AmericanWolf April 17th, 2016 12:49am

This week, Secretary of Treasury Jack Lew is expected to announce new plans to keep Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill and replace Andrew Jackson with a woman on the $20 bill instead.

dfish at home
04/17/16 2:53 am

Definitely gotta keep Hamilton. But personally the "we gotta put a woman on a bill for the sake of having a woman on a bill" feels so phony and forced

TheSwyftSaint The Sun Also Rises
04/16/16 9:59 pm

Although it is the sweetest revenge for the man who was so scared of paper currency he purposefully wrecked the economy to be on the most exchanged US currency: the $20 bill, I would be very happy to see an inspirational woman there instead of that genocidal maniac

jenkp223 Being a mommy
04/16/16 9:07 pm

I guess that's a good idea, considering Andrew Jackson was a terrible president. However, someone suggested removing Lincoln from either the $5 bill or the penny, as he's not needed on both. I would suggest maybe doing that with George Washington on the quarter or $1 bill. Especially as there is talk of no longer minting pennies.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 9:15 pm

Well, federal law requires that Washington always be featured at the front of the dollar bill, so that's pretty much impossible to change. I suppose the quarter has become our designated currency for design changes, especially since the dollar coin promotions failed, but there are (understandable) concerns about the unintentional message we might send if we decide on a coin instead of a bill.

dfish at home
04/17/16 2:55 am

Yeah there's been plenty of women on coins

jenkp223 Being a mommy
04/17/16 9:25 am

Susan B. Anthony, Sacagawea...who were the others?

Pres55555 Gone.
04/16/16 8:51 pm

Well... What woman?

Pres55555 Gone.
04/16/16 8:51 pm

I swear if it's Hillary I'm writing a complaint letter.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 9:03 pm

Some of the major names they've mentioned are Eleanor Roosevelt, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, and Susan B. Anthony. Rest assured though, living people cannot be featured on currency in the United States, so unless Clinton dies in the next few years, she cannot legally be considered.

dfish at home
04/17/16 2:56 am

I've heard enough about rosa parks. She's risen this gravy bus of fame much further than she really deserved

Pres55555 Gone.
04/17/16 10:38 am

I'm good with any of those people 😁👍

auntiesamm Orange County CA
04/16/16 8:50 pm

Why bother? There are serious issues that need to be addressed and resolved. It will be costly to make the unnecessary change.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 8:57 pm

The cost is insignificant. We make design changes all the time. For example, there are now like four different designs for the quarter dollar every year. The woman, whomever they choose, will be added to the $20 bill along with other design changes that were already scheduled beforehand. And actually, it costs way more (though still not all that much) to add all those fancy watermarks and microprinting to our new $100 bills than it does to change to replace a few design templates one time.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/16/16 8:24 pm

This seems like a frivolous expense to me. With all the budget problems and our huge national debt, I don't see this as a good time to change what our money looks like.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 8:36 pm

I mean, we do it all the time. They're just going to start printing a different face on the front along with the normally scheduled design update. They change designs all the time, as with state quarters and the counterfeit prevention features they added to larger bills.

JohnBoy47 Jacksonville, FL
04/16/16 7:01 pm

Jackson assisted in genocide of Native Americans, and Hamilton set up the federal deserve. Who sounds more qualified to be on our currency?

RB20 Indiana
04/16/16 7:05 pm

Both trash by that reasoning

Bengi101 Say what now
04/16/16 6:59 pm

I have a lot of respect for all the people on our currency. Make a new bill if you want a woman so badly.

laxgoalie Cleveland
04/16/16 8:41 pm

Any potential amounts you could think of?

Bengi101 Say what now
04/17/16 12:36 am

25$ would actually be very nice in my opinion. Also makes sense because we have quarters for dollars so it would be a quarter for 100$ bills.

15$ and 30$ would be great in my opinion especially because it usually costs me around 13$ for lunch so I could have a 15 instead of a 10 and 5.

dfish at home
04/17/16 3:00 am

Bengi, here in America the dollar sign ($) goes to the left of the number. Like so: $100

ShawPPM1214 Washington
04/16/16 6:53 pm

Does anyone know who the woman will be?

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 7:00 pm

Eleanor Roosevelt, Harriet Tubman, and Rosa Parks have been mentioned. They haven't decided yet.

Kudoss Fascism, White Supremacy
04/16/16 6:50 pm

I like both of them if its really necessary to put a woman on currency take lincoln off the 5 dollar bill or the penny, he isnt needed on both

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 9:17 pm

If they cut the penny out of circulation as they absolutely should and probably will, then Lincoln will only have the $5.

Amandawelch
04/16/16 6:48 pm

Why do we need to add a woman? And Hamilton absolutely deserves to remain since he practically created the bank system.

dfish at home
04/17/16 3:01 am

Hamilton? Genocide? Care to elaborate

gow488 Wisconsin
04/16/16 6:31 pm

That makes more sense. Hamilton was much better then Jackson in my opinion.

badattitude no place like home
04/16/16 6:27 pm

Why don't we create a new 3 dollar bill for a woman. Or 25 or something?

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 6:00 pm

This news made my week. I was in favor of putting a woman on our currency, but I also deeply admire Hamilton. In my opinion, Jackson was among our worst leaders. Absolutely the right decision.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
04/16/16 6:35 pm

Jackson was one of the best.

gow488 Wisconsin
04/16/16 6:56 pm

I assume he's one of your favorites because he founded the Democratic Party. 🙃

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
04/16/16 7:05 pm

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were the founders and it was not a progressive liberal hippie party then. It is about the cultural principles Pro-American preservation that I care about. Parties represent different things over time. Pretending GOP was always the right and DEM was always left is ridiculous.

gow488 Wisconsin
04/16/16 7:09 pm

Lol, it was a joke. I know that the Democratic Party wasn't liberal back then.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
04/16/16 7:11 pm

Very subtle joke. Supporting Trump is enough to for establishment GOP Cucks to call me a democrat even if I have far right views.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/16/16 7:12 pm

Nobody thinks you're a Democrat.

sydwel