dale41 June 29th, 2013 11:28pm

So I heard on the radio that in 2012 a male trainer at a gym was not allowed to go into the female's locker room. It ended up that due to this rule he did not go into the locker room and a female member of the gym ended up dying. Was he right?

Keldeo Laverre City
06/29/13 6:22 pm

Of course not! Exceptions like these should be made clear in the rules.

dale41 Lets play two
06/29/13 6:51 pm

Yeah this gym needs to change their policy. The guy should have gone in as well. I would have if I was in his shoes.

dale41 Lets play two
06/29/13 4:32 pm

Sorry ran out of room in the question, but other female members came out of the locker room and said to go in and give CPR and call the police.

Emily33 North Carolina
06/29/13 4:36 pm

That's absolutely ridiculous then to not let him in

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:31 pm

There's a way for a male employee to enter a women's locker room without any embarrassment to anyone, just as there's a way for a janitor of one sex to clean the restroom of the other. I know, because I was in the locker room of my YWCA when a rat...

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:32 pm

..came up through the drain pipe in a shower. Ordinarily William would never have entered the locker room, but when he was alerted to the problem he just stuck his head in the door & asked everyone to move to where he wouldn't see them. No problem.

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:34 pm

If there was such a strict rule at this place that the guy was made to feel he couldn't break it, the place is at fault. I can't imagine NOT breaking the rule if the situation were reversed & I were the employee.

dale41 Lets play two
06/29/13 4:38 pm

I agree with you Susan. This was a time where it's okay to break the rules.

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:43 pm

Exactly. I think it would be unconscionable not to.

Emily33 North Carolina
06/29/13 4:31 pm

I'm assuming that he was aware she was in trouble? If that's the case than its absolutely stupid not to let him in.

Kay41 the Midwest
06/29/13 4:30 pm

Did he know the woman was in distress?