GrandmaALiCE April 16th, 2016 11:49am

Inspired by @augustin @tlaney1 @goldz (and maybe, others): Does Trump really WANT to be President? Note: This poll isn't about whether or not YOU are for Trump. It's about HIS motivation.

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
04/22/16 7:58 am

He is an egotist. What started out as a publicity stunt to boost his business has turned into a nightmare for the country. He is now caught up in the whole thing and doesn't want to loose. If he is denied the nomination he will pout and blame everyone else and not waste any more money unless he has a realistic chance of winning as an independent.

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
04/17/16 6:44 pm

Possibly not. But I'm betting he wants to be elected because he likes to win.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 5:26 pm

I don't know, and I doubt if very many people really know, and maybe only Trump knows, and maybe even *he* doesn't know for sure.

We can speculate all we want about whether he initially did it as a joke, whether he was serious from the beginning, whether he's become serious now, but I don't think any of us really know.

thomas12266
04/17/16 1:27 pm

Go Trump!

HannahBultena
04/16/16 10:11 pm

Trump originally wanted to become president to rub in in all the canadates faces. That was literally his plan. He even said that at one of his debates. He shouldn't be able to even run for this. All he will do is ruin our country.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
04/16/16 9:18 pm

There's a very interesting article written by his former campaign manager that talks about this very topic. Basically, she says that Trump never wanted to be president; he just wanted to say he could do it. But now that he's enjoying such resounding popularity, his ego has taken over.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
04/16/16 7:01 pm

I don't believe he has any more understanding what the job actually is than he seems to have about the process of getting there, but I do believe he thinks he wants the job. From everything he says, he clearly has no understanding, appreciation or respect for the actual job description as enumerated in the Constitution since he keeps making dogmatic statements about what he intends to do POTUS doesn't have Constitutional power/authority to do... but that doesn't seem to bother ppl who support him.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/16/16 2:03 pm

No. I have stated several times I think he's running to support Hillary

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
04/16/16 4:35 pm

Why would he support Hillary for all the abuse he's getting, including numerous death threats...? What can she give him that he would want?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/16/16 5:06 pm

They are old friends. If he blows it for the Republicans and she gets in she has probably promised him something. I wouldn't trust either one of them but I trust her less than anybody there is.

cowboy Here and There
04/16/16 9:54 am

Not by the way he hires his staff that don't know how the delegates work. And we're supposed to believe he would do a great job after filing bankruptcy four times. What a joke.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/16/16 5:03 pm

What did Chim do to get banned?

cowboy Here and There
04/16/16 5:33 pm

No clue. He didn't say anything terrible here. Just defended Trump's bankruptcies.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/16/16 7:41 pm

I was having a conversation with him. When I came back a couple of hours later, he was banned!

I wonder who knows what happened?

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/16/16 7:45 pm

Here's what I just read in a closed poll by ndull.

"Chimama was banned ... he got perma banned this afternoon for telling a user to kill himself."

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/17/16 4:29 am

To be fair he said that because they said that Christians should be caged and killed

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/17/16 4:29 am

I'm pretty sure it was SailingAround who said it.. I remember seeing it a while ago

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 11:45 am

That's it? Someone called my eight year old daughter a whore for two days straight and never got banned. Then there was the guy that said he was getting off on her from my profile picture. SoH has strange standards.

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/17/16 1:10 pm

Yep. That's why there is such an outrage

Large Milky Way Galaxy
04/17/16 1:58 pm

He told somebody to kill themselves and he got perma-banned? Sheesh.

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/17/16 2:03 pm

Indeed.. it's a bit harsh of a punishment.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 5:21 pm

For the uninitiated, the user cowboy mentioned did *not* call his daughter a whore, at all. He made a statement that cowboy took to mean that, but explained what he had meant and apologized for the misunderstanding. Period.

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 5:26 pm

Yes he did Susan. But I'm not surprised that you'd take his side.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 5:28 pm

I don't remember the exact words, but something like seeing the profile pic of cowboy's daughter excited him. Which cowboy took to mean it excited him sexually. If I remember right, the user said no, he just meant [something innocuous, I forget exactly what], and I think he was actually a bit horrified that it was taken that way.

The word "whore" may have come into the conversation at some point, and the other user wasn't entirely blameless or kind in their exchanges with cowboy. But it simply wasn't as it's being portrayed.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 5:30 pm

I wish I could remember what the poll was. If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to eat my words and apologize. I just recall that the thing went on far too long and that it was really one of those "tempest in a teapot" things.

cowboy, do you remember?

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 5:31 pm

He said he was getting off on her. That's pretty plain.

And yes. The other pervert repeatedly called my daughter a whore.

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 5:32 pm

I don't remember the poll.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 5:40 pm

I believe you're right about the "getting off" comment - that was indeed startling, but again, he explained what he meant by it, and it wasn't at all sexual.

Are you saying there was a different user who repeatedly called your daughter a whore? I don't remember if that was the same user or not. But I am quite sure that whoever it was, he was *not* calling your daughter a whore, but rather suggesting that *your* words about others (you know, how you sometimes call women pretty disgusting names?) could be easily applied to *her* (by someone else), and trying to get you to see how rather awful that is, when you apply them to other people.

Honestly, I'm rather sure that's what it was about.

