Show Of Hands August 8th, 2016 7:01pm

Evan McMullin, the former chief policy director for Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives, has announced his independent presidential bid. Would you consider voting for him in November?

Abzzer Michigan
08/13/16 10:03 am

Ok being a independent doesn't really madder with me. Just like Hillary Evan McMullen believes if he is against trump and shows it he should be elected. He even calls himself the "Never Trump" candidate. Ok so what will you do to help America other than calling out Donald trump? Lastly I think Evan has also ruined is chances with his phony resume. This shows the Evan Mcullin only brings opinion to the table, not facts/evidence

dylan1776
08/11/16 9:12 pm

I'm already settled on Gary Johnson he is by far the best candidate and will be the only 3rd party on all 50 states lastly mister McMullen has already missed 26 deadlines for ballots so he is already out basically

ctskapski NB MD
08/10/16 11:11 am

Johnson-Weld '16

CAModerate California
08/09/16 2:26 pm

Gary Johnson is getting my vote.

obertar1 NY
08/09/16 12:43 pm

If he was the chief orchestrator of Republican refusal to perform in congress for the last six years, then ABSOLUTELY NOT! He can go to hell along with Boner. They nearly ruined this country.

nacho
08/09/16 1:03 pm

They nearly ruined the country? When Bush was President the President almost ruined the country not Congress but now it is Congress fault not the President. Typical hypocrisy. Opposition is good if it from Dems in fact it is patriotic -for Republicans it is obstructionist and un-American. This even though voters refuted Obamas policies by electing opposition senate and house members to him not one but twice by historic margins.
Only let the will of the voters carry the day if it is Democratic politicians, Republicans not so much -they steal and cheat to win elections anyway so why bother with they the whole "will of the people" thing.

whiplash29 ohio
08/09/16 7:38 am

I have to vote for hillary now. I thought his anti Muslim policy was for terrorist principals. after trump had to pick on the Khan family, that have nothing to do with terrorist, it then becomes fascist. I will have no part of the rights religious war.

Baltimoron BMore, Do Less
08/09/16 6:53 am

I will GLADLY vote for him over Donald Trump! saves me my sanity knowing I do NOT have to settle!

for you Trumpers who are going to whine over this - get over it. He's not winning Maryland anyways.

dylan1776
08/11/16 11:18 pm

Vote Gary, McMullan missed 26 state deadlines he is as good as dead already

PrinceBlake Bama Born
08/09/16 6:14 am

Yeah sure let's go ahead and further about the conservative vote making sure hillary wins hand over fist...

Forgetabouit
08/09/16 6:07 am

Hillary is being handed this election .. We have no choice .. She wins

Aoesian self hating Californian
08/08/16 11:10 pm

He came out too late. If this happened in May then we would have something to talk about. Nope, only hope is Johnson/Weld

coloradical Vote or Shut Up
08/08/16 9:47 pm

He's another one of that Idiot Glenn Becks attempts to hurt Trumps chances.

LtCrisco23 Unabashed Millennial
08/08/16 9:14 pm

Yeah, put him on SOH. And Darrell castle while you're at it. Thx for clearing sanders votes tho πŸ‘πŸΌ

sfcren Wyoming
08/08/16 8:19 pm

Consider, sure once I can get a read on exactly what, other than being pissed at Trump his platform is.

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 8:01 pm

1,776 votes...a bit ironic, no?

Spiritof76 USA 1776
08/08/16 8:00 pm

No. Solid Johnson/Weld, the only real challenge to Trump/Clinton.

mhillsman Oklahoma
08/08/16 8:09 pm

They aren't a challenge to Trump of Hillary

shawnx8 Indiana
08/09/16 6:25 am

Think again

Spiritof76 USA 1776
08/09/16 6:31 am

I think if people understood our history more, they would realize Johnson and Weld represent what our founders intended. But it is an uphill battle, since the two parties dominate our politics through money, media, and influence.

mhillsman Oklahoma
08/09/16 12:02 pm

Johnson and Weld support BLM, open borders, and don't think Hillary should have been indicted. They absolutely do not represent what the founders stood for

LtCrisco23 Unabashed Millennial
08/08/16 7:06 pm

If he's Liberty leaning, then yes. I can't tell yet, his site doesn't give enough info about his positions to tell. Definitely a conservative tho

MrWalrus Undergrid
08/08/16 6:14 pm

Wouldn't it be too late for him to get on the ballot?

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
08/08/16 5:55 pm

About everybody in this is trying to convince others how to vote. For me the only vote wasted, is the one that's not cast. To many sacrificed & even died, for you to have that right. Use it !πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

roybiker12
08/08/16 4:13 pm

A vote for him insures a worse life for our children with a Hillary Presidency.

