palindrome June 30th, 2013 7:08am

Uprisings occur throughout the country clamoring against the govt and what they see as a corrupt system. The govt. responds with massive crackdowns aimed at controlling the up-risers with sometimes violent LE and anti-protesting laws. Pick a side

comppete Las Vegas
06/30/13 10:15 pm

As soon as I read uprisings, I wanted to chose Government. But, gave you the benefit of the doubt and chose up-risers. My mistake, I should always trust my gut. If you would have said protesters it would have been a no brainer.

palindrome California
06/30/13 3:52 pm

I have something to admit to everyone....
This was kind of a trick question. I wanted to see how many people would support the Occupy-type protests if the protests were stripped of their labels. The results were definitely very eye-opening!

suppressedID Honor RBGs Wish
06/30/13 2:21 pm

All I know is that I finally get to try out looting!

DrReid Ever present.
06/30/13 12:23 pm

Only if the up risers are peaceful, and the government is cracking down on them an totalitarian manner.

pris Ames, IA
06/30/13 10:55 am

Up risers if they are peaceful and don't disrupt others life. Government otherwise.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/30/13 8:16 am

I picked the up-risers as long as it's just speech, non-violent, and doesn't otherwise break any laws, blocking traffic for example. If the protesters become violent, or do vandalism or criminal trespass, etc, my sentiment shifts to the government.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/30/13 8:18 am

I just saw the additional information about the "protesters" becoming violent and destroying my property, changing their status from "protester" to common criminal. Bring in the nukes.

palindrome California
06/30/13 8:47 am

But most are attempting to stay civil in this made-up scenario

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/30/13 8:52 am

The ones who are successfully staying civil and non-destructive may continue. The ones throwing bricks, breaking windows, rolling cars, etc, will feel the full force of the law backed by a society (mine) that refuses to tolerate that nonsense.

yepnope Maryland
06/30/13 8:09 am

Had to go with uprisers... For some reason it reminded me of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

JennaF sunflower state of mind
06/30/13 7:10 am

I chose up risers, but only if they are nonviolent.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
06/30/13 12:41 am

It's hard without knowing the details, but I ultimately went with the government. I guess I've heard too many people whining about the government for no good reason that it's put a sour taste in my mouth for revolutionaries.

palindrome California
06/30/13 12:10 am

More details: Yes, the up-risers are destroying or defacing public property. Some are violent but most are attempting to stay civil as they air their feelings against the government and system as a whole. And yes, the govt has responded with a heavy

palindrome California
06/30/13 12:11 am

hand but they've also warned the up-risers to disperse and go back home.

palindrome California
06/30/13 12:20 am

Installations have been set ablaze, buildings have been taken but the up-risers are claiming the govt has become ineffective and broken and is no longer paying attention to the people.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
06/30/13 12:52 am

Regardless of the side you choose, this is clearly the time to repeat every iconic action movie line you have ever heard...