bethanyq April 25th, 2016 5:04am

Anyone wanna talk about the Game of Thrones premiere?

Wino I need a drink
04/25/16 1:01 pm

Where is Bran and the other brother?!?! Come on. And I don't believe that Snow is dead yet, I think the Red Lady might have a trick up her sleeve yet. I think "no one is safe" except Arya, Dansa, Daenerys, and Jon. Though I'm always rooting for Tyrion (because he makes me laugh). There is so much still missing from the books and I wish they would include it!

bethanyq Ess Eff
04/25/16 1:09 pm

Rickon - I'm trying to remember what happened to him. Did Hodor stay with him to keep him safe? I know Bran went off with the kid from Love Actually and wound up in the cave with the white walker king. I think that's what happened. Right?

Man, I really should've rewatched before starting the new season.

But I agree it would've been nice to at least get like a three-minute scene or something. That's about all Arya had but at least we know she's definitely still alive.

I would think Tyrion is safer than at least one of either Arya or Sansa, and between the two, I think Arya is safer. But then again, I do think that as between Jon and Sansa one of them needs to be safe. If they DO resurrect Jon I will be a little annoyed (happy, but annoyed), but I predict that will mean Sansa can now die.

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
04/25/16 4:49 pm

Per the show, Rickon and Shaggydog are with Osha heading for the Last Hearth, home of the Umbers.
Per the books, they're elsewhere.

Wino I need a drink
04/25/16 7:11 pm

Thanks arcto! I get confused between the show and books sometimes. Now that you say it, it comes back.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/25/16 10:37 pm

I am SO wondering when Lady Stark is going to reanimate. She does in the 3rd book. After I get done with the two books I'm reading now, I'm reading those books

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/25/16 12:57 pm

Quit watching last year because of the violence and foul language. Watched with my husband and daughter last night and was pleasantly surprised that it was so much less. I had to be filled in on the story line however

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/25/16 4:55 am

I need to reread the books because I forgot so much. Plus I don't have HBO so I didn't see last season yet. I had a free preview this weekend so I did watch. I did not know what the hell was going on. Damn memory blows. I do remember Arya going blind, and the Queen being humiliated. I will watch it on Netflix though unless I buy it

TheCameron UCF
04/24/16 10:22 pm

Still dislike the Dorne storyline, how the hell did those 2 get on the boat?
Glad they're using an actually wolf for Ghost instead of CGI.
No Bran this episode?
Where the hell is Littlefinger?
Also Dany should have totally been recognized by someone in the Dothraki group, but they wanted a dramatic reveal.
Really liked the Arya scene, and Sansa and Brienne scene.

bethanyq Ess Eff
04/24/16 10:55 pm

Wait, which two on the boat?

The dothraki thing initially confused me but I think it's that they have totally different tribes, and I would guess that Khal Drogo's people who didn't go with her ended up somewhere else.

Omg Sansa finally accepted Brienne's help. God I bet she wished she'd done that way earlier. Love the blind fighting scene too. I'm starting to wonder if the blonde girl is someone Arya has already met?

I can't wait until Sansa kills Littlefinger. Oh god I hope they give her a really good revenge scene.

(That's not a book spoiler bc the next book isn't written yet. It's a prediction)

TheCameron UCF
04/24/16 11:03 pm

The two that killed Trystane, and I know that's not a spoiler, I've read the books.

TheCameron UCF
04/24/16 11:05 pm

Yea they have different tribes, but Drogo's khalsar was so huge that plently of them would have ended up in Moro's.

bethanyq Ess Eff
04/24/16 11:46 pm

I've been both legit spoiled and fake spoiled enough that I didn't want to leave any lingering potential for hair-tearing ;)

I thought Trystane stayed in Dorne? Probably should've rewatched last season first...

bethanyq Ess Eff
04/24/16 10:05 pm

Overall I'm glad that they're following through and Jon Snow is actually dead. It makes me sad, but I'm so used to shows where supposedly "no one is safe" meaning "well except this guy and this guy." Now let's see if they kill Dany or Tyrion! 😱

bethanyq Ess Eff
04/24/16 10:07 pm

However I'm totes bummed that they chucked Dr. Bashir. It makes me want a war. Ye gods this show has me rooting for Lanisters.