Show Of Hands June 23rd, 2012 12:00am

If you had free reign to sentence Jerry Sandusky for his conviction on 45 counts of child sexual abuse, would you give him the death penalty?

awesomesauce7
06/30/12 5:31 pm

@ Holybabble, what so all republicans are crazy Catholics? I'm a republican and come from a Jewish republican family. We're talking about one man who did a crime against children, lets not bring your own liberal media-based political beliefs into this

mammakat
06/29/12 10:23 pm

I would assign 45 life sentences without the possibility of parole. The death penalty is simply not cost efficient or humane and no matter how certain I may be of one man's guilt I would not choose to use it in order to set the precedence.

That all said I think our prison system is vastly lacking.

HolyBabble Mississippi
06/29/12 1:39 pm

Not as disrespectful as what I did to your mom.
I took out her kotex.

rose12
06/28/12 7:28 pm

Holy babble, that's taking it out of context. How disrespectful :(

jgdssfhjkg Kentucky
06/27/12 2:46 pm

He's gonna be dead for a long time. I say let Bubba and Tyrone remind him evert day how those boys felt for as long as possible.

Sakura-chan Reading and Writing.
06/27/12 7:57 am

Uh, he's a pedo. Pedos like kids. Most prostitutes are I think, at least 15

catslax
06/27/12 4:09 am

He should have done what all the politicians do and get prostitutes

HolyBabble Mississippi
06/27/12 4:04 am

Sandusky is just your average everyday Republican.

Right-wing Bible thumping
Republicans are always getting caught touching little boys.
The Catholic church is looking at Sandusky in awe. They were taking notes and learning from this great man. He's currently being considered for sainthood.

MajorMajor
06/26/12 10:39 pm

@sager because of appeals and such, it is 2million dollars more expensive to execute someone instead of a life sentence.

06/26/12 4:33 pm

He will never get out of jail anyway

sager Maryland
06/26/12 4:02 pm

The death penalty would be a waste. First, he's already been put on suicide watch; why give him what he wants? Furthermore, I've heard it's actually very expensive to put someone on death row. I forget where I read it but I think it was like 4,000 dollars. I had other reasons but I forgot...

Topgun California
06/26/12 3:06 pm

There's plenty worse than him, he is just televised, that's why we think he's so bad

cairo2 UVM
06/26/12 7:05 am

Long jail sentence? Absolutely. But the death penalty? No, for a variety of reasons.

Tgriff North Dakota
06/25/12 9:40 pm

A death penalty would be a easy way out for him

emt816 Virginia
06/25/12 8:22 pm

guys like that dont last long in prison. im in favor of death penalty if a gang didnt get to him 1st

megomez713
06/25/12 7:57 pm

I take back my statement. I totally agree with armystrong

06/25/12 7:52 pm

Nope that's too easy, I'd hand him over to gen. pop.

megomez713
06/25/12 7:31 pm

I've actually worked w/ sex offenders a and I'm usually all for making a person suffer the rest of their miserable life in prison. But narcissistic evil men like him should have the one thing the values above everything ripped away, his life. He doesn't deserve life.

HarmieV Connecticut
06/25/12 5:23 pm

No. I'd keep alive as long as possible. I'd make sure all the other prisoners knew exactly who he was & I'd look the other way while they "used" him abominably for the rest of his life.

annam
06/25/12 2:23 pm

Scott-touché. It's sad but it's true.

kales Not Quite Boston
06/25/12 1:56 pm

He didn't actually kill anyone, and that's what the death penalty is supposed to be for. Either way, I wouldn't give anyone the death penalty. He deserves to rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life and think about what he did.

06/25/12 1:31 pm

if he molested one of your kids , would you change your mind?

PetePuma Oregon
06/25/12 1:00 pm

. . . Good luck finding that help. It is a mental disorder, just as any other. It IS treatable, and offenders are not necessarily apt to repeat, IF correct treatment is provided, and safe outlets sought for wholesome sexual outlet.

