HappyLez August 10th, 2016 4:02am

The 23 year old grandson of a friend was killed last week in a motorcycle accident. Do you know anyone that was injured or killed on a motorcycle?

cpaswr 864511320
08/10/16 4:32 am

Growing up, my neighbor was an avid motorcycle rider. He was riding on a wet day and he slipped on the road. He ended up losing his leg below the knee.

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/10/16 12:19 am

My youngest brother was injured avoiding a car that came up too close behind him. His leg was badly broken. He recovered, but was killed in a car crash a few years later.

A friend's older brother was thrown a long distance which resulted in serious mental damage. He lived, but never recovered mentally.

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/10/16 12:21 am

I'm always try to be extra careful driving when motorcycles are on the road with me.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
08/10/16 4:04 am

Deeply sorry about your brother...
Most of the time it's the cars fault... Not paying attention....not enough emphasis put on sharing the road with motorcycles when you're learning to drive and getting a permit.

I live in a 55+ community and we are located about a mile or 2 from a Harley dealership and quite a few residents have Harley's.
So you put "younger" older people on motorcycles.. driving in the same community with "older" older people that shouldn't be driving anymore in the first place and every now an then the inevitable happens and it's sad .....

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/09/16 9:57 pm

Several over my 45 years on two wheels. The most recent good friend killed on a bike was the first official fatality of the 2001 Sturgis rally, the victim of an old guy in a van. There's no such thing as careful enough when old folks driving vans are out and about.

PyroSadist like my comments follow
08/09/16 9:41 pm

I had a friend of mine who coincidentally I had the same first and last name is made... Except she spelled wolf with an e at the end and I do not. A mutual friend called me about 5 years ago and said I have good news and bad news. I said what's the good news? My friend Danny replied you're still alive ( you know the bad news is going to suck when that is the good news)... I said what is the bad news? Danny replied Brian Wolfe is dead.

Brian and I went to several of the same events... They were frequently mixing the two of us up. There was one time where he was supposed to be in my cabin and I was supposed to be in his. No big deal except he was going to be sleeping with my wife and he didn't bring me anybody to sleep with! Nope! Not a fair trade...at least at the time I thought not. Now? He could have her!

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 9:28 pm

I don't know of anyone who was killed, that I can think of. I don't know anyone who was *badly* injured, that I can think of.

I had a (very fortunately) relatively mild injury myself - no broken bones or lacerations, but a hell of a bruise on my thigh for about a month, & I needed crutches - when a car hit us (I was riding as a passenger). Other than one brief ride with a friend, I haven't been on once since.

biker4life Arizona
08/09/16 9:20 pm

I knew a lot of people that have been killed on motorcycles.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
08/09/16 10:55 pm

Wow.... Sorry Biker!
I used to ride too.... but it's been many years. I was lucky... afraid to get back on though. ... at 61 I'm happy to still be around... but seems like everyone knows someone that was at least hurt on a bike... Always the cars fault.. :(

monkees19 New Jersey
08/09/16 9:10 pm

Yes, my uncle was killed in an accident about 3 years before I was born. I think he was only 22.