JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
04/21/16 8:54 pm

I say ALL lives matter from conception to natural death, regardless of race , gender, mental/physical disability etc. every life matters!

ashytoasty Texas, USA
04/21/16 7:36 pm

All lives matter. I understand the point of this movement is because there is inequality among people based on their class and race. There inequality in other social areas as well. I've encountered multiple jerks that affiliate themselves with the black lives matter movement. They were racist to me when I'm basically agreeing with them. Guess they don't need my help.

wtb18
04/21/16 6:40 pm

Black lives matter has evolved and become almost as bad as the toxicity of the modern feminist movement

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 5:35 pm

Of course everyones life matters. But #blacklivesmatter is specifically pointing out that they matter as well and shouldn't be dismissed as easily as they are.

swavy007
04/21/16 5:42 pm

I agree

TheDouble
04/21/16 5:54 pm

Yet at rally's there have been numerous black pride groups advocating that only black lives matter.

TheDouble
04/21/16 5:55 pm

"Black lives matter" is such a sh*t movement. I understand they want to get out there and express what they feel, but violence isn't the answer for that. And it's a shame to see it.... Not helping their case

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 6:54 pm

The fact that black individuals represent an entire race or movement to anyone is exactly their point.
Black people are not a monolith. They are individuals. One person's actions don't reflect on every member of their race, not matter who they are.

TheDouble
04/21/16 6:57 pm

It's not one person though.

TheDouble
04/21/16 6:57 pm

So many videos are out showing black people stomping on flags, burning flags.... It's a disgrace

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 7:01 pm

I never said one person?

Do you think that those videos and photos are even 1% of black people? Do you think that there aren't white people who do the same?
There are literally users on this site that are antiAmerican and say we shouldn't be a democracy, they're white. But I don't think that all white people are like that.

TheDouble
04/21/16 7:04 pm

You literally said "one persons actions blah blah blah" no I understand that, but I think for black people to be fighting for "their rights" even though they earned those years ago so it seems unnecessary, it's not a good look to act as they do. Doesn't matter if it's 1% or 100%.

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 7:42 pm

And I literally said the word "individuals" twice before that.

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 7:45 pm

If you don't think that black people are discriminated on then you're trying to distort reality.
Young black men are more likely to be killed than any other group. That is what they are standing for.

And before you bring up the shitty "black on black" thing, they stand up against that as well. But how can they resolve their issues within the justice system when they can't trust it in the first place?

TheDouble
04/21/16 7:49 pm

But that's not because their black. That's because of where they live. Black people who live in a rich town probably aren't going to end up dead from a gang shooting. Black people who live in a poor town have a higher chance of that. Same with any race, killing doesn't always have to do with color.

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 8:05 pm

But sometimes it does. It isn't controversial to protest the unfair killing of people just because people are more afraid of those with black skin.

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 8:06 pm

And if what you are saying checked, then poor people of all races would be murdered at the same rate, but that isn't the case.

TheDouble
04/21/16 8:07 pm

Is it fair though to argue "black lives matter" when every race is being killed because they are a certain color.

TheDouble
04/21/16 8:09 pm

Poor people of all races are murdered.... You don't hear about it though because White people are holding rally's arguing that white lives matter. Neither are Asians... Etc.

Also. Before you take it out of context, I don't mean only poor people are murdered. Just statistics and common since. Will prove that lower income areas have a higher murder rate

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
04/21/16 8:29 pm

But they're not killed at the same rate. I don't get this opinion from the media. I get it from the FBI's crime report.

TheDouble
04/21/16 8:31 pm

Okay but you have to logically take in the fact that most gangs are black. Aka black on black violence aka more black people killed aka hypocritical of "black lives matter"