GrandmaALiCE April 14th, 2016 1:34am

This is a totally serious question, so please don't take it as trolling or making trouble. Have you ever been angry at God?

CrzyChica
04/17/16 3:39 pm

Yep. Many times. I was raised in the church but as an adult do not attend. I haven't been able to reconcile some some things. Too much cognitive dissonance. Now I'd say I'm perhaps agnostic.

kjs Minnesota
04/16/16 4:53 pm

I don't get mad but I do wonder why my grandpa died when I was young and why he couldn't stay and protect me from my mom who was so violent. Someday I will know.

fredd TrumpLand
04/15/16 11:48 pm

Nope. Don't believe, can't get angry at it.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/15/16 10:40 am

When my daughter died, I thought : "God, I thought you loved me ?" When I was grieving, well meaning people told me that I should be an example of how someone of faith deals with this, and that God would use me to help others. This made me angry and scared of God, that He might take my child for this reason. A friend said that all things work together for good, but she could not see how this could possibly be good. I couldn't either. For these reasons, I am afraid of saying the wrong thing that might push someone further from God. This almost broke me, and certainly changed my life. I felt distant from God for years. All I can say, is that we cannot see the big picture, and how things eventually fit together. Sometimes we go through painful things that we would never have chosen to go through, but that may ultimately bring us something even better. That has been my experience. I pray that God gives you and your family strength, love, peace, and faith to help you through this.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/15/16 1:23 pm

Thanks! I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child. I have friends and close relatives who have gone through that. However, from the outside, i don't see how they survived the pain. You have my heartfelt sympathy, for what it's worth.

Your post and other similar ones remind me that my own problems are relatively minor. Thanks for posting!

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/15/16 8:24 am

Yes, and I still am. I'm angry that I got this seizure disorder, how nobody liked me as a kid (because of my hyperactivity, disruptive behavior) also my mom's disease, she was a vibrant, active in her church, fun woman who had dementia, ALS. I was her caregiver, now my dad has dementia. He has showed signs of paranoia, he refuses to stop driving even though me and my sister are pleading him to stop. We hid his keys a few times but he found them.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/15/16 8:28 am

He wants to buy a new car, my sister tried to stop the dealer but they said it's "age discrimination" if it wasn't for my sisters I would go insane. I'm also angry at myself because I tend to blame other people, other things, my medication side effects instead of my own doing. And I KNOW I'm wrong.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/15/16 12:02 pm

So sorry for all you are dealing with, and have been through.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
04/15/16 8:19 am

This user is currently being ignored

Torfin Never Behind
04/15/16 4:03 am

But I Have been pissed at the devil a time or two

ThinkAboutIt Staten Island, NY
04/14/16 2:43 pm

Never, coming from an ex-Catholic. If I did believe, I probably wouldn't. It created everything and has no control in present time.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/14/16 1:32 pm

A couple of times. When my youngest daughter was born a friend of mine was pregnant at the same time I was. Her little boy was born shortly before my daughter was. He did not live the clock around. I was in the store and the lady had a curlyhaired blonde baby. They both had curly blond hair. The little boy was born on the exact same day their little boy was. The woman said this was not her baby it was her foster baby. Mind you I had newborn hormones. I started to cry and was so upset and I ask G_d why? they were wonderful couple and their little boy died and here's another baby in the system at three weeks old. Still brings tears to my eyes.

kywrite augusta, ga
04/14/16 11:28 am

When I was a kid, yeah. But I learned incredible things through suffering, and God gave me some magnificent gifts along with the tough times.

The test isn't whether bad things make you angry at God. The test is whether you come out of them a better and more humble human being.

eddyjo
04/14/16 11:14 am

When I woke up to find my husband unexpectedly dead in the floor 10 days after my mother died!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/14/16 1:34 pm

I'm so sorry you went through that.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/14/16 8:01 pm

Yes, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
04/15/16 1:07 am

Ugh. There is no answer. Have you found peace?

rons screw politicians
04/14/16 9:49 am

Yep, as a kid he made me wear glasses.

Rosebud Ohio
04/14/16 7:27 am

Yes. It's a large part of why I'm not Christian anymore. I couldn't reconcile the loving side with some horrible things that go on.

One that always pissed me off the most, my mom believes God let me have a brain tumor as a child to make her a Christian. So I suffered through emergency BRAIN surgery and have lifelong effects from it, hell my OB reviewed the records when I was pregnant with my first to make sure it would be ok for me to go through labor and push out my baby! I wear glasses, when I had my first migraine last year my Dr sent me to the ER to check that I didn't have another tumor. I can't believe someone loving would be so malicious as to allow that, and for such an insane reason!

There's a lot more too, but that's one of the most vivid ones.

Rosebud Ohio
04/14/16 11:41 am

I survived it. I wouldn't say I'm stronger than someone who didn't have a brain tumor simply because they didn't have one or have to have brain surgery.

Rosebud Ohio
04/14/16 1:23 pm

No. If anything it made everyone more fearful because we're always going to have it at the back of our minds that it can and does happen.