I do know that it got out of hand somehow. I remember reporting both parties to that exchange.

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 5:41 pm

Of course it was my fault, according to you. Lol.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 5:47 pm

I didn't say it was anyone's fault; I said I believe you misunderstood him, and have perpetuated that misunderstanding. Note that I said I reported both parties.

I hate to see someone repeatedly blamed for something they didn't (in my opinion) do, even anonymously. But let's not keep bothering the other folks in this thread by repeating the same things unnecessarily. If I ever find that poll & the pertinent thread, I'll review it.

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 5:50 pm

Exactly. It was my fault because someone repeatedly called my daughter a whore... 🙄

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/17/16 5:59 pm

Cowboy, I like you. I think you are a good and loving dad. From everything I've read on this app, I believe your daughter is a pretty amazing and sweet little girl.

Having said that, I remember the earlier exchange the same way as Susan does. I think he used the words "getting off" in an innocent manner, originally. When he realized his poor word choice, he tried to explain and apologize, but you didn't believe him. So, then he got nastier.

And I'm pretty sure you were both banned for a while.

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 6:01 pm

Of course I didn't believe him. I'm surprised that you two do.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 6:02 pm

That's exactly my general recollection too, GA.

susanr Colorado
04/17/16 6:06 pm

And I'd add that I also believe cowboy is a very good, loving dad. I've said that before, but I want to emphasize it. I remember asking if you took a specific photo of her yourself, and telling you that she clearly loved you very much, because I could see it in her eyes - she was looking straight at the camera.

If I remember right, you stopped using photos of her in your profile pic for a long while, specifically because of your feelings about that user. I'm really glad that you feel comfortable showing photos of her again. And I guess I should have remembered your sensitivity about that user, so I apologize if I brought up bad memories. (But I seriously wish you would understand *his* side of it.)

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/17/16 6:07 pm

Note that I did NOT say it was your fault. I think it was a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion.

I remember being sad for you, for having the misunderstanding, because I know how you love your daughter.

cowboy Here and There
04/17/16 6:08 pm

I don't need to understand perverts, but thanks.

augustin Oklahoma
04/16/16 9:40 am

I think he started off as a protest candidate, and only recently realized he has a chance of winning. I think he wants it now, but has run a very inferior campaign. This will be his downfall because it takes a well-organized campaign to win the nomination, especially in a year where it will be a contested convention. Trump has realized his mistake, but won't admit it's his fault. That's why he is now blaming the system.

getupbaby South City
04/16/16 9:24 am

No. Hillary paid him to fracture the Republican Party. Worked like a charm. Get ready for Clintonmagedden.

Injectable Mojave Mo Problems
04/16/16 9:08 am

Yes. Pretty obvious from the way he's been position himself since the last cycle. We saw Birthers en mass and The guy managed to get Romney to kiss his ass while begging. Seems like a decent place to start if you wanted to run as republican candidate in the future.

This claim would have been true last time, much like for O'mally. Get the idea out the cycle before you want to run. This isn't a new idea.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
04/16/16 8:41 am

I think it has and always will be about money. I don't think he wants to be president, I think he wants to build his popularity and make a shit-ton of money. He did just come out with a new book not long ago, just sayin'.

jvc1133 61535
04/16/16 8:15 am

Idk, still believe he's a Trojan horse.

ronderman North Carolina
04/16/16 8:06 am

Initially, I think it was fun. He is serious now.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/16/16 7:53 am

I think he got into the race because he has strong opinions, and likes to be heard. He didn't think he would be this successful. His own children didn't even register so that they could vote for him. With success, I think his goals changed, and that he wants to win.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
04/16/16 6:41 am

It would be the biggest ego trip for him. So yah he wants it

phen nebraska
04/16/16 9:16 am

My thoughts too. He wants the power

shygal47 Florida east coast
04/16/16 6:40 am

I think when he first started out he took the process on as a lark, an opportunity to say what he wanted to say ... it meant nothing. Then he got the acclaim from worshipping followers and found he LIKED being in the process; now he's got to win.

MrsCrayonWax
04/16/16 6:29 am

I think he wants to be president. I think it's a challenge for him now.

Brrrrrrrrr
04/16/16 6:17 am

I'm creating a list of the various coping mechanisms that cuckerals have come up with in order to deal with the The Trumpening.
1) he can't win
2) he's just running for the lulz
3) he's a democrat plant
4) his campaign is too disorganized

Feel free to suggest additions.

Seneca imbeciles for trump
04/16/16 11:00 am

There goes our resident fake white nationalist bringing Hitler into everything. Yes we already know how much you love him.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/17/16 12:40 pm

Trying to show the Tea Party how batshit crazy they really are?

jmw7477 Indiana
04/16/16 5:59 am

My husband thinks he's running only because someone dared him to.

rons screw politicians
04/16/16 5:39 am

Yes, his ego drives him. He thinks he's a problem solver. He is successful.

Korosensei Maine
04/16/16 5:33 am

He does but he doesn't care if he loses

Kay41 the Midwest
04/16/16 5:10 am

I think he really does want to be president.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/16/16 4:54 am

Here's what I believe.

His campaign started out as a joke. He is now overwhelmed and confused by his success in the primaries. He's thinking, "What do I do now?"

Donald, "Be careful what you ask for."