Praetorianus August 11th, 2016 4:20am

Do you make ample use of condiments and spices when eating out? Salt, pepper, ketchup, mayo, mustard etc - whatever is in that tray on the table.

gamelvr1155
08/12/16 7:22 am

Only add ketchup or mustard.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/11/16 11:27 pm

I use lots of salt, occasional tiny amounts of black pepper, and nothing else (except sweeteners).

truspec Texas
08/11/16 10:33 pm

The only thing I use on a regular basis is ketchup. If I need salt/pepper, it probably isn't good to begin with

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/11/16 3:15 pm

If there's Cholula sauce, I'm using it.

GMBelial Spiritist Conservative
08/11/16 1:32 pm

Raised on Tex-Mex so I love to spice things up. Lived in Texas so I can take the heat. Salsa is good in a lot of dishes.

Love A-1 but If a steak doesn't need it. It is a d*** good steak. Usually it is a Brazillian Rodizio like Fogo do Chao.

Injectable Trump Killed Babbitt
08/11/16 7:16 am

Not usually. It's a sign that I dislike the place I'm eating and probably won't return. There are exceptions like potatoes, noodles, sausage/hot dogs, toast, where condiments are a part of the experience, but if I have to put A-1/salt/pepper on my steak, it's a shit steak.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
08/11/16 5:36 am

I don't like to touch the things on the table.

rons WOKE is sick
08/11/16 5:19 am

A good chef or cook knows how much salt to add so no adding salt. Catsup or mustard may get added or hot sauce.

sgkitty new york
08/11/16 3:41 am

Just mustard and salt...but said yes since I do use them.

PrinceOberyn ANCIENT CITY STYLE
08/10/16 9:54 pm

God yes. My favorite recipe, that I save for special occasions (and so that I don't get sick of it), is scrambled eggs cooked with habanero peppers, onions, jalapenos, and ghost peppers (the combination of which varies on what's available) and chorizo. Its seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper, some cayenne, sage and rosemary.

So. fucking. good.

susanr Colorado
08/10/16 9:33 pm

Eh. Depends on what it is. These days my breakfasts out consist of fried eggs, sausage, and a small salad, which of course comes with its own dressing. I don't put anything on the eggs or sausage. If I'm out for lunch or dinner, I'm pretty much stuck with a large salad with a hunk of meat, and again the dressing is sufficient.

At home I put a lot of crap on my eggs, but I just don't have access to granulated roasted garlic, Berbere Ethiopian spices, and smoked Spanish paprika at most restaurants.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/10/16 9:38 pm

Your breath must smell really interesting after that 😏

susanr Colorado
08/10/16 9:42 pm

No doubt. I am careful not to use the spices on days when I'm going to the dentist, so I don't overwhelm the hygienist or dentist. Anyone else just has to take their chances. I probably smell like a cross between an old Italian and an African most days.

RJ1969 SoCal
08/10/16 9:48 pm

😧

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/10/16 9:22 pm

Definitely, of course mainly in places like Denny's or ihop. Load it up.
If it's a meal like pasta Alfredo, it still wants some more salt.