polster2 April 14th, 2016 3:02pm

According to a new CBS News poll released this morning, supporters of GOP front-runner Donald Trump would overwhelmingly welcome a third party bid, with 63% in favor. Could Trump win enough states to deny Clinton the majority of electoral votes?

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/14/16 11:03 am

Trump running 3rd Party would guarantee a Dem victory.

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 11:05 am

As RoDe explained below, there is a scenario where it would give the presidency to the republican.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/14/16 11:09 am

Interesting discussion. I think we will see a lot of 3rd Party voters this election. No way am I voting for any of the 5 major candidates left.

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 2:01 pm

I'm voting for Cruz if he gets the nomination but none of the others.

eddyjo
04/14/16 8:15 am

Why do you assume it will be Clinton? Bernie has won 8 out of the last 9 states. Stop assuming the criminal will be the nominee! #Bernieorbust

polster2 US
04/14/16 8:18 am

Bernie is a socialist. Even if the popular vote goes for him, the superdelegates will ensure that Clinton is the nominee.

eddyjo
04/14/16 8:37 am

Everyone thought that about the SDs in '08 but it didn't turn out that way. The Senator from Vermont has already switched. The others will fall in line once Bernie wins the most pledged delegates. #feelthebern

polster2 US
04/14/16 8:39 am

You're delusional. Clinton will win most of the pledged delegates. Sanders doesn't understand basic economics.

eddyjo
04/14/16 9:30 am

Make no mistake, Sanders knows economics. He knows that educating our citizenry will make them better tax payers. He knows that healthy people tend to be more productive citizens. People who think Sander's proposals are undoable are using very immature thinking. He doesn't want to hand out free stuff like Santa. What he wants is for the taxes the people pay to actually benefit the people, NOT the corporations who often pay no taxes at all. In fact some of them pay no taxes and get millions in tax rebates. The super delegates will fall in line with Bernie as he continues winning more and more states. The DNC has been cheating like hell and Bernie has STILL won 8 of the last 9 contests. If you think he can't win, YOU are the one being delusional!

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 9:38 am

In those last 9 contests, Hillary won 199 delegates to Bernie's 250. That is too close to say that Bernie won decisively. The super delegates won't switch unless it becomes obvious that the voters overwhelmingly want Bernie. Hillary will be the democratic nominee.

polster2 US
04/14/16 10:01 am

Yes, Clinton will be the Democratic nominee. Glad you've accepted reality.

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 10:04 am

I'm not a democrat, so I'm looking at it objectively. It's possible for Bernie to win, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Bernie supporters are slightly blinded by their support of him, haha.

eddyjo
04/14/16 10:44 am

It's funny, when $hilary wins by 1 percentage point it is a decisive win. When Bernie wins by 12%, he didn't win decisively? Wow! Yes, the DNC (and apparently you've drunk their kool-aid) is trying to steal this election through much cheating and voter suppression, but the people will not tolerate it. If the SD's don't follow the will of the people in their states, there will be hell to pay!

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 10:47 am

I never said Hillary won decisively. I'm not a supporter of either candidate, and certainly don't drink anybody's kool-aid. I'm analyzing what's happening. You may not like it, but it is very likely that Hillary is the democratic nominee.

eddyjo
04/14/16 10:50 am

Yes, I'm VERY blinded. I think the fact that he has won the last 8 of 9 contests and the fact that at least one state has declared him the winner because $hilary's delegates didn't bother to show up at the convention. Bernie is the ONLY candidate running who cares about the people and not just the banks and corporations. He is the ONLY candidate running with any shred of integrity. People have been blind sheep in the past and the DNC/RNC have run roughshod over the voters. The people, at least some of them, have woken up. We WILL NOT tolerate more dirty dealing from the dirtiest of them all, the criminal $hilary. You can support the criminal if you want. The intelligent people can see her for what she is, a bought and paid for Republican in a Democrat pantsuit. If you want more of the same political b.s., then, by all means, vote the criminal ($hilary) or the egomaniac (Trump), but if you are a thinker, you only have one choice, BERNIE!

eddyjo
04/14/16 10:51 am

The koolaid must have been very bland if you didn't even taste it when you drank it! Bless your heart!

polster2 US
04/14/16 10:54 am

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found the liberal version of Think (or possibly Cowboy).

eddyjo
04/14/16 10:55 am

I am an Independent who became a Democrat (It makes me choke just saying it!)
In order to support Bernie. He may not win. $hilary and the DNC may very well steal this nomination, but trust me, if that happens, there WILL be a price to pay. Intelligent people are tired of being lied to and disregarded for corporate interests. If the DNC steals this election, the revolution may not just be at the ballot box! If the DNC can lie and cheat for their pet candidate, then they should cease to exist. Times they are a changin'!

eddyjo
04/14/16 10:57 am

Polster.....nope....I'm just an intelligent person and not a koolaid drinking sheeple! I'd like my government to actually represent ME and not just the oil companies, banks, pharma, etc. I know what a radical concept that is.....our government representing the CITIZENS, but that is what we are demanding.

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 10:57 am

Eddy, Thank you for the talking points. Rest assured they did absolutely nothing to change my mind. I'm interested in critical thought, not group-think. All I did was explain why Hillary will be the democratic nominee.

eddyjo
04/14/16 10:59 am

Not trying to change the mind of any of the koolaid drinkers, sweetie. Go ahead and have another glass and watch your gal, $hilary throw you away to support her corporate overlords. You have a good day now!

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 10:59 am

I'll explain again, I'm not a Hillary supporter. I think she should be in jail.

RoDe Latinus wordsus
04/14/16 8:15 am

There are a few different scenarios, none of which would lead to a Trump Presidency, one of which would lead to a Republican Presidency. I'd start by saying by the time it comes for the convention, it would to late to get on enough state ballots to garner 270 electoral votes.

So scenario A, Trump is rejected, can't take over a third party and gets on the ballot of two dozen states. He can't win it outright, he can't even threaten to deprive that much. He'd probably split the republican vote in those states, helping Clinton.

Scenario B, he takes over a third party, like the Libertarian, enabling him to be on all 50 state ballots. Here he'd stand a shot of picking off a few states, and depriving everyone of 270 electoral votes, if that happens the election goes to the House of Representatives. He'd be giving it to the party that screwed him out of the nomination, and he'd gain nothing in return.

augustin Oklahoma
04/14/16 9:02 am

Exactly. Well said. You're one of the few on here that truly understands the election process.