Show Of Hands April 20th, 2016 7:39pm

Do you ride a motorcycle on a regular basis?

bmottly Upstate New York
04/26/16 5:55 pm

There is nothing like 175 horsepower sitting between your legs and blowing the doors off any hot rod on the street. I have a Tuono V4. It's one hell of a machine. Thank you Aprilia.

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
04/23/16 3:22 pm

I rent a few times a year.
Today was one of these days.
A Dyna LowRider!!!
Love a Day in the Wind 😛

RobinHood84
04/23/16 1:46 pm

I ride my bike often, but still have a car...lived in Seattle and learned the hard way

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
04/21/16 5:20 pm

I have only ridden on a bike one time. A co-worker picked me up when it was raining and gave me lift to work. He was a big guy and got all wet. I was mostly dry riding on the back.

Conservatron Zachary, Louisiana
04/21/16 12:58 pm

I've always thought about it. Motorcycles are certainly cool.

JulieB The Lake House
04/20/16 11:37 pm

In the medical world, we call them donorcycles. So no.

allowishish
04/21/16 7:10 am

In the motorcycle world we call your car a metal coffin. Or a cage.

allowishish
04/21/16 7:14 am

Plenty of professionals in the 'medical world' ride. So please do not make it sound like you speak for the 'medical world' by saying no.

That's like saying 'in the medical world we call sex the STD giver, so no, I don't have sex'.

There are dangers to everything and ways to intelligently mitigate those dangers.

(Hint: education should be step one)

JulieB The Lake House
04/21/16 6:20 pm

All I'm saying is it's a choice. I worked with an ER director that rode a donorcycle without a helmet.

phirenze
04/20/16 11:30 pm

No but I ride one on an irregular basis.

Ducatiendo
04/20/16 11:10 pm

Just got back from a 3 hour ride and this is one of the first polls I see. Ducati, R6, and Zx10R on a regular basis. Rain, snow, idc

secondamendment
04/21/16 6:27 am

What kinda Ducati. I saw a white Panigale yesterday and I almost died lol

JamesStL
04/20/16 10:44 pm

I had a motorcycle for two years but I don't miss it that much. City riding was fun but didn't like the constant wind above 55 mph. Maybe a cruiser with a big windshield is my thing.

dryanmorr
04/20/16 10:30 pm

Not regularly....I do have a Harley for pleasure.

NinerNation Conservatarian
04/20/16 10:07 pm

No, but I really want a motorcycle to ride around on, they are damn expensive though.

secondamendment
04/21/16 6:28 am

Are you looking at Harleys? Cause you can get a decent sport bike on Craigslist for <$4000

dfish at home
04/21/16 11:54 am

I got my first motorcycle (450 Honda Rebel (a great starter bike)) for $1700 last year on Craigslist

Wizzobutter
04/20/16 8:30 pm

Last year I bought a used moped and use it for most of my short trips now, weather permitting. This was my first motor bike at age 58. It is a blast to drive, even though it tops out at 35 MPH. I might get a faster scooter this summer. Most speed limits around here are 40 MPH.

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/20/16 7:48 pm

My dad has one and occasionally I have ridden on it with him. It's fun!

allowishish
04/20/16 7:47 pm

I ride an average of 30,000 miles a year.
So yes.

Trying to decide between Moab this weekend or some kayaking.

susanr Colorado
04/20/16 7:37 pm

Not after a car ran into my thigh while I was a passenger on one, but before that, yes.

susanr Colorado
04/21/16 1:08 pm

You know, I honestly can't remember, but I don't think so. It was a long time ago (Sept 1966) but I think the only damage to either of us was to my right thigh, so I doubt it. The car was moving *very* slowly when it hit - it had taken an illegal left turn into our path, and had almost stopped, but it *did* hit my thigh.

Fortunately nothing was broken, but I had a hell of a bruise on the whole side of the thigh, and was on crutches for a couple weeks. I remember lots of specific things from that event, but nor really whether the bike hit the ground or not. It did put me off riding on a motorcycle, though.

susanr Colorado
04/21/16 8:52 pm

Hey, I thought we were pretty lucky. I saw that car coming directly at us and figured we were going to get hit really bad. This was long before cell phones and texting, so at least they realized what they were doing eventually.

coggy iowa
04/20/16 7:28 pm

I ride daily, weather permitting. It's a great stress reliever and provides such a feeling of freedom and abandonment. I've ridden my whole life but I've discouraged my kids involvement with motorcycles. The number of distracted drivers on the roads today scares me. I wish there was more enforcement of texting while driving.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
04/20/16 6:39 pm

I had a triumph bonneville most recently but I sold it -- I miss it thoroughly!

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/20/16 6:28 pm

Indeed I most certainly do. Such pure joy. Today was the blue one. Next up, the yellow one, tomorrow or the next day after I change the oil.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
04/20/16 6:01 pm

Not in several years, but I would happily with someone that I trust!

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
04/20/16 5:48 pm

No. My mom would disown me. But I'd love to buy an Indian someday. Made in Iowa!

biker4life Arizona
04/20/16 5:46 pm

Almost daily. However mine is down right now for some upgrades and changes, it'll be back up and running for the weekend.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/20/16 5:45 pm

In nice weather, I ride on the back of my husband's almost every weekend.