wolf124 August 10th, 2016 1:01pm

TODAY IN HISTORY: Aug. 10, 1821 - Missouri became the 24th state to join the Union. Have you ever vacationed in Missouri? (If so, what attractions or places would you recommend?)

susanr Colorado
08/10/16 1:58 pm

Not a vacation, but I spent most of a week in St. Louis at a scientific meeting, with some free time. We went up in the arch, and to some nice botanical gardens.

minicooperson
08/10/16 1:36 pm

If you go to St. Louis check out City Museum! If you love playgrounds for kids of all ages really consider going. I went in my 30's and took my 17 year old niece and we had a blast!

jvc1133 61535
08/10/16 1:00 pm

Camping kids, "Johnson Shut Ins)

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/10/16 11:02 am

Never vacationed there, but have lived there and visit regularly (my parents, brother, and a sister still live there). The early French explorers didn't name it "Misery" for nothing. Johnson Shut-Ins is a nice place to spend a day, Lake Taneycomo is relatively clean and cool with good fishing, and Silver Dollar City is a fun place to visit if you're into crowded tourist traps. Beyond those, the best thing about the state is probably that it's an easy day's drive to the mountains of Colorado.

Suzan Hawaii
08/10/16 10:51 am

Brandon for music.
Kansas City is terrific. There museum has the largest Asian collection of art in the world. That more miles Boulevard in Paris and more parks than any other city in the world. Super hot and August super cold in winter. If it is the full drive through Springfield this rounding areas to look at the beautiful leaves.

donald59 Maricopa, AZ
08/10/16 7:55 am

St. Louis has a free art museum and a free zoo. Check them out. The Science center is cool. You'll want to visit the botanical gardens (aka Shaw's garden).

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
08/10/16 7:40 am

Branson: shopping and shows
St Louis: Arch, baseball, botanical gardens,
St Charles: quaint town
Precious Moments Museum

Krystina Live and Let Live
08/10/16 6:26 am

I said "yes," but it was more of a thing where we just spent some time checking out the sites on a drive through. We did the Gateway Arch, aka the Saint Louis Arch. That's a cool experience and I'd recommend that. Then there are some historic buildings in the area, but I don't remember what they are now.

cpaswr 864511320
08/10/16 6:24 am

I've been in the St Louis Arch. I've been to Busch Stadium for a few baseball games (usually against the Cubs). I went to Six Flags as a kid. I don't recall going anywhere else.

Axl752 NY
08/10/16 6:12 am

Missouri doesn't usually enter the conversation when I'm thinking of potential vacation destinations.

wolf124 California
08/10/16 6:15 am

True...which is why I'm hoping to hear some comments or suggestions from those who have.