Kay41 April 20th, 2016 1:13am

Target's new policy allows transgender employers/customers to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender identity making them the first big retailer to take a stance on this issue. Will this policy result in an increase or decrease in sales?

Wackacrat Harford County
04/21/16 4:20 am

I don't think it will increase sales. The whole thing is stupid. I mean, just pick the bathroom you want to go in. Is there going to be someone there looking at birth certificates? And shame on the perv who inspects during elimination to determine it

rons screw politicians
04/20/16 4:29 pm

Just take the bathroom signs down.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/20/16 3:43 pm

I don't think I've ever used the bathroom in a Target store, or wanted to.

04/20/16 3:29 pm

Good on Target for not succumbing to the hateful rhetoric of religious extremists and domestic terrorists

myob
04/20/16 12:50 pm

No more potty break's at Target😖

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/20/16 11:09 am

As long as they're not disgusting I don't care if a transgender rabbut eats cabbage in a tutu. 😨😨

TomM
04/20/16 10:16 am

Beyond the short term, a few days when it's in the news, I don't think it will make any difference.

DonWichita Kansas
04/20/16 9:51 am

If true, then Target is off our shopping list. My wife doesn't want any male just waltzing in at any time he wants.
Don't have a real problem with the fully trans folks because they are fully committed, but do have A problem with perverts and predators who are not fully trans.

04/20/16 10:00 am

If you were truly concerned about the safety of women you wouldn't insist on trans women using the men's restroom. Or better yet, you would advocate for proper sentencing so trans women aren't sent to men's prisons, etc. But, of course, we all know this argument has nothing to do with actual safety of women and everything to do with anti-trans sentiments.

DonWichita Kansas
04/20/16 10:11 am

Ibakes. Never said anything negative about the fully trans folks, only the male perverts and predators that will use women's restrooms just because they say they want to be recognized as a woman today.
If you read my comment you should easily see that I advocate in favor of the fully trans folks.

04/20/16 10:16 am

Male perverts who want to creep on women in restrooms will do it whether or not trans people are allowed to use the correct restroom, they'll do it outside of restrooms too. It's not a matter of me not "reading the whole comment" - it's a matter of you presenting a nonsensical argument.

DonWichita Kansas
04/20/16 11:05 am

Ibakes. My point is still that the new proposed laws allow male perverts & predators to creep in with impunity, no consequences, no penalties. The new proposed laws just open the door wide open for them with no recourse.
Is that what you want??

04/20/16 12:10 pm

No it doesn't. This law does not allow peeping toms in the bathroom nor does it allow secret recording of people in bathrooms. It's just a fear-mongering talking point in the same vein as "gay marriage?! Next people will want to marry their dogs!!!!"

DonWichita Kansas
04/20/16 12:28 pm

And your previous comment you said "Male perverts who want to creep on women in restrooms will do it whether or not trans people are allowed". At least The original law would prosecute those who do. It goes beyond peeking & recording (try to use your imagination to what is noisily going on in the stall next to you). The new proposed laws permit that.
Is that what you are wanting?

04/20/16 12:36 pm

Peeping toms will still be prosecuted. The law does not allow a free pass. Come on.

DonWichita Kansas
04/20/16 2:23 pm

You are still just reading and responding to the portions of the comments that aggravate you. Again, like I said before, it goes beyond peeking and recording.

04/20/16 2:38 pm

No, I'm not. Unfortunately I have read the entirety of each of your comments in this thread, and have responded accordingly.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
04/20/16 4:40 pm

I'm not understanding you Don. If a trans person goes into the bathroom, and starts recording me under the stall or standing on the toilet to peer in and see me pooping, they'd be prosecuted just as much as a woman doing it in a women's restroom or a man in a men's restroom.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
04/20/16 4:41 pm

If by "noisily happening in the stall next to you" you mean masturbating, they'd get prosecuted just as much as a man wanking it in a men's public restroom, or a woman in a women's restroom.

