MJSeals April 15th, 2016 2:43pm

Tim Tebow's name is (heavily) being thrown around by the Florida's GOP to run for the open Florida's 4th congressional district (CPV R+19) to replace retiring Andy Crenshaw (R). Would you like to see Tim Tebow in Congress?

MrAngerer
04/16/16 8:59 am

I'm not sure he would be able to separate his religious dogma from what should be the law

DallasFan
04/16/16 5:00 am

Someone who won't lie to you and you will get what you hear from him. Sounds good to me.

augustin Oklahoma
04/15/16 9:32 pm

Sure, why not? I think our legislators should be ordinary citizens performing a service to the public. Tebow is a good man and would perform the duty well, in my opinion.

sydwel
04/15/16 6:48 pm

What qualifications does he have? And being religious didn't count.

sydwel
04/15/16 6:48 pm

*doesn't

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 8:08 pm

208 congressmen don't have any experience other than "public servant" aka government.

sydwel
04/15/16 8:13 pm

Yes. But what does he bring to the table?

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 9:18 pm

(Take into consideration a Republican WILL win this seat)

I think he'd be at least a good person and actually honest. Stand up for his beliefs.

nolanbard1 Los Angeles
04/15/16 3:19 pm

He is morally and ethically good, but as a democrat I think he is too religious

skinner Wisconsin
04/15/16 2:05 pm

Yes! This is great. Go Tebow! @wvamerican @usernamehere

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
04/15/16 1:44 pm

About the only thing he could throw is an election.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
04/15/16 1:22 pm

Why not? He did more in the U.S. And abroad before he was 19 than most people do their entire lives.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
04/15/16 1:03 pm

He has absolutely no qualifications to be be a US. Congressman so he should fit right in with the rest of them. Seriously, he seems like a decent man and, nowadays, that might be enough to get my vote.

crackelpoot
04/15/16 12:29 pm

I think he is a morally sound and ethical man which is more than I can say of most current congressmen. I'd support him.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/15/16 12:18 pm

I just moved from Crenshaw's district. If I still lived there, I'd support Tebow.

getupbaby South City
04/15/16 11:31 am

Nope. I doubt he went to school for constitutional law.

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 12:43 pm

63% of Congress didn't go to school for congressional law. 208 have only ever held other government positions, the second largest group behind "business men and women" at 209

getupbaby South City
04/15/16 1:39 pm

Wow. Those are scary numbers. No wonder Wall Street runs Washington!

htcbump Florida
04/15/16 9:28 pm

And a whole mess of them are lawyers, and there lies a problem.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/15/16 11:30 am

I worry about the growing relationship between entertainment and politics. The more we allow celebrity culture to muddle our democracy, the more we risk the core integrity of our republic. Just look at Donald Trump.

Now, I don't claim to know anything of Tebow's qualifications. Maybe he'd be fine. I'd have to hear more, I suppose.

ronderman North Carolina
04/15/16 12:04 pm

Jack Kemp was an athlete. Steve Largent was an athlete. Fred Grandy was a TV star. Sonny Bonno was. . .we still don't know what he did. 😂 Al Frankenstein was a comedian. Fred Thompson was an actor. Ronald Reagan was an actor. These are all from congress (and one president).

If you look at governors and mayors, the list gets much longer.

Entertainment and politics have been merging for years.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/15/16 12:13 pm

Al Frankenstein. :)

Anyway, I don't deny that it has happened. And there are some very good examples. What I'm afraid of is that Trump's candidacy is going to break the barrier completely and we're going to get idiots like Kanye West running.

ronderman North Carolina
04/15/16 1:33 pm

Kanye can't be much worst than Trump (in my opinion).

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/15/16 1:45 pm

Trump's scarier. But if Kanye does run, that's a sign that 2016 is the beginning of a trend, not a unique accident.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 11:22 am

It's hilarious/sad how low the GOP's standards have gotten.

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 11:24 am

Tebow is better than Alan Grayson.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 11:28 am

If by "better" you mean "more qualified"... See my original comment.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 11:32 am

I'm starting to wonder if the GOP is destroying themselves intentionally, and why.

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 11:35 am

Grayson is the living incarnation of stupid, to quote a democrat.

But if you want to see no nothing candidates - see Clay Aiken - Democrat in NC for Congress, he lost in 2012

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 11:44 am

I don't always agree with people who run as democrats either, but the DNC is smarter than to support a racist reality TV star for president during a very crucial election season. And before you say that the GOP doesn't support him, just look at how much airtime conservative-run news networks are giving him.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 11:47 am

I'm obviously not a Fox News viewer, but my gym always shows that channel on the TV in the ladies locker room. Literally every time I'm in there, Trump being talked about, whether it's the news headlines, O'Reilly, Geraldo Rivera, or any other programming on that network. They're obsessed.

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 11:48 am

Sean Hannity (the only Fox host who supports Trump) is not a Republican. Actually doesn't like the GOP.

Glenn Beck hates Trump, and endorsed Cruz.

Rush Limbaugh doesn't even give him airtime.

ABC gives him the most time because, as their CEO mentioned, he had their ratings shoot up. It's not "Conservative media" it's all the media.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 11:57 am

Our comments seem to be contradictory. I'm just reporting what I see. Always Trump coverage. I bet if you turn on Fox News right this second, Trump will be the topic.

