Annabelle41 Michigan
08/18/16 10:26 pm

Been with my husband for 30 years and love every moment of it and cannot imagine anyone else.

cyanospool The Deep North
08/15/16 12:19 pm

For a long time I was not a huge fan of monogamy and the idea of constantly being romantically involved with someone new was exciting. It definitely negatively affected my past relationships, even the one that was open. However, ever since I met my current SO, I don't feel that anymore. We've been together a year, so the honeymoon phase has worn off for sure, but I still don't even feel like looking at other people with lust. I realize this is not everyone's experience, but for me personally, I think monogamy is something you really only appreciate once you find the right person. I know I have and I'll be honest, he's so ridiculously attractive, I don't even mind if he's the only person I bang for the rest of my life, haha.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
08/15/16 10:07 am

There are consequences with polygamy. Abraham, had two women, Sarah, who had a son Isaac, the Jews ancestor. Hagar, who had Ishmael, the Arabs ancestor. They both have fought & hated each other from the their beginnings. (See Genesis in the Bible, for additional details.)

Congressman Louisiana
08/15/16 12:10 pm

Why would a work of fiction dictate someone's sex life?

GloViveiros2015
08/22/16 12:06 am

Don't you mean, Non-fiction .... Unless you feel that the Bible isn't real

Congressman Louisiana
08/22/16 10:44 am

Of course it isn't real. It's fairytales.

ganache
08/14/16 8:38 pm

I wish it existed. I know it is hard to find everything you want in one single being. As a married woman, I had to suffer many health issues, until I discovered he went around, A LOT. of course, it's macho if "you don't use condoms". So I lived with different infections all the time. Now, that I'm single, it feels nice to be std free. The only way to keep it that way, it's not to date. Ugh!

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
08/22/16 11:28 am

One Godless & One Clueless πŸ˜‚

awesomefire5 Florida
08/13/16 7:21 pm

I met a polygamous witch about a week ago at comic con speed dating.

wolfsong Full time animal lover
08/14/16 7:33 pm

Were you by any chance at the Tampa con?

phalnx Ohio
08/15/16 1:21 pm

Wiccan stuff...it's a thing. He's not talking about Hillary...I hope.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/13/16 6:48 pm

Not a fan, but not really opposed to it either. I'm definitely not a fan of any societal pressure either way. It seems like a personal choice that is fine for some and not so fine for others, and should remain a strictly personal choice. Monogamy does seem a little unnatural for our species though, and the social, religious, and legal pressure to embrace it wouldn't probably be necessary if it were how we were wired.

cyanospool The Deep North
08/15/16 12:08 pm

Well our species is kind of weird. We've adapted to be able use either polygamous or mate-for-life reproductive strategy depending on the environment. Now that we have virtually no pressing survival pressures, most people just make the choice out of personal preference. But ultimately both are "natural" for humans.

TheQuestioner Question Everything.
08/13/16 5:27 pm

I would think monogamy evolved in humans for good reason. It is rather difficult to raise children if relationships exist in a network rather than distinct entities. If each father had multiple children across multiple mothers and each mother had multiple children across multiple fathers I don't see how they could optimally raise offspring - especially considering that human offspring take 16-18 years to mature. In other species, polygamy is much more successful due to the fact that offspring develop quickly. Parenting in many other species isn't as fundamental as it is in humans. With humans, a stable family greatly helps slow-maturing offspring. That being said, I don't see much reason to oppose relations outside a marriage if the relation does not result in offspring or affect the stability of the relationship. This is rather hard to accomplish, however, as humans tend to get jealous. In sum, if you can make it work and be there for your kids, do whatever the hell you want.

AnarchoComrade Anarchist Federation
08/13/16 2:18 pm

To each their own I guess. Personally I hate the idea of polyamory for myself. I just don't see it. I don't really experience any sexual attraction outside of emotional attachment, so that's probably why.