DonWichita Kansas
04/20/16 4:47 pm

I already said it goes beyond peeking & recording. Doesn't anybody read the full comments?

DonWichita Kansas
04/20/16 5:08 pm

Coopertrooper. To your second comment.
Do you think they will really be prosecuted? Ibakes says it happens all the time anyway. Don't hear much about past prosecutions. The proposed new Law will increase these occurrences, so hopefully the prosecutions will increase also.
I say the crime will increase and prosecutions will decline because the fear of violating the perverts temporary identity crisis when he gets horny.
Again I repeat for the third time, I don't have a problem with those who are fully Trans.

jayblake22
04/20/16 9:04 am

It will increase men getting a free show. I may feel like a women this weekend and check out some chicks pooping to put on YouTube.

04/20/16 9:25 am

Women's bathrooms have stalls. With doors. And walls. And a lock. What kind of free show is going to happen? The fully-clothed strut from the stall to the sink?

jayblake22
04/20/16 9:32 am

How naive. Didn't you read the story of the girl that got suspended just recently for recoding her classmate using the restroom over the stahl

04/20/16 9:55 am

Didn't you read the story about how anecdotes aren't representative of reality?

jayblake22
04/20/16 2:52 pm

Statistics are made of nothing more than compiled anecdotes.

04/20/16 5:26 pm

Whew. There's a comment full of statistical ignorance.

jayblake22
04/20/16 5:54 pm

Explain yourself! How is it incorrect? All stats are absolutely 100% compilations of anecdotes. Please explain how that is wrong sir.

04/20/16 6:15 pm

An anecdote is the antithesis to statistical norms in terms of representation, by their very nature.

jayblake22
04/21/16 8:38 am

That statement is the antithesis of wrong. An anecdote alone has no relationship to statistics. The meaning of the word isn't relevant in terms of statistics. It's simply a biographical incident. Many together however do create statistics.

04/21/16 9:21 am

*facepalm*

dawl adulting
04/20/16 7:16 am

I don't think it will make a difference. Then again, I didn't think people would be boycotting Jcpenney because of Ellen either, so we'll see.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
04/20/16 10:05 am

ellen DeGeneres? What happened with her and JcPenney?

dawl adulting
04/20/16 2:41 pm

Yeah there was boycotting and drama when they partnered with her a while back.

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 6:08 am

I don't think it will make a difference in the long run. Those offended shoppers will head on down to the local Walmart.

shygal47 Florida east coast
04/20/16 6:16 am

:) where you can always find something far more interesting to capture your attention than a unisex bathroom... at least that's what some of the "Wal-Mart shoppers pix" emails tout.

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 6:21 am

lol! Exactly! Although I don't get that here. Kind of sad!

Rosebud Ohio
04/20/16 7:19 am

I get it here sometimes. It's normally just the classless and confusing people, like a woman the other day. Obese, men's gym type clothes, hair hadn't been brushed in quite a while but perfect fake nails. She ate candy while waiting in line and grabbed a soda to drink. Not sure if she paid for either. Then she had 3 separate items not recognized by the register and tried to throw a fit over it.

That was something to see...

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 7:44 am

Eek. When I frequented Pittsburgh, there was a Walmart close to the West Virginia border...if I only had an iPhone then.

commonman1 Peace
04/20/16 3:24 am

They should post this outside the restrooms.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/19/16 11:58 pm

I do not go to Target to use the restroom. Not that it would matter either way. I imagine there would be a net change of Zero.

