Maj August 9th, 2016 5:56am

The water main on the corner (the downhill corner) exploded into a geyser tonight. The city just showed up to fix it, so we have no water. It's all very exciting. Has something similar happened to you?!

susanr Colorado
08/10/16 8:24 pm

My apartment was without water for about 5 hours one day last week, with no notice and no later explanation. Nothing exciting going on outside though, so I imagine it was just a repair happening somewhere in my building. Wasn't very convenient, but at least I have 5+ gallons of water at all times. I fill empty plastic gallon jugs of distilled H2O (for my CPAP machine) with tap water and let them de-chlorinate for a couple days, then cap them & use them for watering plants. But they're also available for any emergency water needs.

Not enough to take a shower, though, which is what I had in mind the day the water was shut off.

spicysteve M14D SBS
08/10/16 5:00 pm

Happened to us a few years ago. Turning on the faucet with no water coming out was scary and weird!

gamelvr1155
08/10/16 10:40 am

I actually hit a fire hydrant after pulling forward to leave a parking space. I forgot it was in front of my car. The water shot up 20 feet or or more and I took off like a bat out of hell. I was 19 years old and it scared the crap out of me. Lol

theNobamist Silicon Valley
08/10/16 2:15 am

I don't need that kind of excitement 😳😰

bubba2526 New Jersey
08/09/16 10:29 pm

My friend hit the water main in my basement with a dart once right below the shit off valve so we couldn't turn it off there to stop the water... So it was that day I learned how to shut water off at the curb and how to replace sections of plumbing. But the dart shot back after puncturing the pipe at a very high speed because of the pressure and it just missed my head by inches, good times!

Maj Worth Economist
08/09/16 11:27 pm

😱😱😱😱

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/09/16 4:56 pm

The back flow valve in our yard broke last year. It was quite a mess.

imanag My heaven on Earth
08/08/16 11:16 pm

Wow! No, it hasn't happened, but I hope they can fix it quickly. 😬

Maj Worth Economist
08/08/16 11:18 pm

Yeah. Ara stepped out to grab some water from the store. We have some, but not enough that we could wash ourselves.

Maj Worth Economist
08/09/16 12:36 pm

And we didn't need it because the water's back on. It took four hours to repair. And now we have eight gallons for emergencies. 👍

imanag My heaven on Earth
08/09/16 1:40 pm

That's mighty fabulous! It's always good to have an emergency supply. 💦

fracy A deeper shade of blue.
08/08/16 11:06 pm

Nope. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Maj Worth Economist
08/08/16 11:16 pm

I do, too! My son was pooping when the water went off, and he completely panicked. he thought he'd backed up the toilet. And then the water didn't turn on in the sink and he just freaked.

Maj Worth Economist