it.)

And I have no idea what to do about that. There's just no convincing them.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/14/16 8:17 am

I'd say U.S. influence in Afghanistan began with Jimmy Carter's foreign policy administration in the late 70s. Although, it was under my impression that Bush started the official Afghanistan war.

Hooah Fmr. Zia
08/14/16 8:18 am

US influence started with Truman and Eisenhower. Carter was just there for the Soviet invasion. But Bush started the war.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/14/16 8:21 am

During Truman and Eisenhower's era the Soviets and Afghans were on good terms, it wasn't until Carter where that started to change. The downfall of the Soviet Union was being planned by the CFR in the 50s, so I guess you're technically correct.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/14/16 8:22 am

Afghanistan was supposed to be the Soviet's Vietnam, that's why we started funding rebels to start conflict there.