Doopy June 30th, 2013 8:01am

Is pop culture usually correct about the tenants of your faith, philosophy, etc., or are wild inaccuracies regarding your core beliefs frequently broadcast to the world?

Aliggan China and Florida
06/30/13 11:47 am

Communist, agnostic, and brony.
Suffice it to say, I know that most of you have painted one misguided image of me.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
06/30/13 11:10 am

My reason for this poll is recently I saw a rerun of Supernatural in which a character asks an angel if the Antichrist is the devil's son, and the angel replies, "of course not; your Bible gets more wrong than it does right."

Doopy Remedial Americanism
06/30/13 11:10 am

For those who have not read the bible, I'd like to point out that nowhere does it say the Antichrist is the devil's son.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
06/30/13 11:10 am

When a good writer talks about ballistics, they read up on ballistics. When they talk about bugs they read up on bugs. So why won't writers read the Bible before they talk about what's in it?

Statek Im from the Internet
06/30/13 9:50 am

Apparently atheists worship Satan and everything bad
Who knew?

Doopy Remedial Americanism
06/30/13 10:49 am

Where exactly does that show up in pop culture?

samlissie California
06/30/13 9:25 am

Example: I am a Christian and I do not hate gay people and have no problem with them being allowed to legally marry. Just as long as they don't think their marriage is blessed by God, it's fine. Your life, not mine.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/30/13 8:22 am

We've had long discussions about this before. So many have become enamored with the mis-definition of a simple word that describes my world view that I'm in search of another word that means exactly the same thing, but has not yet been twisted.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
06/30/13 6:41 am

I get tired of being told Catholic priests spend their free time burning scientists at the stake, when they aren't too busy molesting children.

Keldeo Laverre City
06/30/13 6:11 am

I don't know what they would be wrong about...they correctly portray the kind of people that listen to it.

DavesNotHere where am I
06/30/13 5:39 am

People love to run with stereotypes.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
06/30/13 5:15 am

Old and wildly inaccurate beliefs about Mormonism persist. Cracks me up when someone tries to tell me what I "really believe."

DavesNotHere where am I
06/30/13 5:38 am

Well said. I'm not Mormon, but I've heard very disturbing crap that's not true.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
06/30/13 10:54 am

"Mormonism" is a good one for this poll. I was focusing specifically on doctrinal differences, and I think the better part of the media doesn't have a clue what the LDS church actually teaches, much less the variables that not all Mormons agree on.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
06/30/13 11:51 am

Yeah. No kidding!! Excuse me? How is it that I don't know what I actually believe after 42 years of practicing my faith on a daily basis?

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
06/30/13 3:21 pm

Jms. I know you Mormons read the Bible, but the Jesus you believe in is a different one than the one that's in the Bible. :-)

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
06/30/13 3:25 pm

⬆⬆⬆⬆This is an example of what we hear, and a tame one too.