TheCameron UCF
04/19/16 10:56 pm

I suspect that since those credit card #s gotten stolen, that their sales have been rebounding and I suspect that that will continue with or without this new policy.

teachinla California
04/19/16 9:59 pm

It won't bother me, as long as they make each cubicle completely private.

dale41 Lets play two
04/19/16 9:57 pm

The liberal Walmart. Ahead of the curve and will have no business effect. It is like getting rid of the pink coloring in the toys aisles.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
04/19/16 9:20 pm

This enter restroom gender issue is ridiculous. I suspect there have been times a transgender person was in a restroom the same time I was. Did I notice? No. Did I care? No. This entire scheme was started by a bigot. It is not worth the time to even discuss. Live & let live! 99.9% of all transgenderes are not going to do anything out of the ordinary in a restroom.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
04/19/16 11:59 pm

It isn't the transgenders that I am worried about.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
04/19/16 9:11 pm

So this: images.hngn.com/data/images/full/173886/2f478ce700000578-3356084-image-m-24_1449848012626-jpg.jpg?w=650 will be in the same bathroom with a 6 year old girl. Very "progressive" Target...

RyanX
04/19/16 10:30 pm

Oh god forbid. And these idiotic laws will mean fine men like this will have to be in the same bathroom as your 6 year old daughter: instinctmagazine.com/post/get-know-new-transgender-mens-health-cover-model

We get it, you think trans people are "icky". That's really fine. Dumb, but fine. But that doesn't have any relation to all these alleged 6 year old daughters who are going to apparently all suddenly be traumatized by trans folks coming out of the woodwork to... pee? How ever will they cope?!

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
04/20/16 4:19 am

If you look like a man, or woman you'll probably be fine and no one will stop you. However if you allow all of them to use the bathroom they like you'll get my example in the women's bathroom.

RyanX
04/20/16 5:47 am

And? So because someone isn't the prettiest to look at they shouldn't be able to comfortably use a restroom? So you think they'll "do" anything or is it just the sight of them that alarms you? What about very masculine lesbians with short hair who identify as female? They've been managing just fine in the women's room for years now, why is that not an issue?

MrMilkdud
04/19/16 8:56 pm

I don't think it will make a huge difference, aside from filling up the WBC's calendar for a while.

I personally don't care which way a particular company falls on this issue, my main concern is simply that the government not be involved in dictating bathroom policies to anyone.

karion Illinois
04/19/16 8:30 pm

It's hard for me to care about this when there are so many more issues to resolve which affect a much larger portion of Americans - like poverty, crime, education, health disparities, global unrest. I don't care who pees in the stall next to me as long as I can't see their choice of genitals and they wash their hands.

leilu SoCal
04/19/16 8:24 pm

I do like seeing that it's the business that's deciding to do it and not the government that's forcing it. This is the way progress should be handled. Free market progress!

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/19/16 8:07 pm

I wouldn't expect it to have much impact, as few of us go to Target just to use the bathroom. I do see doing the right thing as a positive for the brand though.

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 6:25 am

Have you ever seen those war zones called bathrooms? Horrid. I'll never use a target bathroom because they can't keep it clean.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/20/16 6:53 am

You bring up a good point. Having it be clean enough to want to use is a much bigger issue than the non-issue of whether or not everyone in there who squats to pee technically has to. Sometimes you just make a U-turn right back out because you don't even want to walk on the floor, awash with who-knows-what. Not a Target problem, necessarily, but public restrooms in general.

Rosebud Ohio
04/20/16 7:22 am

The one near me is kept clean.

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 7:42 am

I'm making the trip to yours @rosebud !

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
04/19/16 7:51 pm

Now most parents taking kids to Target will likely want to keep them out of the washrooms...

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 6:26 am

This changes nothing for me. I've avoided public restrooms like the plague (except when traveling and need rest stops). Dirty places.

Rosebud Ohio
04/20/16 7:23 am

My kids will be using the restrooms the same amount they were before. Transgender people have been using the bathrooms that match their gender for years without issue.

political Georgia
04/19/16 7:45 pm

That's depressing

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/19/16 7:41 pm

What a shame. I liked Target. I have all my prescriptions there. But now I want them out of business.

RyanX
04/19/16 10:32 pm

Did you threaten to leave when they got rid of "boy toys" and "girl toys" aisle labels too?

