hopeto August 9th, 2016 1:32am

Have you ever been in a situation where you feared for your life?

willow
08/08/16 8:38 pm

Probably more than once.

The first one that comes to mind though was when my brother had a psychotic break and was trying to stab me with a knife.

hopeto Washington State
08/08/16 9:50 pm

Wow, that must have been difficult. Hope he is doing better now!

autumn2 California
08/08/16 8:33 pm

A few times, but I wasn't really scared.

wolfsong Full time animal lover
08/08/16 8:00 pm

I'm very, very paranoid and tend to have panic attacks over the smallest of things.

ShawPPM1214 Washington
08/08/16 7:57 pm

Yes...I nearly fell off the edge of a glacier and mountain when I was climbing Mt Hood in Oregon the summer before my freshman year. Scariest moment of my entire life.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
08/08/16 7:50 pm

Too many to count.

kawaiichan somewhere
08/08/16 7:24 pm

Many times, but that is a lot of stories. One of the worst was with my uncle. When I was young I lived with my uncle. My dad was grieving my mom. So one day my uncle took me downtown and left me all day. I found my way home by asking a random couple, I told them my address, and they knew the area. However when I got home my uncle beat me. I was unconscious for a whole day. When I awoke I was so scare.

susanr Colorado
08/08/16 7:10 pm

Three times that I remember very vividly, going back as far as 49 years. Two involved cars; one involved a group of guys and a knife.

hopeto Washington State
08/08/16 7:12 pm

Wow! Do you mind me asking what went down on that last one??

susanr Colorado
08/08/16 7:15 pm

I was walking with my SO in San Francisco at night, about 1968. A group of guys, probably late teens, walked toward us, and pushed the SO into the storefront of a closed store. The next thing I knew, there was a knife at his throat. I assume there was a demand for money, but I didn't hear it, because my mouth had opened and I was screaming really loudly. It wasn't anything I did deliberately; it just happened. The guys, fortunately, ran off. So it was really the SO's life in direct danger, although I was frightened for my own as well.

shoeless Texas
08/08/16 6:37 pm

Plane landing in Chicago. Thought for sure that was going to be the end.

JackQHu Durham, NC
08/08/16 6:51 pm

Did it have some difficulties landing?

shoeless Texas
08/08/16 7:06 pm

Yes. Just before touchdown there must have been a wind burst or the pilot hiccuped. Wing almost hit the ground, then the pilot slammed the plane in the ground. Not sure what happened, but scariest landing I've been in and I fly 20-30 trips a year.