RPossTheBoss Top kek
08/08/16 2:20 pm

waste of a vote

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
08/08/16 2:50 pm

Trump is a waste of a vote.

112112321 pleb
08/08/16 2:55 pm

Clinton is also a waste of a vote

allowishish
08/08/16 3:18 pm

All three of you are correct.

Johnson/weld πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

smasher1220
08/08/16 4:00 pm

If you vote any person other than Hillary or Trump than you've wasted your vote because there is virtually no chance any person other than those 2 candidates will be elected president. I hate to say it but it's true

112112321 pleb
08/08/16 4:02 pm

By that logic you shouldn't vote for Trump either.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
08/08/16 4:27 pm

Cats is correct. Trump is a wasted vote. His popularity has peaked and he will be unable to sway any other voters.

It is more likely that Johnson will rise in popularity than Trump. Therefore, Trump voters should switch to Johnson if they want to beat Hillary.

allowishish
08/08/16 4:39 pm

I vote for a candidate that does not win is not a wasted vote.

By that logic almost 1/2 of the votes ever cast are wasted.

You still have a voice that is heard.

I guaranty that if Johnson/Weld get 15%-20% of the votes the two major parties will be listening.
It doesn't even take that much.

But to vote for someone that you don't believe in.... That's a wasted vote

112112321 pleb
08/08/16 2:05 pm

I'm not sure about Ewan McMuffin yet

TomM
08/08/16 2:50 pm

I think Chris Christie could support him, just the name should be enough to embrace him.

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
08/08/16 2:05 pm

I know almost nothing about him but I already like him more by default.

Unless you tell me theres vids on him punting puppies into fire, he cant be as bad as these two bags of shit.

ShawPPM1214 Washington
08/08/16 1:59 pm

I'm already iffy about third parties as it is. If I feel like voting Johnson is throwing my vote away...then voting for McMullen is literally burning my ballot at the polls...

08/08/16 2:02 pm

Why do you feel like you'd be throwing your vote away? Is voting for the lesser of two evils sound better than voting for Liberty? I don't think so.

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
08/08/16 2:07 pm

Mark the time and date.

Cowboy makes a completely rational and non-offensive comment I whole-heartedly agreed with.

08/08/16 2:15 pm

Sooner or later everyone agrees with me! ✌🏻

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
08/08/16 2:51 pm

Johnson has a better chance of winning than Trump.

mhillsman Oklahoma
08/08/16 8:12 pm

Haha, Johnson has literally no chance of winning

08/09/16 9:30 am

Just as I'm sure you thought Trump had no chance, right? πŸ™„

mhillsman Oklahoma
08/09/16 11:59 am

No, I was pretty sure Trump would win since the beginning

08/09/16 1:55 pm

Lol. πŸ™„

skinner Wisconsin
08/08/16 1:56 pm

Yes, I am learning more about him and considering voting for him. I'm a Republican, but I am not beholden to Trump.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/08/16 1:49 pm

Almost zero chance. Which is about the same chance that he'll even be on the ballot. I'd have to hear how he has reformed and is now the complete opposite of what his background suggests to even consider him.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/08/16 1:43 pm

My vote has already been decided. Anybody who joins the race this ridiculously late gets nothing but a hearty "lol" from me.

Hooah Fmr. Zia
08/08/16 1:38 pm

No. I'm voting for Hillary Clinton.

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
08/08/16 2:07 pm

Since when???

cowtown2
08/08/16 1:21 pm

Well, I won't be voting for HRC or Trump so....I guess I *might* consider voting for him.

schristo
08/08/16 1:56 pm

Ditto. But have to find out more about him. But likely a day late and a dollar short!

08/08/16 1:59 pm

Gary Johnson would be a good choice and has the best shot. Not whoever this guy is.

cowtown2
08/08/16 2:21 pm

My reality, as a conservative living in WA, is this state will go blue no matter who I vote for. So, I will vote for the candidate whose policies are in synch with my values. I will most likely write-in Ted Cruz unless my research reveals somebody else that I can vote for with a clear conscience. And don't bother telling me that "a vote against Trump is a vote for Hillary". WA's electoral votes will go for Hillary no matter how I vote. This state has proven to lean *very* left for decades.

08/08/16 2:25 pm

I'm in the same boat in the Communist State of Illinois. I'm not telling you who you should vote for. I'm only saying that Gary Johnson is the only third party candidate on the ballot in all fifty States and is the real opposition to the two party rigged system.

cowtown2
08/08/16 2:28 pm

Yes, you're right Cowboy. I'd vote for him if I thought it would make an impact in this liberal state. Sadly, it won't. So, I might as well vote my conscience.

