TopsQueen August 12th, 2016 5:09am

How has your week gone? It was a very sad beginning when a friend lost her great-grandchild. But I'm very excited for this weekend. Show Of Hands get together in Portland Oregon! How has your week gone?

Lalalala2 Talk less, Smile more
08/14/16 8:47 am

It was my birthday but i got sick with coxsackie 😥

jmw7477 Indiana
08/13/16 1:43 am

We did a very big stock up trip to Sam's Club. (We have the space for it in the new house.) We found two chairs and a desk/vanity at a second hand store for a good price. We took an electric fireplace my husband found at a yard sale and gave it a facelift -- fixed it, stained it, and put rock spray paint on the top and bottom. We mixed some paint the former owners left behind into a color I like and used it to paint a cabinet we've had for years that's been slightly abused. It's going to be the new color of the dining room and hall. We picked out ceiling fans. Hubby's buddy is helping him install those tonight.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/13/16 1:10 pm

Topsqueen on Instagram

jmw7477 Indiana
08/13/16 2:14 pm

K. I'll have to set up an Instagram account. I'll probably be able to do it on Monday.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
08/12/16 7:57 pm

It's just been a long week. I'm glad it's over.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/12/16 8:21 pm

Hope next week is better.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
08/12/16 8:58 pm

Thanks! Me too!

cpaswr just say the letters
08/12/16 7:20 pm

It has been another good week. My wife changed her hair this week. She had longer hair and she just cut it short. Alex is loving going to the pool to swim. He will be taking swimming lessons later this month.

meb1 somewhere in MN
08/12/16 7:53 am

Good week! Second week on Weight Watchers, lost 5 lb so far, and active every day. Feeling good.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/12/16 6:20 am

Have fun this weekend!

I'm loving my job! I found an amazing apartment last weekend & I hope to get it & move in Labor Day weekend. Please pray about this & that it will work well with my budget.

Also...Just before I left yesterday my boss's boss, Jen, sent me a meeting request for first thing this morning...it's apparently a one on one with her & without my direct boss. I don't think it's anything bad & if so, I can't imagine what it is, but I am still a bit anxious about it. She was working from home yesterday, so I didn't even see her... I think that's why I am apprehensive...That & I haven't even been there a month yet!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/12/16 8:03 am

Pray let me know what happens text me!

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/12/16 8:51 am

So, she REALLY wants to help me move up & sees opportunity especially around the first of the year. Between now & then, she wants to meet with me monthly & we are also going to work on some side projects that she wants done & there is no one else that she thinks can do it! It was very encouraging! 😃

KatG Liberal in Ohio
08/12/16 7:57 pm

Oh Bama! I'm so happy that things are finally coming together for you! How exciting!!!!

sydwel
08/12/16 5:25 am

It's been rough and depressive, but I'll survive. I'm also preparing to head back to St. Louis very soon.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/12/16 8:04 am

I'm so very sorry to hear that. I hope things go well for you

sydwel
08/12/16 8:39 am

Thanks for the support!

5knuckledpika California
08/12/16 1:38 am

Its been a great week, I just got my money for school, and Monday I start ^_^

kawaiichan somewhere
08/11/16 10:55 pm

It's been a awesome week, I've started back at my job for my college. Next week the students will arrive, so I'll be busy. I'm really excited for next week I'll be starting my second semester, and soon I'll be getting a new apartment.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/12/16 8:05 am

That's very exciting. My husbands mentoring person that's going to be placed him in school. And I'm going to volunteer with the homeless teenagers.

kawaiichan somewhere
08/12/16 8:07 am

That's very awesome, I hope both if you have a good time 😌😌😌😌

kawaiichan somewhere
08/12/16 9:49 am

I hope you both have a good time* sorry for the error, I'm still not awake lol.

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/11/16 10:48 pm

I'm so excited for everyone meeting in Portland. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

This week we've gotten giving the fluids to our cat Rick back under control. The answer wasn't what I expected. He calms down if I hug him close to me and aim his head towards the door to the room so he can see everything that's going on. It's been much been less stressful for all of us this week.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/12/16 8:05 am

That's wonderful to hear.

missmorganmarie ...
08/12/16 4:52 pm

hope he continues to improve!!!

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/12/16 6:31 pm

Thanks! I'm really happy right now. He fell asleep on my feet tonight and he started snoring away like a little buzz saw! I haven't heard him snore since the problem with the kidneys started. It makes me think he's feeling good again. He's snored ever since the first day he came home with us and it's been strange not hearing it.

Thanks for all your support!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/12/16 7:54 pm

I met my granddaughter's new cat "Philip" today.

missmorganmarie ...
08/13/16 1:38 am

awww isn't it the best when our furbabies snuggle up??? I think that's his way of thanking you and letting you know that he is getting back to his old self 💜💜 continued prayers for his recovery!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/11/16 10:44 pm

Nothing special. Dog days time, I'm waiting for fall.
Just one funny thing. On a walk, I passed a Smart car with a Clinton sticker parked next to a huge monster truck with a Trump sticker, should probably have taken a picture.

imanag My heaven on Earth
08/12/16 5:05 pm

That would've made the best Trump/Clinton poll ever!

imanag My heaven on Earth
08/11/16 10:34 pm

My little fella started preschool this week. His brothers were so happy about that, but more importantly he was happy. Statgat and I enjoyed a nice date tonight and even ran into my brother and his wife. That was a fun surprise. 😊

MyRedSkirt Cali
08/11/16 10:20 pm

Busy. Busy. Busy. Three of my kids started school today. Lots of shopping & preparation. Plus I started a part time job last week so I'm gone some evenings. Lastly, tomorrow I'm dropping a cake off for a funeral. My friend's mom passed Monday (her dad passed the week prior). Looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/11/16 10:21 pm

Give your friend my sympathy what a lot to go through. Enjoy your Saturday.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/11/16 10:10 pm

My finger is healing. And I'm going to see my grandkids. Not to mention getting to meet a whole bunch of people from Show Of Hands. How exciting!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/12/16 8:02 am

So very disappointed you're not. Or next year or if you guys get one going in the California bay area or Sacramento