TopsQueen April 25th, 2016 7:42pm

It is get fit Monday how are you doing? I'm getting plenty of walking, unfortunately, I still do some binge eating. How has your week gone?

teachinla California
04/28/16 9:44 am

I've been hit with a heavy bout of Montezuma's revenge, which means I will miss going to a convention this weekend.

phen nebraska
04/28/16 6:57 am

Mainly just walking the dog a few times a day. Other than that it's lazy day times. Need motivation

tayen Illinois
04/26/16 1:05 pm

It's been okay, but not as well as I'd like. My schedule makes it difficult to have a good chunk of time to get to the gym. My current goal is to work that into a couple places in my weekly routine.

caboose2050 Blood Gulch
04/26/16 8:30 am

Gone for two 4 mile runs so far this week.

Sicilian New Orleans, La
04/26/16 12:47 am

I'm sitting here eating some Nilla Waffers and milk now that my Popeye's has settled around my waist. Draw your own conclusions lol.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/25/16 6:26 pm

I'm just holding my own this week.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 7:43 pm

That is good. Better than losing ground. In my TOPS club if you stay the same we call it a turtle. We applaud you.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/25/16 3:16 pm

I'm doing fairly well with eating. I still need to get more activity in. But I've been studying a lot.

susanr Colorado
04/25/16 2:35 pm

I'm doing very well with eating, and moderately well with exercise - well, brisk walks anyway. My scale hasn't budged, though, so I'm taking a closer look at the food. And I should probably add some other kind of exercise to bump things up a bit.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/25/16 3:25 pm

Didn't you walk five miles the other day? I was impressed with that !

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 4:21 pm

I hear you. I think I might have to start weighing instead of eyeballing.

susanr Colorado
04/25/16 5:45 pm

Camino - Yeah, I hit 5 miles (actually 5.74) one day last week, and I've gone at least 4 miles on 3 other day, but there were 3 days when I didn't walk a whole mile. I just got back from a walk and I'm up to 4.58 miles for the day, so far. It's the days when I don't get out much at all that bother me.

On the other hand, my feet start hurting at least by mile 4, so it's hard to talk myself into doing it *every* day. Next week I have a walk that's usually at least 6 miles; 7 if I take the long way home.

susanr Colorado
04/25/16 5:52 pm

Tops - I can't trust myself to eyeball very well, or even go by how my clothes fit (my waistbands are all elastic). I *have* to weigh. I try to do it daily, at the same time (before breakfast, and naked). I don't worry about small ups & downs, but just watch the general trend.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/25/16 5:54 pm

That's great, Susan 👍

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 6:12 pm

I weigh me every morning. Talking about measuring and weighing my food. I did that when I lost so much weight.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/25/16 7:26 pm

Tops, I've probably already told you that when I lost a lot of weight, my focus was on sticking with the program, not with trying to lose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time. Sometimes you can be really good, and the scale doesn't go down.

Rosebud Ohio
04/25/16 7:53 pm

I was weighing daily until the cake stuck at the same number for a month then slowly started to climb. It drove me nuts because I was eating right.

Then I started a new med and it turned out that I had a health issue causing the stagnation and gain. Also discovered that my scale isn't accurate - I'm down 6lbs and it still says I'm not (against what 3 other scales say).

Not sure exactly my point here. Maybe just commodory?

Celadonne ballfield
04/25/16 2:29 pm

I've done great with eating but not with workouts. I'm just too tired by 10pm, when finally I'm not required to fill any obligations

Rosebud Ohio
04/25/16 7:54 pm

Is getting up earlier an option? Or doing small body weight things through the day? Like 10 pushups when you need a mental break or some squats while reading something.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/25/16 2:13 pm

I've been bad, bad, bad. Procrastinating on everything. Maybe, tomorrow...

imanag My heaven on Earth
04/25/16 2:20 pm

Tomorrow is another day . . . 😊

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 4:22 pm

Hi Miss Scarlet

Rosebud Ohio
04/25/16 2:06 pm

Fantastic finally! Joined a gym Friday, worked out Saturday and today, and I'm taking a yoga class tonight as long as chem doesn't run over. I've also had a lot of salad, very little wheat, lost 4lbs because my new IBS meds work well which means the plateau is broken! Yay. And I've been so hungry too haha.

Overall a really lovely change.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 2:07 pm

Yesterday was one of those days I could eat everything in sight.

Rosebud Ohio
04/25/16 7:50 pm

I had brunch with my mom which included baileys in my coffee and wheat free banana pancakes. Then I finished off what she couldn't of her yogurt granola fruit bowl. Lots of chocolate and I'm sure calories but so tasty!

It's hard to fight hunger. Hell cravings even. Ended up with a bag of popcorn and a cup of coffee while writing a paper because I started stressing and it helped some.

I know you know this, but just keep it balanced as much as you can. Have a glass of water or sugar free tea when you have a craving. Go for a walk. Do something. Boredom and thirst can be horrible enemies to trying to eat well.

sgkitty new york
04/25/16 2:01 pm

Day 15 of the Whole 30. Don't feel like I lost any weight, but 15 days without Diet Pepsi (or caffeine) has been a first. Going to the gym shortly, so this is a good week so far.

MyRedSkirt Cali
04/25/16 2:25 pm

I had a friend whose scale rarely budged but she lost inches.

sgkitty new york
04/25/16 2:27 pm

Hope that happens to me. I do not feel any lighter, but hope to in the next 15 days. Thanks for letting me know about your friend.

imanag My heaven on Earth
04/25/16 1:04 pm

Aside from the disappointing realization this afternoon (after we arrived) that there's no p.m. childcare at the gym, I did have some nice bike rides this past week. The weather was great last week.

MyRedSkirt Cali
04/25/16 12:52 pm

Plan on joining Weight Watchers this week & start Zumba at home.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 2:09 pm

I go to TOPS, take off pounds sensibly. It's a nonprofit weight loss support group. That's how I got my name if you lose the most weight and reach your goal weight you are the king or queen.

jvc1133 61535
04/25/16 12:51 pm

So far, SoGood

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 12:48 pm

Tons of walking in. 11 miles yesterday. Today I'm doing housework. However I'm very good all day and then at night if I can't sleep I will binge eat. My friends that pray I could use it.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
04/25/16 1:20 pm

Prayers for your self-discipline. I know how very hard it can be. Have a terrific week.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/25/16 2:14 pm

That's exactly when I eat - when I can't sleep at night, or when I wake up in the night.