Cannibal April 26th, 2016 3:25pm

If a brother and sister committed incest, but they use protection, it improves their relationship, and ultimately harms no one due to it being a secret, is it still morally wrong?

Cannibal
04/26/16 3:49 pm

Sorry that I made you guys think.

Cannibal
04/26/16 3:35 pm

I said it improved their relationship and that there was no side effect. This was meant to be an exercise in how much emotion drives us, even when all evidence points towards the opposite. Emotivism. I guess I didn't specify enough

chickencookie It really is
04/26/16 11:47 am

Are you seeking permissionšŸ¤”

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
04/26/16 11:14 am

Depends. Is mom still live-streaming it?

jvberg Winter has Come
04/26/16 10:59 am

What happens when the king dies and then it is thrown into light that the new king and all the royal children are all bastards from their uncle? I'll tell you what happens! The north calls for civil war while the 2 brothers of the now dead king fight each other, the rightful brother wins, and then the whole 7 kingdoms go to hell. It's that simple folks!!

liam2013 iowa
04/26/16 10:04 am

I think the long term effect may hamper the two's ability to form mature relationships later.

kscott516 EB rules
04/26/16 10:04 am

Seriously?! How can so many people think it's morally ok for a guy to screw his sister? Our world has a major sickness brewing.

bethanyq Ess Eff
04/26/16 9:53 am

If it genuinely does no harm to anyone, I don't see how you can argue it's wrong. That said, if they have to keep it a secret that suggests that there might otherwise be some actual harm. That part concerns me somewhat so I'm a bit hesitant.

I do understand it may merely be stigma, which I see as harmful only to the stigmatized individuals (in which case, that's their choice assuming they are consenting adults with full capacity).

EveRose Certified Trans Gendercapitalist
04/26/16 9:37 am

What two consenting adults do in their own private spaces isn't my business.

sydwel
04/26/16 9:36 am

It's not appropriate to me, but it should be legal at least. It's not the government's job to criminalize behavior that doesn't harm anyone else.

MrMilkdud
04/26/16 9:35 am

Aside from the obvious intrinsic issues with incest:

While your question assumes benefits for their relationship, what about the long term negative effects of an illicit sexual relationship that will produce a certain amount of instability, either in their own relationship or in their relationships with others.

For example, what about the long term pressure of coping with the burden of keeping it secret and the inevitable anxiety over being discovered?
Wouldn't that also mean they are likely to eventually have to keep this secret from their spouses? Serious secrets, particularly ones like this, can significantly damage a marriage.
What happens when one of them wants to stop this aspect of their relationship? It's unlikely that won't have negative results for one or both of them that are significantly worse and different than normal relationships because of their inherent isolation and secrecy.
Also, no birth control is perfect, so there will always be a risk of pregnancy.

Cannibal
04/26/16 3:35 pm

You thought through it too much. I said it improved their relationship and that there was no side effect. This was meant to be an exercise in how much emotion drives us, even when all evidence points towards the opposite. Emotivism.

MrMilkdud
04/26/16 3:37 pm

I just applied the natural and logical issues that would arise from such a relationship.

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/26/16 9:30 am

It's completely acceptable if you are an atheist.

kscott516 EB rules
04/26/16 9:25 am

"Improves their relationship"? WTF?!

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
04/26/16 9:22 am

This user is currently being ignored

Cannibal
04/26/16 3:32 pm

I think you missed the point of this question

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
04/26/16 3:45 pm

This user is currently being ignored

kscott516 EB rules
04/26/16 7:24 pm

Degenerate - someone who makes morally wrong choices. No, I got it just fine. Any questions?

Cannibal