GingerFascist August 13th, 2016 12:09am

"Men [and women] must be governed!" Agree or Disagree? And why?

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/12/16 9:49 pm

Absolutely strongly disagree. We can reach our fullest potential when we are free.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/13/16 12:38 am

Hierarchy inherently subjugates. Subjugation takes away freedom from the subjugated. Subjugation puts people into a position where they must be in fear of the subjugator. When you live in fear, it seems to me that you cannot have as fulfilling a life as otherwise. Of course life is what you make of it, but creative impulses in society will flourish most where freedom is most, where fear is least.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/13/16 12:40 am

Why must it always be through fear? Why not through a necessity?

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/13/16 2:45 am

There are only two reasons I do what the government says
1. What it says lines up with my moral conscience
2. Fear/intimidation

I can't imagine what you mean by necessity.

GingerFascist Ireland
08/13/16 2:56 am

Because government is a natural necessity. Hierarchy is natural in all creators, and government is simply that. A hierarchy. It is a system to maintain, stabilize and improve the people living under it...well hopefully.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/13/16 2:59 am

The issue is that it is an unecessary hierarchy. Is you're argument that a state is necessary, or that a state is desirable?

GingerFascist Ireland
08/13/16 3:04 am

Necessary. Humans require government or we are anarchistic savages not unlike a juvenile teen. This necessity for government is within us as it is in all creators. When we are born we look to our family, after we leave our family we look to the state(government). Same thing is animals, animals are born, follow their family, and as they develop they follow the leader of the animal pact, clan, herd, school ect.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
08/13/16 4:11 am

It doesn't have to be that way. Many of our ancestral hunter-gatherer tribes didn't have hierarchy. One of the ways they maintained egalitarianism is by ridiculing those who tried to be prideful into humility.

dfish at home
08/12/16 8:11 pm

Because if not it becomes mob rule which is far worse than what we have

dominiclandry
08/12/16 7:43 pm

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil"

dylan1776
08/12/16 5:53 pm

Government keeps us alive from outside forces along with ourselves but we can only deal with so much we can't take on an entire army by ourselves so we need govt too protect us

GingerFascist Ireland
08/12/16 6:00 pm

Wow, Um I took you for an Anarcho-Capitalist by your compass. I agree with everything you said, so yes.

dylan1776
08/12/16 6:03 pm

I'm a minarchist I do believe in Enviromental regulations as the environment can harm everyone also I do believe in taxation aslong as it goes towards the common good as in things like roads, schools, military forces but disagree when it only benefits a small group or subsection of people such as funding planned parenthood or death penalty as these things don't benefit most or all of us

GingerFascist Ireland
08/12/16 6:05 pm

Fair enough. How exactly does the environment harm everyone? I like my walks in the forest, wheat fields or my local park. Or do you mean a different type of environment...?

dylan1776
08/12/16 6:09 pm

I mean global warming and water runoff m bad should've been clear I believe that global warming melting the ice bergs harms everyone in the long run with rising sea levels in a couple hundred years some cities will be underwater. Also runoff harms us all as it kills the ecosystem which can cause many animals too go extinct which can harm our fisherman and other people who use public waters by causing them too get sick from over polluted waters. And lastly this can put many people who use the waters as there livelyhood out of bussiness

GingerFascist Ireland
08/12/16 6:16 pm

Ah okay. So, all going back to Minarchism, the gov should only did the minimum to insure our safety and security. What is too much government then? In your opinion.

dylan1776
08/12/16 6:23 pm

Too much government is the welfare state which should be abolished bar for the mentally ill and also the government we have tries too regulate harmless behaviors like prostitution and too an extent drugs which all should be legal but some under the advisory of a doctors also euthanasia should be legal if you are above the age of consent my only belief is that they get an explanation and are read some sorte of warning before they go through with this lastly the mass overspending we do on the military we need too cut the military budget in half we outspend the next 13 countries on the military we clearly have no country on this earth that threatens us and our livelyhood.