RedDye40 April 17th, 2016 1:29pm

I'm shopping at Aldi (grocery store) today. It's a bare bones store w/ cart deposits and customer bags/bagging, which allows them to offer goods at cheaper prices. Do/would you shop at Aldi?

RedDye40 Way Over Yonder
04/19/16 6:47 pm

My uncle said the same thing. It pissed him off that the cashier "threw" his groceries into the cart after scanning them.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
04/18/16 10:47 am

I don't shop there because the quality isn't as good as what I get elsewhere. I'd rather pay a bit.mote to get what I want. Renting the cart didn't bother me at all though...it solves a bunch of problems.

RVA Uptown, Fan District, RVA
04/18/16 7:24 pm

I'm with you. They just came to town, but I'm not a fan. On the bright side, we're finally getting Wegmans!

alynn Somewhere wonderful
04/18/16 7:33 pm

Oh dang. We have Wegmans here, but I've always been afraid to go. It seems to be some sort of grocery store wonderland and I'm afraid I may not make it out!

missmorganmarie ...
04/19/16 1:47 pm

wegmans is wonderful

alynn Somewhere wonderful
04/19/16 1:52 pm

See, RVA....another one who has fallen victim. 😁

leilu SoCal
04/18/16 8:22 am

We don't have Aldi here but I've heard they are coming. I'll gone them a try.

I've also heard about the German brothers that stayed the company and one of the brothers broke of and started Trader Joe's.

RedDye40 Way Over Yonder
04/18/16 7:06 pm

Oh, that's interesting! I wish we had a TJ's close.

leilu SoCal
04/18/16 10:33 pm

I love shopping there, my kids love shopping there, the employees are great. I'm so glad I have one close by. Maybe I'll get an Aldi in my neighborhood and you'll get a TJ's!

meow1177
04/17/16 11:02 pm

Grew up in Germany, it was a staple.
Great concept and execution.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/17/16 10:49 pm

It's not my first choice, but it's ok for produce.

anniepoops wisco fever
04/17/16 12:52 pm

Cheap produce 👌🏻

anniepoops wisco fever
04/17/16 10:18 pm

YES, da 💣

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
04/17/16 12:20 pm

We have Aldi here, problem with it is that because it is a so called budget supermarket (like Lidl) you arent always guaranteed that they will have what you want

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 11:46 am

I shopped there sometimes when I lived in Morgantown WV, but I moved from there in 1998, and haven't lived near an Aldi since then. It seemed to be a good place to pick up basic foods relatively inexpensively, although the product line was limited. That suited my needs well, though. I don't have a problem with the cart "rental" fee except for the handicapped (and maybe they have a solution for that); it means they don't have to pay someone to fetch all the carts back to the store. And I approve of bringing your own bags (or paying for disposable ones) and doing your own bagging, anyway. Keeps costs down.

commonsense America isnt racist
04/17/16 9:18 am

We had that out here. It was called fresh n easy.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/17/16 7:52 am

I used to shop there. Then I started shopping at Kroger because we moved to where there wasn't one. When we moved back to where there was one, I tried it again. Either we were used to horrible tasting food or their quality has gone downhill. We wound up giving most of the food away.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/18/16 12:10 am

I shop Kroger's sales and use coupons (digital and printed). Plus, I get points on my Kroger card than I can use to save money on gas.

RedDye40 Way Over Yonder
04/18/16 7:10 pm

I shop at Kroger often too, but I feel like they've gone up on the prices of a lot of items (blamed it on high gas prices, but gas prices dropped significantly and the food costs stay high). I do love their personalized coupons for produce, meat, and dairy!

jmw7477 Indiana
04/18/16 7:54 pm

I get coupons through the mail, e-mail, and at the register from Kroger. Plus, I use digital coupons and ones from the Sunday paper. I also sign up at company websites to get their coupons. We might spend a little more at Kroger, but I know we're going to like/eat the food. Aldi's is cheaper, but not if we're eating out or throwing/giving it away because we don't like it.

twss trump is a garbage human
04/17/16 7:51 am

I loooooooove Aldi!!!

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
04/17/16 6:56 am

They haven't made it to Oregon yet but I will if they get here. They are a big customer of my company.

imanag My heaven on Earth
04/17/16 6:47 am

I shopped there a few times in NC. At Christmas time, it was the best place to buy poinsettias.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/17/16 6:44 am

I've only shopped there a few times.

Throwaway77
04/17/16 6:38 am

I'm not understanding what is different about the store?

Kimbobee the middle of nowhere
04/17/16 7:11 am

You have to "rent" your cart with a quarter and you have to bag all of your own groceries in boxes or bags you brought yourself.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 11:43 am

It's a "discount" store. They carry a more limited variety of stuff, so you're not faced with, for example, 12 brands of toothpaste, and 23 varieties of each brand. That can be good or bad, depending on whether you're picky, & whether they carry a product you want. They minimize costs where possible, sometimes stocking an open carton of a product in their box rather than shelving the packages individually. I believe they charge for disposable bags, although they used to, at least, have a pile of empty cartons for you to use instead of bags.