17millionTwats Leeds, UK
04/21/16 6:26 am

Honestly i couldnt really care less, id just call them by whatever they want to be called and not make an unnecessary fuss over something so stupidly trivial

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/21/16 5:58 am

Oh for heavens sake. Whoopi Goldberg's real name is Caryn Johnson, but who calls her Caryn? Woody Allen's real name is Allan Konigsberg. Bruno Mars is actually named Peter Hernendez. Miley Cyrus? Destiny Cyrus. Everybody on this earth calls people by their preferred name but for some reason you draw the line at transgender people to make some type of point? Unbelievable.

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/21/16 5:45 am

He still has a penis so he is still Bruce.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/21/16 4:30 am

Neither science nor magic can ever make him a woman - it's in your DNA. So it's Bruce.

sydwel
04/21/16 1:25 am

Caitlyn. I try to show very basic human decency and address people by their name, even if that's not the name given on their birth certificate. Just as if you were born "John" and you introduced yourself to me as "Jack," I'm not going to rudely insist on calling you "John" every opportunity I get.

Rotavele Alabama
04/21/16 1:23 am

If you're born with the name Matthew and go by Matt, you should only be called Matthew. It's the way God intended it.
/s

sydwel
04/21/16 1:27 am

It would be extremely disrespectful to Matthew's parents to call him "Matt."

This is an actual argument someone gave me once in support of refusing to call people the name they want to be called.

Rotavele Alabama
04/21/16 1:29 am

That's sad. The right wing will stand for any argument that allows them to focus on hate.

kscott516 EB rules
04/21/16 5:07 am

It's not hate to call them by their legally given name. If a person told you to address them as Jumpin' Jabberwocky, would you honestly do it? No

Rosebud Ohio
04/21/16 7:49 am

As a parent, call my kids what they want to be called. I gave them each 3 perfectly good names for a reason, and most of those names have nicknames. If they decided something else was better I'd be a little sad because I love their names, but it is what they live with so it's their choice.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/20/16 11:11 pm

Caitlyn, but this is a non-issue.

ThinkAtheist
04/20/16 9:12 pm

Damn, is this really that hard? Her name is legally Caitlyn. End of story.