AMG California
07/25/12 11:51 pm

So sad! I can't believe 1/2 aren't excited.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/20/12 5:33 am

Guess what? I just saw in an aviation news source today that the Chinese company that bought out Hawker Beechcraft vowed to keep the jobs in the US! Win-win!

elyonia679
07/18/12 2:34 pm

I love the fact it's in London. I've always wanted to go there, so seeing the Olympics on tv would give me a little taste of that

07/17/12 5:04 pm

I used to like the Olympics when it was about good old competition. But now it's all about steroids and "being #1!"

Wink
07/17/12 1:03 pm

I am a little bit sad to see these results too. I thought most people would be looking forward to the summer Olympics.

tamtam
07/17/12 12:31 pm

I am pretty disappointed in these results...

Flooded Virginia
07/17/12 7:27 am

It's one of the few times when I can actually watch any sort of equestrian sport on tv, so I'm always excited. Go Team USA!!

07/17/12 6:45 am

Although the athletes trained so much to prepare for the olympics and that this is the moment they've been waiting for almost all their lives, I'm still not interested in it. FIBA and FIFA is what it's all about when it comes to national team competition.

FrostedMin California
07/17/12 6:23 am

Meh. The only thing that I sometimes watch for the Olympics is diving.- but that's only sometimes.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/17/12 4:48 am

of operations remain the same—the planes are designed and built in the US. But we still have Cessna owned by Textron, as well as Bell helicopters, and Boeing owns themselves, and so on.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/17/12 4:48 am

people probably wouldn't be throwing a hissy fit over what they're doing, it's just normal business. But since it's China, so many are up at arms about it. Take the example of Cirrus. They would have gone bankrupt soon if it weren't for a Chinese company that bought them out. Most other aspects…

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/17/12 4:47 am

@Zod China's General Aviation Sector has been slowly picking up with the less stringent regulations now in place (basically the airspace is no longer only airlines and military). They've bought some of the better aviation companies which gives them good in house knowledge. If it were Spain…

kris55 Alabama
07/16/12 11:35 pm

Go team hungary!!!!!....and michael phelps and any basketball team that beats team usa.

lmurder MDK
07/16/12 11:19 pm

I thought they were June 27(logical) and going on through July, not August.
I'm over them.

sgeisler18 Illinois
07/16/12 10:24 pm

There are twins from my hometown who are on the US rowing team. I can't wait to watch them represent our country!

belabour
07/16/12 10:07 pm

Could not really give a fuck

chiemoney
07/16/12 9:59 pm

Ready for usa basketball to blow out everyone

melkor Angband
07/16/12 9:53 pm

Only to see if We are surprised by the shot put.

acavemand The Burgh
07/16/12 9:40 pm

Only basketball and maybe that Lochte dude that's supposed to be the next Michael Phelps. Other than that I really don't care so long as the Iranians and/or North Koreans don't nuke London then I think it can go down as a pretty successful Olympics.

brianparks69 charlotte
07/16/12 9:02 pm

Can't wait!! Love swimming and diving, volleyball, soccer and gymnastics, but will watch most anything except equestrian.

07/16/12 8:08 pm

if they brought back the blood and sand of the gladiatorial arena from the original games maybe.

wktortoise US Coast Guard Academy
07/16/12 7:41 pm

Can't wait to watch track. Even though NBC doesn't have a clue how to cover the sport...

PSU.labtech
07/16/12 7:15 pm

Not during Pirates Baseball season.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/16/12 6:39 pm

P4P shooting, specifically air pistol, air rifle, and three position rifle; canoeing, specifically the canoe singles sprints; and sailing, specifically Keelboat and Two Person Dinghy. Rowing and kayaking too, but they usually cover those, at least partially.

Perot4Prez
07/16/12 6:23 pm

Personally, I am in favor of allowing athletes enhance their performance with any biological means necessary.

The nutritional supplements in use today are a huge advantage from 30+ years ago... Comparing their records is as silly as not competing against athletes using steroids.

Perot4Prez
07/16/12 6:19 pm

@Zod: Even with the proliferation of coverage on a g'zillion cable channels and the web, you still cannot find coverage of your favorite Olympic sports?

What kind of obscure stuff interests you?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/16/12 6:17 pm

jms I know. Mitch McConnell wanting to pile the uniforms up and burn them was about as stupid and hypocritical thing I've heard him say, and he's almost a savant when it comes to talking stupid and hypocritical. He's gonna poop kittens when he finds out Superior (Beijing) bid on Hawker Beechcraft.

Travelpro Washington
07/16/12 6:07 pm

Love it!! I watch them as much as possible. I even attended the Atlanta Olympics in '96. Phenomenal athletes and makes you feel good to see their hard work pay off.

gjb2779
07/16/12 5:43 pm

Better than Royals baseball to tide me over until Chiefs season

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/16/12 5:32 pm

EarlyBird and FIAT2LUX the BBC has some really good background coverage at: www.bbc.co.uk/sport. Click on Olympics, then scroll halfway down the page on the right to a panel of yellow clickable icons for each of the 36 sports. Best coverage I've found so far. I'm getting into it again. :)

kaik12 Twin Cities, MN
07/16/12 5:25 pm

I'm so excites for them, especially for women's gymnastics. The girl who won the Olympic trials wasn't known by anyone a year ago, and now she's number one. And they're favored to win. It's going to be awesome. :)

mama3
07/16/12 5:17 pm

Excited is a bit much. I'm looking forward to it but not really all giddy.

USNavyVet Sonar Man STG2
07/16/12 4:52 pm

I like swimming events best and track and field also.Gymnastics yuch.

true Home
07/16/12 4:25 pm

yes totally! I love the olympics! they're great..

GirlOnFire Ohio
07/16/12 4:23 pm

Yes I love watching the swimming, gymnastics, and running:)

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/16/12 3:54 pm

...stuff is now made in China. I don't have a number but I would guess at least 70% of our day to day things come from Chinese manufacturers. I agree with the "buy American" sentiment but sheesh.... What hypocrites they are!!

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/16/12 3:53 pm

Zod- I haven't been paying enough attention to the news lately and just noticed this 'controversy' today. Wow. Really??? The gov't is selling us off to the Chinese one financial piece at a time and they're worried about uniforms made in China??? Hello??!!! If they haven't noticed, a LOT of ....

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/16/12 3:49 pm

Koolaid- all work and no play......... ;-)
Hhhmmmmm..... I usually agree with a lot of what you say. Honestly, though, you sound a little 'conspiracy theorist' in that comment. I don't think he'll do anything secretly that he is proud of. I think he wants more fame and glory too much to do that.

barbearnj Dreaming of Banff
07/16/12 3:42 pm

I love the Olympics and I love cheering for the USA!!!

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/16/12 3:35 pm

Thanks Zod! Now I know the URL to start at for that stuff.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/16/12 2:40 pm

EarlyBird try nbcolympics.com, click on 'Results & Schedules' then 'Athletes'. You can filter the results by sport, nation, or gender. The full schedule is there along with a lot of other info, you just have to click a lot to find it all. There's also an app - link from the 'Mobile' icon.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/16/12 2:31 pm

Not as excited as I could be. The "buy American no matter what" crapfest that's been running on TV has brought back bad feelings from the boycott. I don't care where you're from, I just care if you're the best. They rarely cover my sports at all here, unless one of "our" athletes medals.

glorfindel
07/16/12 2:26 pm

I hope my favorite dressage horse Ravel and his rider Steffen Peters win a gold metal for the USA this time! :D