jakob1005 August 13th, 2016 11:32pm

Do think it is wrong of SOF to make a poll and then disable the comments?

deist
08/13/16 5:32 pm

Doesn't bother me at all..

susanr Colorado
08/13/16 5:42 pm

The poll "Do you think Islamic religious teachings encourage violence among its believers?"

susanr Colorado
08/13/16 5:52 pm

I've asked on the beta testers' G+ page, and it's being looked into but I haven't had an answer back yet. I replied to a comment Caleb posted in another SOH poll, and tagged both Tony and jaysin. Nothing there, yet.

I don't know if it was (a) deliberate (as in: let's post a poll about a controversial topic and not allow anyone to post comments, maybe as a one-time thing or maybe as a new policy); (b) a cleanup after some really awful comments (it's happened *rarely* but only after comments had gone on in an ugly fashion for some time, & then Tony posted something like "I'm closing this" and then I think he closed the poll entirely, but this seemed to happen immediately, or almost), or (c) an accidental or glitch.

I REALLY wish users wouldn't just start accusing SOH of censoring (or the more specific accusations that I've seen) without actually knowing what's going on.

susanr Colorado
08/13/16 5:54 pm

If it was deliberate censoring (which seems to be what users are accusing SOH of doing) it seems pretty senseless. First, they've asked that exact question before. Second, there are *many* contentious questions, why censor this one? Third, what's the point, unless they censor *user* polls about the same thing?

Whatever it is, I wish SOH would post something about it. If it's deliberate and some new policy about this single poll, or some polls in general, tell us. If there was some awful mess that had to be extracted and it was decided to close the poll, tell us. If it was a mistake or glitch, tell us.

I've asked them to do just that. But I have no idea what will happen.

susanr Colorado
08/13/16 9:35 pm

Tony posted a response in VeganCrusader's poll "SOH has disabled comments..."

susanr Colorado
08/13/16 9:47 pm

Comments are enabled on the poll now.

XercesBlue ...
08/13/16 4:46 pm

Isn't the whole point of SOH to encourage debate and share opinions? Personally.. I don't care if they block the ability or not.

LockHerUp Anti SJW
08/13/16 5:06 pm

If they are willing to censor the comments, who's to say they aren't manipulating the polling data?

GingerFascist Ireland
08/13/16 4:38 pm

It is weird which is why I reposted it on my page. *shameless self advertising*

infinity1 Cincinnati, OH
08/13/16 4:35 pm

This is the first time since I started using this app that I can recall ever seeing comments being disabled. It's bs.