PrinceOberyn ANCIENT CITY STYLE
08/13/16 1:26 pm

How...boring. I want to share and be shared.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/13/16 1:16 pm

Neither. I don't really care.

materman New Hampshire Libertarian
08/13/16 12:38 pm

This is why Mormon should be a statistic in results

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
08/13/16 12:31 pm

I thought the question was, do you prefer Mahogany, so I side no, I like Oak betterπŸ˜‚ I do like monogamy though, married to same gal for 53yrs πŸ’•, loved everyone of them !

cynthisa Heartland U.S.A.
08/14/16 7:56 am

Maple for me! πŸ˜„

spitfire1
08/15/16 9:27 am

Nah it's walnut for me. The only wood you should make a gunstock out of

BlueLine Georgia
08/13/16 12:01 pm

I try and live my life the way God intended. So I've been dating the same woman for 5 years and when we get married she will be the only person I will be with for the rest of my life. Thats just what marriage means to me though. Giving yourself to someone else forever.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
08/13/16 10:53 am

I think of lot of relationships would benefit if both people acknowledged that sometimes you need something different.

MurrayHitchens The Truth Wins Out
08/13/16 10:41 am

Sharing is caring lol. I think polyamory would be good fit for me but I haven't met anyone like minded yet.

EveRose Certified Trans Gendercapitalist
08/13/16 10:00 am

Polyamory is more fun for me.

MrsCrayonWax
08/13/16 9:35 am

I like it.

JulieB The Lake House
08/13/16 9:35 am

Our society is getting further away from the structured family, and more into the if it feels good do it, all that matters is me, me, me, I, I, I.

The negative effects are apparent in so many ways, like the number of single mothers, the increase in welfare and food stamps, lack of a strong male influence and sons getting into trouble and continuing the cycle.

curly
08/13/16 9:42 am

Agreed.

mikeyDe Marine Corps
08/13/16 10:39 am

Put on a condom. Boom! All crisis averted. All those points had to do with making baby's. Don't make them and you got no worries. πŸ˜„πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

mikeyDe Marine Corps
08/13/16 10:41 am

Ok ok 99% of crisis averted via condoms plus the number of accidents aborted.

Rationalis Classical Liberal
08/13/16 9:13 am

Fan. Shouldn't outlaw polygamy though.

mikeyDe Marine Corps
08/13/16 9:13 am

To each there own, whatever works for you but for me I find its for the birds. Of corse I'm not married I imagine that would change the game. I just can't picture it, going to have sex and every single time just thinking "oh look, the same girl with the same body and the same moves.... Again." Yikes. Variety is the spice of life. Sex is like deciding on food. Do I want Latin? Italian? Asian? I find it makes life more enjoyable to just go with the flow. Also answering to somebody else is super lame and everything else drama that comes with serious relationships. Just have fun, you only get one life to enjoy. All that being said I would not get caught dead without condoms. I'm a huuuge fan of rubbers.

willsamuel Alaska
08/13/16 10:46 am

Wow you really are a loser and you've obviously never been in love

MrsCrayonWax
08/13/16 10:51 am

Why is he a loser because he doesn't have the same opinion as you? Just curious.

TropicalHooch
08/13/16 10:56 am

It's this mindset that is the problem. Sex is not comparable to choosing a different meal, or spicing up life with a little variety of different partners. Because we as a society have objectified women we now see sex as something to fulfill our desires and fantasies.

Sex is meant to bring you closer to your spouse than anyone else. It's meant to be a giving experience, not something you take.

MrsCrayonWax
08/13/16 10:58 am

To each his own though, right? I'm 110% pro monogamy but find nothing wrong with how mike wants to live his life.

mikeyDe Marine Corps
08/13/16 11:01 am

Maybe but not more then they objectify me. It takes 2 consenting adults to tango and we are on the same page as far as results. It's just casual fun sex. Maybe if I was looking for love it would be different but I have no interest in such a thing at this point in my life and I find girls with the same mind set. Nobody is taking advantage of anybody else and everybody gets what they want. It's just sex. Simplistic, fun, exciting, climactic sex. No need to bring any emotion other then lust into it.