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 12:39 pm

We do not contradict as much as it may seem. Yes, they talk about him. Yes, way to too much. The problem is they ALL are. Even those who don't like him, seem to love talking about him. Even MSNBC, especially Morning Joe.

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 12:57 pm

Also, I finally got around to watching the 30 for 30 on John Spano, former isles "owner" who was sent to jail on fraud, heart breaking for the organization, but more proud to be a fan. I think you guys fine, even after last night.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 3:03 pm

Seems to me like your fan base has had a lot of heartbreak over the years. I'm sure hearing the name Alexei Yashin brings some fans to tears.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/15/16 3:05 pm

Also, I'm not worried about my team. I think our guys went into the series a little cocky (the fans did too) and a little adversity is exactly what we needed. Besides, we're a game 7 team.

htcbump Florida
04/15/16 9:31 pm

Florida along with Grayson has Debbie Wassermann-Shultz. I sure hope they don't crossbreed. Tebow is a good person.

htcbump Florida
04/15/16 9:34 pm

Laserbeam....most people supporting Trump are either new to the system or, yes, Democrats. I firmly believe that the open primary scheme is bad, bad, bad!

htcbump Florida
04/15/16 9:36 pm

CNN is wall to wall Trump coverage. Sad.

Phalos Knoxville
04/15/16 11:15 am

He is a really good person who is active in a lot of charity organizations so he would probably be good for his people.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
04/15/16 10:39 am

He would probably be better at that than football.

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/15/16 8:43 am

I'm a fan of Tebow, but what is it with America's desire to put its celebrities from other fields into political office? His degree is in "Family, Youth, and Community Sciences." Maybe start by running for school board or city council, and work upward.

Sicilian New Orleans, La
04/15/16 11:33 am

Agreed. Being a "good person" in no way makes him qualified for any elected position. I really like him as a person, but America needs to cut the "elect celebrities" thing out. Donald Trump, Tim Tebow, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and whoever else I'm forgetting. Although, if you ask anyone with at least a double digit IQ who is more trustworthy as a person between Hilary and Tebow for president, I'm pretty sure Tebow would be the solid choice. Or we can just stop all this and try to catch Tebow nude somehow. Gotta have SOME controversy before running for any office. And that's one I'd support lol.

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 12:48 pm

Ronald Reagan (President - R) & Al Frankenstein (Senator Minn. D) both actors, both very popular, both well liked.

leilu SoCal
04/15/16 8:23 am

Sure, why not?

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/15/16 8:10 am

Our nation desperately needs more Godly men and women in public office.

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
04/15/16 12:55 pm

No. No, we don't. Want to live in a religious run country? Leave. There are plenty across the world, this country isn't one and I'm so tired of the Christians thinking it should be

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 1:06 pm

"Want to live in a religious run country? Leave"

There is little valid argument to deny we were a nation founded through use of Christian language and law. We have no official religion, religions are equal under the law, but we need to hold some religious values in order to recognize religion which is why religious people can be elected to office (Machievelli would actually make it a requirement). If the majority of people in a district are Christian, the founders would expect a person holding Christian values to go to represent those people, as would John Locke. Remember "separation of church and state" is a fun line that is not law anywhere in the United States of America, but not buying alcohol on certain days, or at all, is, which is a very religious belief. Also, being a "Godly" person does not equal Christian. Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Sikhism = one God, Hindu = many and so on.

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
04/15/16 1:21 pm

Blah blah blah. No we don't. We need more logical thinkers in government rather people who follow a bunch of antiquated myths. I don't care what your faith is, I'm tired of people using their faith to act like it makes them superior

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/15/16 3:59 pm

Who said anything about being superior? We are talking about people who seek God's guidance rather than making wrong decisions again and again and again as we have been doing.

DallasFan
04/16/16 5:03 am

Tebow is the most humble person you will ever hear of. I don't see how you can think he thinks he is above anyone.

KojimaStudios
04/16/16 7:49 am

More Godly =\= Christian? While technically true, I'd love to see an American use this defense if Tebow was a Muslim. You know that's not what most Americans mean by saying they want more Godly persons in government.

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/16/16 1:29 pm

Christ said..."I am THE WAY, the TRUTH and the Life. No one comes to the Father except by me". This includes Muslims.

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
04/16/16 1:35 pm

And other faiths recognize Jesus as just a prophet not the messiah and don't need to go through him to reach salvation. Just because that's what you were taught to believe doesn't make it correct

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/16/16 1:37 pm

Judgement Day is going to come as a shock to many who were deceived in a false religion. The religion of peace.

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
04/16/16 1:43 pm

Well good thing you were born in the correct geographic region so you weren't taught the wrong faith. That was a close one for ya!!

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/16/16 3:54 pm

Are you saying there are no Christians in China or Russia or Africa or even Syria?

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
04/17/16 3:12 pm

I didn't say that. Studies show faith is mostly based on geography. Sure missionaries have spread their faiths all over the globe, but you weren't Catholic if you lived on the Hawaiian islands 2 centuries ago. So your saying all those souls lost because they didn't receive the word of your god.

political Georgia
04/15/16 8:07 am

I think that he would do a good job.

Liberty 4,032,064
04/15/16 7:53 am

Does he have some good qualifications that we're just not aware of?

MJSeals J.D.
04/15/16 7:56 am

Morals and he's not a complete jerk.

DallasFan
04/16/16 5:01 am

Most the congressmen don't do shit and don't have many qualifications.