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
04/19/16 10:39 pm

They're not going out of business lol

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 6:28 am

You want target out of business because of this?

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
04/20/16 10:10 am

You care so much about who is using the restroom at a store that you want them to close? I'll give you a hint, it's the same people who have always been using them. Would it terrify you to know that you've probably been shopping in target while a trans person was using the restroom? *GASP* Better avoid all stores with public bathrooms just in case.

04/20/16 3:28 pm

This is in the same vein as "how dare black people use OUR bathrooms"

04/20/16 4:00 pm

I'm surprised you're not ashamed of yourself for being such a heathen, Tom.

Christ compelled people to love everyone and treat everyone the same....I mean, that is your belief when it's convenient right?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/20/16 8:16 pm

OK, I'll answer all of you together. First, I'm saddened that any of you thought I was upset because of who would be in the bathroom with me. I'm 64 years old, and no one of either sex or any pseudo-gender will ever be physically attracted to me for the rest of my life.
No, I am concerned because I have a 13-month-old grandson and another grandson due in about a month. Plus other grandchildren to come. They will be taught, at appropriate ages, that:
• there are two sexes, male and female;
• gender is a grammatical concept, not a legitimate social one;
• you use the boys' bathroom if your plumbing is male, and the girls' bathroom if your plumbing is female;
• some people are mixed up about whether they're boys or girls, and we should be nice to them, but you never have to wonder what you are because God put you in a boy's (girl's) body, and He doesn't make mistakes.
No, this one issue is not all I hold against Target. It's been a downhill slide. As was mentioned above, the genderless...

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/20/16 8:22 pm

...toy aisles were part of it. Also, Dayton-Hudson, Parent company of Target and Mervyn's stores, is horribly pro-abortion. So I have to decide, should my money go to a company that is helping to destroy American values, or should it go elsewhere? I have to decide, not just as an individual, not just as a husband, not just as a father, but also as a grandfather. It's a heavy responsibility, but neither you nor the federal government can decide for me. I have the right to use the free market against companies that are destructive to America's future, just as many misguided companies are now boycotting North Carolina for its positive legislation.

04/20/16 8:31 pm

Being 64 years old, you understand why dehumanizing a segment of the population because of bizarre misguided beliefs is wrong. You lived through it with black people. If you refuse to acknowledge that modern medicine and science have figured out things you haven't, that's fine, but don't pretend you're not engaging in the same sort of discrimination the KKK was engaging in by wanting to keep black people out of the same bathrooms. It's reprehensible.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/20/16 8:51 pm

I'm not dehumanizing anyone. People who identify themselves as "transgendered" are still fully human, and deserving of love and understanding. But neither will I destigmatize their condition right out of existence, as the psychiatric profession did. Just as those who self-identify as bunny rabbits or space aliens, they are delusional and in need of therapy, not unquestioning acceptance.
You see, your analogy falls down on the simple fact that black people are black on the outside, not just in their minds.
I'm sorry if any or all of this offends you, as I can imagine it does. That's not my intent. You know that I love you as a person, and don't want to hurt you. But I have to speak the truth as I see it, just as you always do. I simply commented on this poll out of concern for the confusion this "restroom revolution" will cause my grandkids. Their welfare has to be my highest priority. I hope you can understand that. ❤️

04/20/16 8:54 pm

If you believe you understand genetics more than people who spend a decade becoming scientists or doctors, it's you who's the severely delusional one.

04/20/16 8:55 pm

That level of shameless arrogance is astounding.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/20/16 9:04 pm

It's not rocket science. There are many sources from which a layman can get a basic understanding of this topic. And an intelligent layman can compare them and evaluate their reasonableness.

04/20/16 9:19 pm

It takes about as much time to learn as rocket science, so yes, it is.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3402034/

You can start here. The genetic cause of what makes people transgender.