mikeyDe Marine Corps
08/13/16 11:07 am

Also i agree sex dose bring one closer to ones spouse but I don't have a spouse so there is no reason for sex to bring me closer to my... Not spouse. I suppose it's difficult for somebody who cannot picture just having sex for the sake of sex to see. Many of my friends are built like you. They like the connection vibe and feeling for the person they have sex with. I just avoid all that and find somebody who wants sex for just sex so we are on the same page and everybody leave satisfied. You dig the emotional connection sex that's kool. It's just not my bag.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
08/13/16 8:45 am

Not a fan for me personally. Though most still favor it, I believe that's a result of societal conditioning, not because it's natural for humans. That said, I think we should promote a culture where people feel free to form whatever relationship structures they feel suit them best, rather than pressuring people to conform to single, specific type of relationship structure that may not work for everyone.

akrealist a log cabin in the woods
08/13/16 8:42 am

To each his own. I didn't expect to want to be married...I don't think my husband did either, but 28 years ago after finding each other, monogamy with each other was what we both wanted.

I have no issue with those who don't want to be monogamous...unless...they vowed to be monogamous to someone, and are less monogamous "on the side" than they promised. Just be straight up from the get go...or at least do the heart-breaking before you play the field.

cynthisa Heartland U.S.A.
08/14/16 7:59 am

Perfect answer!!! Bravo

nekmor Round Rock TX
08/13/16 8:21 am

I'm a fan personally. I don't think it should be mandated by law. I don't think it's the governments business.

curly
08/13/16 9:40 am

Is it mandated by law?

phalnx Ohio
08/15/16 1:20 pm

Not yet. Get enough of a Republican majority in Congress, and that may change :p.

orgblu10 Shamerica
08/13/16 8:05 am

I'm a fan when it's working. When it's not, it's a mess.

Lordsage The Original Sagin
08/13/16 7:56 am

More variety the better....

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/13/16 7:34 am

Absolutely a fan! 😊

Crawdaddy11 LEGEND of FIRSTS
08/13/16 7:02 am

Fan by way of legal requirement.

OldPoop
08/13/16 6:45 pm

Being legally married does not prevent polygamy; only punishes it "after the fact" if the parties involved are so inclined....

EarlyBird Portland
08/13/16 7:02 am

Interesting. I was expecting a wider gender gap.

CLT704
08/13/16 6:48 am

I don't necessarily think that humans are monogamous by nature. Plenty of biological and historical evidence shows otherwise. Now I have chosen monogamy for most of my life to conform to the social standard but I definitely don't think it's for everyone.

allowishish
08/13/16 6:46 am

I love my wife.

TheSocialist INTJ
08/13/16 6:37 am

Whatever people feel like doing. As long as they don't overpopulate the world.

gonzoboy Arizona
08/13/16 6:24 am

I'm in an exclusive, monogamous relationship with all my girlfriends.

(Folks, please, don't believe it for a minute. I can't imagine the stress. It's tricky enough trying to maintain a good, healthy relationship with my own self! The idea that only one person would want to be subjected to my brand of insanity for any length of time, exclusively, well, they'd have to be a li'l crazy too!
...actually, that sounds kinda fun!)

orgblu10 Shamerica
08/13/16 8:04 am

LOL...like it would be difficult to find a woman who's "a lil' crazy!"

phalnx Ohio
08/13/16 1:42 pm

It's harder to find a woman who's ONLY a little crazy ;).

political Georgia
08/13/16 6:18 am

That's the way it should be.

phalnx Ohio
08/13/16 6:04 am

I love my wife...but if she ever wants to make it an 'open' marriage, I wouldn't object :D.

Tpallidum Los Angeles, CA
08/13/16 5:54 am

It's alright πŸ˜•

Arya8
08/13/16 5:37 am

I have no problem being monogamous. If it's that hard for someone, they're probably not in the right relationship.

saxmann41 Arkansas
08/13/16 5:18 am

Though it is debated whether humans are naturally a monogamous species vs recently monogamous because of religious social structure. I prefer monogamy, I get jealous with those I am in a relationship with.