celloVirtuoso August 10th, 2016 4:35am

Women have bought into the lie that feminism will bring them the power and freedom they think they want and deserve. However, the promise is empty, for the premise is rooted in prideโ€”and pride goes before a fall.

jvc1133 61535
08/10/16 8:34 pm

True, but I won't be here to see it. : (

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/10/16 8:40 pm

This brings about two questions:

1. Why would you want to see the fall of woman? Womanhood is just as necessary and vital as manhood. The dangers of extreme feminism put manhood at risk, which is the point the poll attempts to make (although you have to read the link to understand this). But womanhood is put at risk when it is oppressed, as well. Neither of these situations is positive or healthy for society.

2. Why do you say you wouldn't you be around to see said fall if it were to take place?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/10/16 7:59 pm

@CelloVirtuoso - good poll. You're very brave to post it here on a site that isn't even MOSTLY Christian. I'm going to share it... โค๏ธโœŸ

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/10/16 8:05 pm

The poll says that women have bought into this lie, but it honestly isn't exclusively women, and feminism isn't the only issue where people have somehow come to think that the way to earn respect, whether or not they truly and rightfully deserve it, is to tear down others around them and assert themselves above all others. It's not a statement about feminism so much as it is a statement about pride in and of itself. The same could be said for many situations.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/10/16 8:17 pm

I will try to remember to hold you up in prayer when the school year starts. Your opinions are Biblical and correct, which means that most teachers will ridicule you when you express them in class. The good news is that your courage will probably earn classmates' (grudging) respect, and maybe open doors for out-of-class witnessing. I think you're amazing! โœŸ

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/10/16 8:21 pm

I believe I'm called to it. I've received prophetic word multiple times where people have seen me in purple and gold (JMU's colors) and wearing a crown and holding a staff, and they've said that wherever I go I am an ambassador for Christ and I reclaim the land for the Kingdom. Some of these words I received long before I had even applied for colleges and back when I used to struggle with a lot of self-esteem issues. I was not the girl who was gonna go and talk to people about Christ on a secular college campus. But the Lord has done His work in me and now not only do I feel ready but I'm a little impatient as I have to wait for the year to begin. The time is good, though, because for now I can just pray and rest. It won't be easy but it will be good.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/10/16 8:24 pm

God says He's given me the gift of words, and He's teaching me slowly but surely how to use them.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/10/16 8:45 pm

I will confirm that. I feel the witness of the Holy Spirit to what you have received prophetically. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
08/10/16 5:19 am

Get over this thing about feminism. Where does all this anger stem from?

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/10/16 7:41 pm

Have you read the link?

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/10/16 8:08 pm

It's not anger at all. The link will provide some context to this question and better explain why I thought to post it here.

Axl752 NY
08/09/16 11:04 pm

So are you saying that women don't deserve power and freedom?

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/10/16 7:40 pm

Read the link.

Women deserve to be valued and regarded with the same respect as men. That doesn't warrant some of the acts of extreme feminism that are actually demeaning to men.

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 9:48 pm

Why would you assume the "premise" is rooted in pride?

That's not what I've seen. I don't have a problem with people wanting equal rights and opportunities, no matter who they are. What "pride" is *necessarily* involved?

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/09/16 9:50 pm

Have you read the link?

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 9:51 pm

I glanced at it, but I am not a Christian, and it doesn't matter to me what the Bible says about feminism.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/09/16 9:55 pm

It's not about what you believe. The article refers to which definition of feminism it's referring to. It states that the fight for equal rights is positive and God intended for us to be respected as such. This quote explicitly refers to a modern move towards eliminating all signs of male-dominance or gender at all, which counter-actively reverses the issue of inequality and leaves men the lesser gender.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/09/16 9:56 pm

Read the link all the way through. It dispels many myths non-Christians believe about the Christian view of women and feminism. God is not sexist.

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 9:58 pm

OK; I'll read it when I get a chance. It's almost 11 PM here and I haven't had dinner yet!
=:-)

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
08/09/16 9:59 pm

Ah late night dinners are the best. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Axl752 NY
08/09/16 11:06 pm

Eating late at night is not good. If you eat and then go to bed your body will store the food as fat.

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 11:26 pm

That's not entirely true, but opinions differ a bit on it. I usually try not to eat very late anyway, but some days it just happens. And after as long a walk as I had today, especially without eating a real breakfast or lunch either (I did have some food, just not real meals), I really *needed* some sustenance.

Axl752 NY
08/09/16 11:30 pm

It's not good to skimp on meals either. If you don't really eat a breakfast or lunch then your body will go into survival mode. When you finally get food it will store it as fat as your body thinks it is starving, and will store as fat so it will be able to burn it for energy when needed.

Axl752 NY
08/09/16 11:30 pm

Best to keep eating through the day to always have your metabolism engaged.

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 11:38 pm

Yeah, I know... (but thanks)... I'm in the process of losing weight, and I'm pretty careful (usually) about what I eat and when. I'm also following a low-carb regimen. Ironically, my 6 mile walk today was to (and back from) my monthly visit to my weight-loss physician, who is a tremendous source of info about nutrition and exercise. (It's great to have someone to discuss medical literature with; I've missed that since I retired.) But I was in a hurry all day. For breakfast I had two pieces of bacon instead of my usual bacon, eggs & spinach. For "lunch" I had some peanuts and a couple string cheese sticks, instead of my usual giant salad with some deli ham and a little cheese. It was a weird day; very atypical. Back to normal tomorrow.