04/20/16 9:21 pm

you seem to hold rocket science in such high regard, it's a curious shame that you don't apply that to all science. Maybe because the rest of it demonstrates your errors. You don't have to be ashamed, although I understand why you would be in light of this fact.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/21/16 4:13 am

A psychotherapist is like a man leading another through a pitch-black room full of booby-traps. He has neither flashlight nor flame, and has never been to the other end of the room.
• A Christian, even the most humble one, is like another man in the same situation, but with two distinct advantages. He has thoroughly studied a map of the one safe route through the room, and he is able to see the tiny LED pilot light on the blacked-out exit sign on the opposite wall, and trusts that if he keeps his eye on that tiny light, he and the person he's leading will make it through the room safely.
• You are trusting the first guy, and although there's a chance you'll make it through the room (life) safely, there are no guarantees. My way is guaranteed, because the One Who made the map has not only been through the room, He made the whole house in the first place. I will continue guiding people safely through the room, and keeping my eye on the Light.
That's all I need to say on this subject. ❤️

04/21/16 7:09 am

Lots of rhetoric and delusion, no real answer for how someone who's partially read an Iron Age novel knows more about science than someone who's studied it for 10 years. That's all I have to say about that.

04/21/16 7:10 am

There's a reason why people who break their legs go to a doctor and not a priest. It's called knowledge and qualifications. Luckily, we're not in the Iron Age anymore.

teachinla California
04/21/16 7:34 am

Just because the iron age is in the past, doesn't make everything that they believed in wrong. Don't forget, Sunday your age will be in the past too, and people shake their heads over your beliefs. It is a common misconception of people in this age to look down on their predecessors. Don't forget, it was just a couple of decades ago that most psychoanalyst believed that there was such a thing as recovered memories. Many men were sent to prison because their daughters, at the encouragement of psychiatrists, suddenly "remembered" how their fathers had molested them. That has now been proven false.

04/21/16 7:42 am

not *everything*, but certainly the supernatural, as Thomas Paine so eloquently pointed out in The Age of Reason:

"Is it more probable that nature should go out of her course or that a man should tell a lie? We have never seen, in our time, nature go out of her course. But we have good reason to believe that millions of lies have been told in the same time. It is therefore at least millions to one that the reporter of a miracle tells a lie."

04/21/16 3:55 pm

The fact that this foolish old man has "prescriptions at Target" exemplifies his belief in modern medicine when it suits him conveniently and he doesn't even bat an eye to dismiss it in its entirety when it doesn't align with his bigotry. That's laughable.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/21/16 4:19 pm

OK, we won't agree about transgenderism. We've known that all along. But the most significant problem with the "all bathrooms are open to anyone" thing is not transgendered individuals themselves. It is straight sexual perverts who will now be able to put on dresses and walk into Ladies' rooms after our wives or daughters and rape or molest and possibly murder them. It is also the slippery slope that has caused the federal government to sue a school district to force a middle school to allow a boy to SHOWER with the girls. He may actually consider himself transgendered, but now, what's to stop creepy straight boys from "faking it" to see all the 12-year-old girls naked? Surely you can see my point on this dangerous side effect of this type of policy...

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
04/21/16 5:20 pm

Who is stopping creepy dudes from sneaking into bathrooms and assaulting women as it is already?

04/21/16 5:33 pm

"Straight sexual perverts" that diddle little kids are known to their victims 9 out of 10 times. That means don't point the finger at strangers, point the finger at creepy uncles and fathers and priests and other clergy because 90% of the time or more, that's who's banging little kids. Just so you can have a reality check of who to be afraid of.

04/21/16 5:35 pm

I don't see you arguing for keeping kids away from creepy uncles and priests though, do I? I wonder why that is...

04/21/16 5:37 pm

Don't pretend you all of a sudden care about the children when 9/10 times according to both the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and HSI those victimizers of kids are relatives. Or clergy. Focus your energy there if you want to make a difference.

04/21/16 5:38 pm

"9 out of 10 times the fire is over here."