08/08/16 2:31 pm

By voting for someone who isn't even on the ballot? I don't get it but it's your vote.

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
08/08/16 1:20 pm

No. I am already committed to voting for the best candidate. McMullin getting in a little late, there isn't any possibility that he could get more than a fraction of a percent.

dfish at home
08/08/16 1:12 pm

Isn't it too late to be on some states ballots?

EarlyBird Portland
08/08/16 1:11 pm

This presidential race gets crazier by the day. No, I won't be voting for this guy.

shygal47 Florida east coast
08/08/16 12:37 pm

Sure, I'd consider him. I would have to hear more about his proposals and focus. If we come anywhere near each other in our ideals, I'd vote for him.

mikeyDe Marine Corps
08/08/16 12:36 pm

What an idiot. It's way to late in the game to try and join now.

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 12:22 pm

Well if you don't like Hillary and you don't like Trump, I guess maybe people should consider giving this guy a look.

08/08/16 12:24 pm

Why when Gary Johnson is the only third party candidate on the ballot in all fifty States?

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 12:46 pm

Yeah, Gary Johnson, the open border weirdo. Ah huh. Yep.

ScenarioNations California
08/08/16 12:48 pm

Great intelligent argument right there, you really are a genius

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 1:04 pm

I really don't feel like explaining why I don't want to vote for Diet Hillary Clinton on an app...To strangers. And...who cares if he's on the ballot in all 50 states? You don't need the majority votes of all 50 states to win the election.

ScenarioNations California
08/08/16 1:08 pm

I never said you had to vote for Clinton, did I? This app is partially for discussion so get over you wanting to be In a safe space. You posted an idea, I commented, neither of us forced the other one to talk to the other one. Did I ever make the argument Johnson is on the ballot in all 50? No. That was a different person.

ScenarioNations California
08/08/16 1:09 pm

This new guy won't win the election. He has a 0% chance.

08/08/16 1:47 pm

Then maybe you shouldn't get involved in politics if you're not ready to defend your positions.

PyroSadist like my comments follow
08/08/16 12:05 pm

Obviously someone who just wants Hillary Clinton to win... Not exactly what I would call a Republican.

He had his chance to throw the hat in the ring and compete for the primary and nomination... The people have spoken Trump For Better or Worse is the Republican nominee. He doesn't have to like it but he damn sure has to live with it... Hillary Clinton must not be allowed back in the White House any true Republican would do whatever he could to make sure she is never back in the white house again

veritas1 Panda
08/08/16 12:27 pm

You support a pro-choice, anti-trade registered Democrat Putin crony who wants to wants to give nukes to Saudia Arabia and leave NATO and who has praised and donated to Hillary Clinton while calling for McCain to lose his seat and attacking Romney, Bush, Ryan, etc. and you're really going to lecture people on what a "true Republican" is?

mikeyDe Marine Corps
08/08/16 12:38 pm

I like the pro choice, leave NATO cuz they can't pay for shiit and we foot the bill idea. It works nicely for my views. The one down side to the republicans is they are always crying about abortion.

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 1:06 pm

"He damn sure has to live with it" ohhhhh that's rich. We don't HAVE to live with anything if we aren't happy with it. It's a choice for the future of the country, not pledging your allegiance to the Republican Party.

ruthlesswalrus Indiana
08/09/16 3:46 pm

@mikeyDe Actually you're wrong about NATO. It's actually cheaper to keep troops overseas in many cases and it has other intangible benefits like expanding our influence and ensuring safe trade routes for US goods

08/08/16 12:05 pm

Lol. Can rigging the election be anymore evident? πŸ™„

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 12:21 pm

Lol. Can Trump supporters regurgitating his idiotic statements be any more evident? πŸ™„

08/08/16 12:23 pm

Are you implying that I support Trump? πŸ™„

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 12:51 pm

Well the "liberalism is a disorder" description doesn't exactly scream "Ready for Hillary", not to mention you're regurgitating Trump's constant complaining.

EquaISideEcon more conservative than u
08/08/16 12:56 pm

Lol you really think cowboy would support a liberal like trump?

08/08/16 1:50 pm

Trump doesn't own the term "rigging"? I just call it like I see it.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/08/16 1:52 pm

From what I understand, cowboy is planning to indirectly vote for Hillary by throwing his vote away on Johnson.

08/08/16 1:53 pm

Here's where the phrase "Liberalism is a mental disorder" kicks in...

