CaseyHolloway August 10th, 2016 3:56am

Antonio Sabato Jr. has been 'BLACKLISTED' in Hollywood for his supporting of Republican Presidential Nominee Donald Trump! Should action be taken against those who have blacklisted the actor for him using his 1st Amendment Right? 🔗

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
08/10/16 5:42 am

No. No one has taken action against blacklisting in the past, so why should we do it now.

Malekithe Cities on flame
08/10/16 4:30 am

When Republicans do similar it becomes a crisis and there is plenty of righteous indignation.

pdxchory Portland
08/09/16 11:21 pm

That's the bitch of free speech: you can "speak your mind," but people get to respond. Sometimes—like when you work in a traditionally liberal industry—it cannot be a surprise that you falter in employability when you transgress the liberal mean of the industry.

pdxchory Portland
08/09/16 11:23 pm

Similarly in the inverse: if you're a welder, be not surprised your Bernie sticker draws ire.

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 9:08 pm

No. It seems pretty extreme, and sort of a dick move, to refuse to hire someone based on their political preference or even political activity, but it's not a protected group. What "action" are you referring to, other than legal?

Also, he's *claiming* that he's been "blacklisted" but in the articles I've read he talks about being dropped from some projects that he was anticipating being involved in (or maybe was already signed for; I'm not sure), but that's quite different from being *blacklisted,* when the whole industry refuses to hire you.

While Hollywood is pretty liberal, it's not *entirely* liberal, and I doubt the non-liberal parts (Clint Eastwood, for example) would refuse to use him. (If Eastwood can stand Trump; I don't know his opinion.)

Also, please consider if you'd be posting this if it were a *liberal* who was being shut out. If you would, that's fine. But is it perhaps only because he supports Trump or is conservative?

Yessy French Texan
08/09/16 9:17 pm

Susanr are you Independent or Democrat! Just asking! You already know I'm Independent!!

susanr Colorado
08/09/16 9:31 pm

It's complicated. =:-)

I like to think of myself as independent, but I almost always vote Democrat (and I'm registered as a Democrat, but mainly to vote in primaries). I go back & forth on SOH between identifying as an Independent or Democrat. I think for poll results purposes it's a better indicator of my opinions if I stick with Democrat, so I usually do. But I'd really rather call myself independent.