"Send the fire trucks somewhere else! Forget about the 9 out of 10 raging fires!"

shygal47 Florida east coast
04/19/16 7:36 pm

No, why should their sales decrease, or increase, for that matter?

Kay41 the Midwest
04/19/16 7:39 pm

It's just a question. I was wondering if some will decide to do/not shop there based on the policy.

cpaswr just say the letters
04/19/16 7:35 pm

I doubt there will be any noticeable change.

heheMemeshehe
04/19/16 7:29 pm

South Park into plays

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
04/19/16 7:12 pm

Now I have reason to not like target and Wal mart, damn it

ronderman North Carolina
04/19/16 6:51 pm

Where I live, it will decrease the business if this gets a lot of press. In many places around the country, there will be no change.

thebarr
04/19/16 6:38 pm

Isn't it nice when a private business can decide what to do with its own bathroom?

jvc1133 61535
04/19/16 6:35 pm

We are so easily led in our desire to conform

leilu SoCal
04/19/16 6:22 pm

I don't think most people really care.

sfcren Wyoming
04/19/16 6:20 pm

I dont think it will make much of a difference either way, we were all raised with unisex bathrooms at home, I really dont understand what the problem is.

kermie gaytopia
04/19/16 6:19 pm

I can't imagine it will change that much as most people don't pay attention or care that much. And it's a very popular store. Good for them though.

kermie gaytopia
04/19/16 6:20 pm

It'd be better if they just installed all-gender bathrooms instead.

kermie gaytopia
04/20/16 9:46 am

We don't really need them but there could be, in stalls like the other toilets.

MrsCrayonWax
04/20/16 10:23 am

Side topic, why do we need urinals? Can someone shed light on this?

kermie gaytopia
04/20/16 10:54 am

They aren't necessary, just quicker to use.

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
04/20/16 10:06 pm

Urinals reduce the number of men using the toilets just to pee, which is, of course, an efficiency thing, but have you ever seen a public toilet that men pee onto? Er...into?

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
04/20/16 10:09 pm

(To sum up, too many men are disgusting savages who will pee onto EVERY FUCKING SURFACE except inside the actual bowl of a toilet. A urinal gives them an alternative at which they may vent their erratic, indiscriminate rage-urine without ruining the day for others.)

kermie gaytopia
04/21/16 6:31 am

I work with a bunch of women and I'd rather not describe the number of times I've found pee and even feces on the toilet seat that I know wasn't mine.

MrsCrayonWax
04/21/16 7:21 am

Preach! What kind of nasty barn were these women brought up in? Every time I go in I find spray, blood, feces, sanitary stuff. I'm a bit of a germ nut and I bring sanitizer and wipe down a seat and leave it clean for the next person.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/19/16 6:18 pm

I will not go back in one.

04/19/16 6:20 pm

Never know when a transgendered person is going to cook up some sort of scheme in the bathroom then jump out & getcha!

susanr Colorado
04/19/16 6:22 pm

Because you'd rather have the transgender female with breasts and wearing a dress walk into the mens' room while you're in there?

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/19/16 6:22 pm

I don't usually back into bathrooms either ...

04/19/16 6:27 pm

Maybe musicman has listened to a lot of Juvenile

Throwaway77
04/19/16 6:39 pm

Watch out for under your bed to! Transgenders sole purpose in life is to scare you and make you uncomfortable. Actually...they could literally be anywhere! Best not to leave your house.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/19/16 6:46 pm

Part of my reason for asking this question was to see if there were people who really would refuse to shop there now (or increase their shopping there). Can I ask, in all seriousness, why you will make that decision?

cyanospool The Deep North
04/19/16 9:04 pm

Susan, you bring up an interesting point. Maybe all these guys who want trans people to be forced into the wrong bathrooms are just looking for an excuse to get hot women in the bathroom with them. Ironic because so many anti-trans people accuse trans people of being perverts in disguise trying to peep in the bathroom, when it's probably the other way around.

