ConservativeCA August 9th, 2016 10:29pm

Have you changed who you support for President since the end of the primaries? (Or chose a candidate after being previously undecided)

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
08/09/16 8:52 pm

Bush was my favorite at the beginning. When he dropped out, I moved to Rubio and Kasich, then to Cruz. But for me, Trump has always been the worst candidate on either side by far, so I'm voting for Clinton now.

PollPositioned Just Curious
08/09/16 8:23 pm

Definitely neither of the two main party clowns.
👎

Daniel3508
08/09/16 5:16 pm

Trump from day 1

skinner Wisconsin
08/09/16 3:54 pm

No, I've been undecided ever since the Republican Party was stolen by Trump. I'm still deciding between unseemly options like Gary Johnson, Hillary Clinton, or a write in vote.

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
08/09/16 8:08 pm

Whatever you do, I urge you to not do a write in.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
08/09/16 8:54 pm

I would encourage you to prioritize keeping Trump out of the White House, which means voting for his strongest rival, unfortunately.

Just don't vote for Trump, whatever you do. :)

skinner Wisconsin
08/10/16 3:17 am

Yes, I'm considering Clinton because I believe that two primary effects of her presidency set her apart from the other experienced, policy-oriented candidate in the race (Johnson). First, Clinton would pursue an engaged foreign policy agenda not seen since George Bush and she is the only candidate who can deliver that future that makes America lead again. Second, Clinton is going to win, but the degree to which she wins matters. If Trump is defeated narrowly, then Trumpists can argue that he only lost because of a rigged system or Republicans who weren't on board with his candidacy like me. That could enable Trump or his acolytes to run again in 2020. If Trump is crushed in the electoral college, then it will likely dispel those concerns and ensure that this populist nationalism never rises again, thus restoring movement conservatism.

ConservativeCA Joe Biden is barely alive
08/10/16 8:25 am

Donald Trump's campaign is far more policy-orientated than Hillary's. He consistently holds high profile policy speeches-like his economic one in Detroit- while Hillary rarely does so. He consistently holds press conferences where he fields numerous policy questions from the press, and Hillary has not had a single press conference since December. Trump's rally that I attended yesterday in Wilmington was filled with nuanced policy proposals and explanations, and Clinton's campaign chose to overshadow that by focusing on two words Trump said and trying to control the narrative by making it about non-issues.

skinner Wisconsin
08/10/16 9:18 am

He has many ideas like making America great again, being the best jobs president ever, rewriting trade deals so that America comes first, increasing vetting for immigrants and refugees, helping vets, and other platitudes, but few concrete policies for how these changes would actually play out. He repeatedly shows dangerous misunderstandings about how the world and the United States government operates, from not understanding what the nuclear triad is to wanting to protect Article XII of the Constitution to not knowing who is participating in TPP to buying Russian propaganda on Ukraine and Syria. Trump doesn't get into the nitty gritty of policy, but when he does discuss overarching issues it becomes apparent that he has no commitment to conservative principles. Trump has suggested that he may end free trade agreements, disregard treaty obligations to defend other countries, raise the minimum wage to at least $10 an hour, spend billions on infrastructure, and deport millions of people.

ConservativeCA Joe Biden is barely alive
08/10/16 9:22 am

You totally ignored the point of my last comment. He has done far more than the things you claimed he has. As I mentioned before, he has held numerous detailed policy speeches and press conferences, where he has detailed his specific policy stances. And how can you expect him to have known exactly what the nuclear triad was, when at the time he had been in politics for a few months. And besides, he knows what it is now.

skinner Wisconsin
08/10/16 2:20 pm

He did have a couple speeches this year that helped us to understand his tax policy and neo-isolationism a little better, but it's hard to say if these are his real positions or if he will revert to some of the other positions he has taken during this campaign cycle such as possibly raising taxes on the rich as part of a deal to lower taxes on everyone else or if he really does believe the War in Afghanistan was justified or will go back to his since rescinded position against it. Moreover, we still don't know how he intends to preserve entitlements despite augmenting costs, rewrite our trade deals to make them more favorable to America, or strengthen the already stringent vetting of refugees, among other unexplained policies.

What do you mean how do I expect him to understand the nuclear triad? Of course I expect him to understand the triad, among other things. You're acting like it's unreasonable to expect the commander-in-chief to have a basic understanding of the presidency.

mstt
08/09/16 3:33 pm

After Bernie was eliminated I switched to Donald.

ConservativeCA Joe Biden is barely alive
08/09/16 3:34 pm

Welcome to the Trump Train!

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
08/09/16 3:32 pm

No. I have stuck with her all the way.