DrReid June 29th, 2013 11:05pm

Have you noticed anything strange, or had any problems since you have updated SoH? (If so, please list them in the comments.)

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
06/29/13 10:33 pm

I've had far more trouble with the Facebook update

Wert A picture of my package
06/29/13 7:46 pm

I seem to be answering the same polls repeatedly. I answer some. Come back later and end up answering them again. Not every poll, it seems. I'll watch it closer.

GetEduc8d learning more everyday
06/29/13 6:34 pm

Yesterday there was a weird thing were I'd enter a comment & it would appear to post on the previous thread that I had been reading. It happened a few times but I haven't seen it today so far. I think Tony's on top of it.

Rob Be Safe Be Smart
06/29/13 6:09 pm

I've noticed that pretzels are making me consistently thirstier since the launch of 2.1

Rob Be Safe Be Smart
06/29/13 6:12 pm

..also I haven't noticed anything that someone hasn't already pointed out. I'm thrilled Libertarians are accounted for now.

veritas1 Panda
06/29/13 5:15 pm

Has anyone else been unable to change their location tag line?

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 5:18 pm

I think I just changed mine. What do you see? It was Pie in the Sky previously.

veritas1 Panda
06/29/13 5:20 pm

I'll change it and but it'll stay the same. I guess the angry ghost of JFK is just haunting me.

veritas1 Panda
06/29/13 5:21 pm

"and but"
-veritas…

Ya…that…that was a…glitch. Come on Tony, step it up.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 5:45 pm

It changes for me on the iPad as soon as I refresh it (with the circle-arrow) or on the web as soon as I refresh the page (with the circle-arrow on iOS-Safari).

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:58 pm

Oh wait, now the, "you don't have any currently open polls" text is blocking the question boxes...

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 5:01 pm

I've seen that often, related to what I mentioned about it not liking my iThing taking naps. If the force-refresh (circle arrow) doesn't clear it, close the app and reopen it and you'll be fine again.

rlands
06/29/13 5:06 pm

Similar to when you watch a video in the blog and hen return to polls or when you take a call while on SoH. Should clear up after reopening, like Zod said.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 5:09 pm

That fixed it, thanks!

fredd TrumpLand
06/29/13 4:26 pm

Lots of little things, plus it's crashing a lot when I hit discuss on the poll. It did that on 2.0 but seems a little worse now.

fredd TrumpLand
06/29/13 4:27 pm

Ok they're in order this time, sure they weren't before.

Tony ✋🏻SOH Founder
06/29/13 4:17 pm

- comments and polls occasionally out of order
- slow result pages, with map not always tappable (and never from gradient)
- crash when tapping bottom of poll list
- some followers duplicated
- iPad profile stats incorrect

Tony ✋🏻SOH Founder
06/29/13 4:18 pm

And apparently, return characters not being preserved on web-authored comments. :-\

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:20 pm

Yeah, I noticed some of that, as well as an increase in crashing. Also, my posts appear as grey with black text, and it appears that I cannot change my name back to its capital lettered form.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 4:22 pm

Tony since your here, DrReid is getting that issue with the background color of his comments not going dark, leaving him with the white text on a light background I had in beta testing.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 4:23 pm

Or maybe I misunderstood that problem... Nevermind.

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:24 pm

I haven't heard any other reports of the text color issue.

It's interesting that some people are finding it much less crashy (EarlyBird, but lots of others), & numerous others say it's more crashy, & lags (at times when it doesn't for me).

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:25 pm

I thought it sounded like what happened to you, too, Zod.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:30 pm

My problem is similar, but what is happening is that my own posts appear as if they were written by someone else.

Blue Name, and black text.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 4:34 pm

DrReid that sounds more like maybe changing the name made it think they were posted by a different user. I'd probably try to change my name to something lower case and random to see if that fixed it, then back to drreid to see if it stayed fixed.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:37 pm

Looks like you are correct Zod...

Seems like it only happens if I try to change my name back to DrReid.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:39 pm

Wait, now my iPad is fine, but the problem appears on my phone...

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 4:42 pm

So you're back to drreid and it's working properly now? Because the lower case thing is a known bug that Tony (or tony these days) is aware of and working on. I tried changing mine back to Zod yesterday and it got a little ornery with me too.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:44 pm

Yes, I changed back to drreid on both devices and it is working fine.

Tony ✋🏻SOH Founder
06/29/13 4:46 pm

Still not sure what's causing the lower case stuff, but I'm working on fixing up the result page speed and stability first.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 4:47 pm

Super! I know the lowercase isn't ideal, but give it some time to get fixed. Living with the lowercase is the lesser of the evils right now.

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:50 pm

I agree. I think a lot of people are disconcerted by the lower-case thing, but we can certainly live with it for a while. We can just keep reassuring people.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:55 pm

Good point and good work guys!

And, If you ever need another beta tester I would be willing to help out.

rory82 Virginia
06/29/13 4:15 pm

Mine is slower, and does crash more often.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/29/13 4:12 pm

I've found a few minor things, and Tony has a list from some of the beta testers. Susanr has been super on top of it. The biggest thing I've found that it doesn't like me to let my iPad nap while it's open. What have you found?

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:11 pm

A number of things all of which have been reported to Tony. Some things have been fixed already; some they're still working on. Some (emoticons & not being able to tap on pie charts to get vote numbers) aren't bugs; but they'll change eventually.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:14 pm

I cannot seem to be able to change my name back to its capital lettered form, has that been noticed by anyone else?

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:21 pm

Yes. If you look at all the comments here, everyone has been lower-cased. Even tony! Last I heard, he didn't know what was causing that, but was looking into it. I'd bet that it's something that will get fixed.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:27 pm

I have seen some people with capitol letters in the comments, but none in the question boxes.

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:38 pm

People with caps in their name are still on 2.0. You may see their comments in the general SOH polls, and in polls created in 2.0 by users before they updated. But you won't see them in polls created by people AFTER they updated to 2.1...

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:40 pm

...like this one, because they can't even see them. I've got 2.0 running on my iPad. I can see the SOH polls, & a few polls made yesterday by people I follow, but none since last night. The many new polls made on 2.1 since then by people I follow...

susanr Colorado
06/29/13 4:41 pm

..I can see on the iPhone with 2.1, but not on the iPad with 2.0.

DrReid Ever present.
06/29/13 4:09 pm

I wanted to check to see if people where having the same trouble I am. I also suppose this could be a good chance for Tony to check for reoccurring bugs.

rlands
06/29/13 4:07 pm

Less crashing actually, but some out of order comments or polls. Besides that nothing. It isn't anything that obstructs normal use of the app though.