Throwaway77
04/19/16 9:07 pm

Cyan, seriously the lack of concern for a transwoman being raped or harassed in the men's bathroom is disturbing. Clearly they don't seem to view these people as having any rights or voice.

teachinla California
04/19/16 10:03 pm

If it is no big deal, then why are transgender's making such a big deal out of it? They apparently feel uncomfortable going into men's bathrooms, if they feel more like a woman, or women's bathrooms, if they feel more like a man. If they are so uncomfortable, then what makes you think the general public won't be uncomfortable with their actions?

04/19/16 10:13 pm

Republican politicians seem to be the only ones making a big deal about bathrooms. Transgendered people I know just want to be able to use the right bathroom and pee without getting kicked out because a GOP lawmaker spends a lot time thinking about their genitalia.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/21/16 7:48 pm

My whole issue is I don't want a pedophile, who isn't even an actual transgender, saying they are to be able to go in the same bathroom with my daughter. I don't give a crap about any of the rest of it. It's just giving perverts an easy

musiman28 Cotton country
04/21/16 7:49 pm

Excuse. And I'm actually kind of disappointed in some of the smartass replies. I actually thought a little more of some of you, other than iBakes.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/21/16 7:52 pm

I'm sorry if you saw my reply as smartass. I really was just interested in your answer.

susanr Colorado
04/21/16 8:01 pm

My question was serious, not smart ass. Because that's what will happen if transgenders who dress and appear as the opposite sex than what they were born as have to use the bathroom of their birth sex. Especially the ones who have undergone hormone therapy and maybe surgery. And it's going to be very difficult for them and the other people in the bathroom.

susanr Colorado
04/21/16 8:08 pm

I don't really understand the issue with pedophiles. How does allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their gender make it easier or possible for a male pedophile to enter a women's bathroom in the hope of assaulting a young girl? They'd have to dress up as a woman, but they *could* do that now anyway. And there aren't always girls in a bathroom by themselves, so they'd have to get lucky.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/21/16 9:00 pm

Kay, I wasn't referring to your comment at all.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/21/16 9:03 pm

Susan, from the way I understand it, they don't have to be dressed as a woman, just "feel" like a woman right now. The way I see it, we should leave everything alone, or make people use the restroom that coincides with their genitals.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/21/16 9:06 pm

And my whole reasoning is this. They have made a decision that is perfectly within their right that I disagree with. I am fine with that being their decision, and my decision, which is my right, is to no longer patronize them because of it.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/21/16 9:08 pm

I'm not calling for boycotts. I'm not trying to get them shut down. I'm voting with my money. Which is how a lot of this kind of stuff should be handled. Don't like how a business decides to do business, don't go there. Problem solved.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/21/16 11:30 pm

But in all seriousness, I believe your fears are overblown and based upon hysteria.

04/22/16 9:48 am

My facetious comment was purely a broad remark because I enjoy sarcasm and instead of letting things bother me I make jokes, it wasn't supposed to be anything personal against you. I just want to make that clear.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/23/16 7:50 pm

IBakes, at best you are a troll.

04/24/16 11:58 am

It's amazing how few people seem to use the term 'troll' properly/even know what it means.

susanr Colorado
04/19/16 6:17 pm

I really don't think it will affect sales much at all (unless someone starts a big campaign to either support or boycott them, which I don't see happening), but for purposes of the poll I don't want to hit the button that includes "decrease," so I'm going to be optimistic and say "increase."

Kay41 the Midwest
04/19/16 6:18 pm

I included a no change button too. I couldn't decide whether to put it on the increase out decrease side.

susanr Colorado
04/19/16 6:21 pm

Oh, I know; that's why I said the button "included" decrease... I just can't make myself hit that! I understand the dilemma with the poll question, though, and I'm fine with how you did it.

RJ1969 SoCal
04/19/16 6:15 pm

No change. Pricing, promotions, the products, and where they place the items will have a much bigger impact on sales than bathroom policy.