CaseyHolloway August 8th, 2016 7:39pm

"Hillary, Bill, Obama, they get the benefit of the doubt, & if Trump had said "I am going to RAISE the taxes on the Middle Class" it would be ALL over the news! You would be questioning his sanity!" Frm. N.Y.C. Mayor Rudy Giuliani

ozzy
08/08/16 3:51 pm

100% true

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
08/08/16 12:55 pm

Except Hillary misspoke and didn't really mean to say that she would raise taxes in the middle class...

everybodysmom illinois
08/08/16 1:55 pm

Bullshit. It's exactly what she will do

susanr Colorado
08/08/16 2:10 pm

She didn't even misspeak. If you listen to it carefully, it's actually "aren't," not "are." I agree it's not terribly clear, but I can hear it.

And it fits completely with what she said before and after it, anyway, so even if it was a "misspoke" moment it's really ridiculous for people to insist that that's what she actually meant.

susanr Colorado
08/08/16 2:23 pm

Plus, the "quote" in the poll question isn't the same as what she spoke in videos of the event - regardless if the word is "are" or "aren't."

Here are her words: "We're going to write fairer rules for the middle class and we aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class." NOT "I am going to RAISE the taxes on the Middle Class."

Note that the difference between "are" and "aren't" may be difficult to discern in a rally environment. But the difference between "I am going to..." and "I am not going to..." would be much easier to tell apart, so if anyone thought that was what she had said (by not listening to the audio of the event) they'd be FAR more likely to believe that she had said she was gong to raise taxes.

At any rate, I just listened to it 3 more times, and honestly, seriously, it's faint but it's definitely there; the word is "aren't."

susanr Colorado
08/08/16 2:25 pm

And since Casey's link seems to lead to a nonrelevant article, here's a link to the video. Since it's from Fox News, I think it's reasonable to assume that the video hasn't been "enhanced" in Clinton's favor.
insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/03/watch-hillary-says-were-going-raise-taxes-middle-class