WhyBotherVoting August 12th, 2016 9:56pm

You cannot pray for a student in public school but you can teach them that's it's ok to change from a boy to a girl and teach them how to have safe anal sex.

crazyjane New Jersey
08/14/16 11:06 pm

You can pray in your head. And im for safe sex education

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/12/16 10:51 pm

I know what you mean, but the statement is false. I can sit at my desk and pray for every single student in each class and no one will know unless I tell them. I don't have to lay on hands and call down the power of the Holy Ghost on each student in a loud voice to pray effectively for them, you know...😃 ✟🙏

susanr Colorado
08/12/16 3:44 pm

Ridiculously false.

jg324 mobile al
08/12/16 4:14 pm

In what way

susanr Colorado
08/12/16 4:16 pm

To start with, you can pray for anyone you want.

taumpy Massachusetts
08/12/16 3:03 pm

You as an individual can pray. You cannot lead a prayer or force anyone to pray with you. If you are in a position of leadership, you can't give the appearance of preferential treatment to students of a particular religion. I'm not sure what's so terrible about that. Why do religionists feel so threatened by the idea they have to acknowledge other people's beliefs.

I'm also not sure what's so terrible about teaching teenagers about safe sex. They'll do it anyway. They always have, even when polite society pretended they didn't. Besides, teaching safe sex is the same for anal or vaginal intercourse: wear a condom. Pretty simple stuff.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
08/12/16 4:10 pm

In my school you will get suspended for practicing any religion.

taumpy Massachusetts
08/12/16 5:38 pm

That's unfortunate and I can't agree with your school. Individual students should be free to pray on their own time even at school. (I.e. Not during class).

Full disclosure: I say this as an atheist.

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
08/12/16 9:24 pm

E7024... I extremely doubt that. The school would have to be extremely dumb to do that. That's just asking for a lawsuit.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
08/12/16 9:41 pm

Actually I take it back. As long as you are mormon you can.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
08/12/16 10:32 pm

Public and I was joking a little bit. In my school they don't talk much about religion at all. No one usually practices their religion publicly.

susanr Colorado
08/12/16 11:14 pm

You can pray silently and no one will know.

I'm an atheist, but I would support personal prayer in public schools - as long as it doesn't interrupt instruction or group activities.

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
08/12/16 2:59 pm

You can pray all you want. But you can't force others to

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
08/12/16 2:59 pm

So, completely false and I think you knew that.

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
08/12/16 2:58 pm

It's ridiculous but sadly true. How far we have fallen. :(

abusara i drink and i know things
08/12/16 4:23 pm

Yep, I was arrested just the other day for praying for a student in public school. I was tried, convicted and publicly executed this morning at dawn. Surely you saw the video, it was all over social media 🙄

Linc100 Michigan
08/12/16 4:37 pm

It is kind of bullshit but religion should be kept private and always private. You should have not been arrested or convicted.