ikeurban21 April 24th, 2016 11:54pm

Christians: Have you ever heard of the Azusa Street Revival?

MrMilkdud
04/25/16 8:44 am

I'm not an authority on this particular event, but from what I understand it was just another chapter in the late 19th c. neo-montanist movement. Typically those things are fraught with theological errors, extra-biblical revelations, and provide excellent case studies for religiously induced mass hysteria that can lead to all sorts of false experiences of spirituality.

MyRedSkirt Cali
04/25/16 5:50 am

Yes sir! I've heated it preached about many times! Fellow "holy roller" here. 👅👅👅

ikeurban21 B L C
04/25/16 6:08 am

It's really cool to hear about

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/24/16 5:38 pm

Yes - birthplace of the modern Charismatic/Pentecostal movement. 👍✟

ikeurban21 B L C
04/24/16 5:57 pm

Just learned about them today, as well as their 100 year prophecy. It's cool to see what they talk about align with both what happens at my church as well as the Bible itself. I believe with all my heart God is gonna do great things really soon, and I want to be a part of it

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/24/16 6:35 pm

You will be, Ike. You already are. Two questions for you:
1) I'm not familiar with the 100-year prophecy. Can you give me a link or a source?
2) Out of curiosity, what denomination (if any) is the church you attend? Is it a Spirit-filled church?
Thanks, buddy. God bless you richly!

ikeurban21 B L C
04/24/16 6:44 pm

1).
blog.amightywind.com/shekinah-glory-return-100-year-old-prophecy-from-azusa-revival-fulfilled/

2) Yes it's spirit filled. Non denominational but I just call it Pentecostal because it fits.

ikeurban21 B L C
04/24/16 6:47 pm

Our pastors have been prophesying about something that will happen soon, and they believe it will be big. (Ha I bet other people looking on will think we're nuts😄). I'm really excited to get to be a part of it. Our pastors have been preaching off of Romans 8:18-23 recently and it's been blowing my mind

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/25/16 3:28 pm

Keep me informed. Have you read Jonathan Cahn's "The Mystery of the Shemitah"? It fits with what you're talking about.