PetePuma Oregon
06/25/12 12:57 pm

Pedophilia is a pathological condition, feeding itself on misdirected sexual energies. The person with it, CAN control the acting out, but it is very hard, even near impossible to do so, if suitable therapy is not sought. There's a catch: Try having those urges, and finding help, before acting out.

06/25/12 12:43 pm

nope! let him feel what its like to be preyed on! have fun with Bubba Jerry!

deebee
06/25/12 9:32 am

I said no. I oppose the death penalty because it costs way more than life in prison.

scottstots Georgia
06/25/12 7:19 am

Interesting dynamics at work here. Regardless of what the SCOTUS does with Obamacare, Sandusky is now a member of the only group of people in the US guaranteed health care - prisoners.

KihowFlying Montana
06/25/12 4:01 am

Death would be the easy way out. Death penalty should be abolished for that very reason.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
06/25/12 1:50 am

The death penalty would be too kind. Let him die locked up in the sex offender unit - and live through years of the hell that comes to a chi-mo in prison when his fellow inmates find out what he's in prison for.

06/24/12 11:24 pm

In other words: use science to find out what makes people tick.
Im generally against abortion but if genome analysis should reveal a 100% potential to become a predator, sexual or physical, he/she shouldn't be allowed to be carried to term.

06/24/12 11:18 pm

@EarlyBird: you are VERY early depending on your time zone but I agree.
But if a predisposition to prey on children should be genetic we can grab the problem by the roots.

cubsfan
06/24/12 10:05 pm

I assume he'll sit in his cell and beat off to the memories of the boys he made sweet love to. He won't die of prostate cancer, that's for sure!

EarlyBird Portland
06/24/12 9:42 pm

Praet- life in a mental hospital is ok by me but ONLY if they use him for studying. Those kids will never get their childhoods back but if something useful could come out of testing this monster, I'm for it .

dbrat East Coast
06/24/12 9:05 pm

No and I really don't know what prison will be like but I think he wouldn't last long at all. Then again, he'll probably be sequestered for his protection, ironic.

TheAntiLib Dutchess County, NY
06/24/12 7:44 pm

Let him get anally raped for the rest of his life.

jonny323
06/24/12 7:20 pm

@beach I say draw and quarter.

jonny323
06/24/12 7:17 pm

@indygirl that is a horrible idea. Castrating sexual deviants turns them into brutal murderers.

jonny323
06/24/12 7:16 pm

@praetorian I like the psych evaluation idea but they'd only need a small amount of them to research.

06/24/12 5:42 pm

Those who support the dp here should consequently also support it for longterm domestic physical abuse. A father who cruelly beats the crap out of wife and kids for years with no escape for them is no better than a rapist.
And adults deserve the same protection as kids from any kind of abuse.

widdy76 always here
06/24/12 5:01 pm

I vote yes, only bc we as tax payers have to pay for his room and board, but on the other hand, death is an easy way out. he will learn what he did to all those kids in prison.

FakeSound Arizona
06/24/12 4:30 pm

Prison inmates know how to handle child molesters, especially old, white ones who look like the men who have run their lives into the ground. Why give him death when he can deal with much worse?

06/24/12 3:23 pm

No. Have him in prison. Put him with all the criminals. Prisoners hate the pedophiles. They'll gang up on him and make his life miserable. They'll give him a taste of his own medicine.

06/24/12 2:27 pm

Pedosadism is sick in the medical sense and incurable.
Thats why I say forensic psych ward for life.
Studying the brain of violent sex offenders will probably not show up anything; live brain activity scans might.

catslax
06/24/12 2:13 pm

He's going to be the oldest person ever if he lives his sentence at the minimum, he'd be over 500 years old at the maximum, not to mention a noose and a stool is a lot cheaper than keeping him in jail.

OldLady
06/24/12 1:52 pm

IF he did this to me or mine! take the 2 million from the never drive again question, and subsidize someones pay to WATCH him so nothing "happened" to him in prison.

06/24/12 1:48 pm

A. The death penalty takes too long, may never get executed
B. It's too expensive
C. He may get away in appeals
D. Life in prison is more of a punishment