BleadingHeart I hate America
08/08/16 2:05 pm

Really Laserbeam, are you really going to use that logic? If cowboy actually wanted Clinton to win, he would vote for Clinton and not for a 3rd party candidate. I guess by the same exact logic you use, I can say that a vote for Gary Johnson (or Jill Stein for that matter) takes away a vote for Hillary and helps Trump.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/08/16 2:05 pm

You must not remember the 1992 election very well. Another Clinton is about to obtain office because of a spoiler candidate, and it's amusing.

BleadingHeart I hate America
08/08/16 2:07 pm

Btw, there's no such thing as indirectly voting for a candidate. You either directly vote for a candidate, or you don't vote for that candidate at all.

08/08/16 2:08 pm

No. Felony is going to win, if she doesn't have a stroke, because the Clintons made a deal with Trump.

08/08/16 2:09 pm

Gary Johnson is the only opposition Party in this race against the Democrats.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/08/16 2:09 pm

At least we're in agreement that Clinton is going to win.

BleadingHeart I hate America
08/08/16 2:11 pm

I don't think Gary Johnson is actually going to affect who wins at all unless he actually wins some states. The people voting for Johnson were most likely not going to vote at all let alone for Trump. Slightly more Johnson supporters lean left than right, so you can't say that voting for Johnson will split the conservative vote without saying that it will split the liberal vote as well.

08/08/16 2:12 pm

I've been saying that for awhile... The Clintons rigged the Democrat primaries against crazy Bernie and they have a Democrat and their friend Trump running for the Republicans. Johnson is the only logical choice.

08/08/16 2:13 pm

Now all of a sudden this nobody shows up to take more votes from Trump? It's clear to me what's happening here.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/08/16 2:18 pm

You've been listening to too much Sean Hannity. But anyways, however you come to the conclusion that this will be a landslide victory for the democrat is ok with me. At least that makes you ever so slightly more intelligent than the folks who are somehow convinced that Trump will win. Let's share a chuckle at their expense, shall we? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

EquaISideEcon more conservative than u
08/08/16 2:20 pm

A=A. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. End of Story. If you want to call it a "vote" for Hillary (or Trump if you're a democrat) go ahead do whatever helps you sleep at night. But know that you're wrong. You know it but you continue to believe that to excuse 40 years of voting "lesser evil". You've cried wolf for 40 years and well it's finally come to an actual election facing the lesser of two evils. You caused it. You've made your bed and now you gotta sleep in it.

Gary Johnson for President 2016

08/08/16 2:21 pm

The Democrat you opposed while backing crazy Bernie who sold out for a DNC jet. Such loyalty among thieves... πŸ™„

08/08/16 2:22 pm

Amen Equalside!

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/08/16 2:24 pm

Lol I'm not any more happy about it than you are, cowboy. Acknowledging reality =/= being thrilled about it.

Also, equal, I'm not sure who you're talking to with this "40 years" stuff.

08/08/16 2:27 pm

Acknowledging reality is why I drink...

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 2:52 pm

So cowboy, I have a question... You think Trump is a an agent of the Clintons? Because I have had the same thought in the back of my mind for a while...Also just wondering who you supported in the primaries?

08/08/16 2:58 pm

There's no doubt. Trump is a long time Democrat, donated to the Clintons and the Clintons attended Trump's wedding. Bill and Trump had a phone conversation right before Trump announced that he was running as a Republican.

I supported Rand Paul.

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 3:15 pm

To be honest, I always thought there was something fishy about Trump, and I know way to much about the Clintons to know that they would let anything get in the way of Hillary winning, especially after '08, and losing to Barack.

08/08/16 3:22 pm

And Trump gets to make the Republicans look retarded in the process. I'd really like to know what the Clintons have on the GOP leadership after they stole those FBI files...

ChandlerMBing
08/08/16 3:36 pm

I don't know, I'm not sure I want to know either. I just think that either way, whoever we elect, and we don't have Rand or Ted, and excuse my pessimistic take, the state of this Union will deteriorate much further before it gets better.

08/08/16 3:40 pm

There's no doubt it will get worse with this one party system.

nacho
08/08/16 5:43 pm

Who will you be sharing a chuckle with in 4 years after another 4 years of tepid historic low growth, record low employment, 150,000 more poor helpless Syrian refugees, millions more of illegals pouring in over the "secure" border taking away jobs depressing wages and burdening social services and public schools operating as English learning centers; perhaps another Russian reset, maybe another pivot to Asia, another red line somewhere in the world and more lying about lying, obfuscation and parsing words from the meaning of the word "is" to "talking over each other" and "short circuiting".
But this time it will be different.... she really means what she says this time .. the party platform will cure the economy this time.... the tide will recede this time .... you can keep your dr.... this time. This time will be different because ....?