Like when I took my girls to the eye Dr. Yeah I wanted to know about their vision complaints and if it meant they needed glasses, but I was also afraid of every headache thereafter because what if it's a tumor? Or when I have a health issue, what if it's caused by tumors? What if the next one isn't benign?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/14/16 1:33 pm

I think it helped you to become the amazing woman you are. I think it also gave you some maturity that most people your age don't have.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/15/16 11:57 am

Rosebud, I am sorry for all you have been through. People don't know what to say, so try to find something good in the situation. I do believe there is a much larger picture to life than we can comprehend, and that only God can see it all.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
04/14/16 6:34 am

Absolutely. I think every person of faith has been, and it's healthy.

eddyjo
04/14/16 11:17 am

How dare you tell someone that they have no legitimate reason to be angry at God. YOU HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND NEED TO SHUT UP! It is people like you that turn people against Christianity. God is a big boy. He can take us being angry at him. Now go judge someone else. It seems to be christians like you who are so quick to judge others.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/14/16 8:10 pm

I agree with Derek and Eddy.

Much farther down in these comments, @chili2016 quoted his priest as saying, "God can handle your anger." Great advice!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
04/14/16 8:18 pm

Being passed up for Junior Wizard of your local klan chapter isn't something you ought to be angry at G-d over anyway....

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
04/14/16 8:27 pm

Make sure he gets treated on a Varian TrueBeam or Edge. I install them for a living and they're the best radiation treatment machines on the market. I'll pray for your cousin, too. Doesn't change the fact that you're a racist and antisemite.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
04/14/16 8:37 pm

I wouldn't have cared either way... You can call me whatever your little racist heart desires. I don't care. At least I'm not a white nationalist who wants to rid America of any non-Aryan...

eddyjo
04/15/16 5:51 am

You claim to not be angry at God, but you are one of the angriest people I've ever met. I think maybe you protest too much about your anger at God!

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/15/16 5:55 am

First, I am very sorry about your cousin. I hope he (she?) recovers completely.

"Alice knows I'm not an antisemite."

Chim, please don't put words in my mouth. Honestly, I'm not sure if you are an anti-Semite.

On the one hand, I used to be SURE you are an anti-Semite, because of your views about the Holocaust. However, you've said other things that make me think you may NOT be one. You may have just been taken in by the skillfully done denial sites, all over the Internet. (I've seen them.)

Derek will say I'm too nice and that I'm gullible. Maybe I am. I try to see the best in people. But, as I said, please don't put words in my mouth.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
04/15/16 6:28 am

You're too nice Alice! Haha! 😊😎

missmorganmarie ...
04/14/16 6:20 am

yes, when my cat died unexpectedly

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
04/14/16 3:54 am

Not that I can think of.

thebarr
04/14/16 3:12 am

In my experience atheists are incredibly angry and hateful towards God, despite not believing in Him. It's a bit baffling.

FarmerManE djent
04/14/16 5:22 am

On those cases, it seems that they were believers and they couldn't understand why god would let something bad happen in their life.

evoecon nearest binary system
04/14/16 7:03 am

My experience is they distaste is for the human to be so gullible as to not see the deception. Some do hate god as their reason for not believing. My experience is most just find the human as the problem.

kermie gaytopia
04/14/16 7:42 am

You're confusing being angry at religion with being angry at god. Hell yes I'm an angry atheist. But not at something that doesn't exist.

thebarr
04/14/16 9:24 am

I agree, but I just don't quite understand the anger.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
04/14/16 9:34 am

Each person is different and has his or her own reasons for being angry with religion.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/15/16 11:41 am

I don't see how this is helpful to Grandma, or remotely on topic.

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
04/14/16 12:10 am

Can't be angry at something you don't believe exists

04/13/16 11:48 pm

I was a skinhead, white nationalist and a member of a church that preached hate. I was angry at all the people who weren't like me but loved God. Now I'm more tolerant to different people. My church taught me to hate others in the name of God and my race. Now I just hate all the assholes I used to pal around with, people like them and their God.

dfish at home
04/14/16 1:30 am

Whoa. Sounds like you have quite the story. What was the church called?

04/14/16 11:31 am

-Chimama- and that's why you will always be an ignorant bitch. The movement needs dumb fucktards like you to manipulate. Your brain just can't accept anyone would want to leave the shit you love so much. You are probably just another online Aryan and not a foot soldier anyway. So fuck off, I do not give a shit what you think.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/14/16 1:36 pm

I used to be an evangelical Christian. Now I call myself a freelance Christian. I believe in Jesus but not all the rigmarole. I don't believe Christians have the sole benefit of heaven. Nor are they the only good people. I believe gay people were created that way. And they are very OK with God

04/14/16 10:22 pm

The only thing you have ever done for WWWP is post shit on the worldwide Web. You are an armchair Aryan or an Internet Aryan. You talk big shit but do nothing for the cause. You talk about how cool and good looking Nazi uniforms are, how fucking retarded is that? Go run along and play dress up now Barbie bitch.

04/14/16 10:37 pm

The minute I saw you and your boyfriend Luftwaffe comparing notes in that thread on how hot you two would look in Nazi uniforms I knew exactly the kind of Aryans you are. You try to impress the folk on here with how Aryan your thoughts are but you are just puking up shit you read online that you think makes you sound cool. Go back to your dress up Nazi Barbie.

04/14/16 10:50 pm

www.stormfront.org/forum/t407182/?postcount=3#post4944718

Here's a list of acronyms for you you armchair Aryan. If it's there you have to post a pic of you in your Nazi uniform playing dress up! Oh it's there! Who is the fraud now? You only know the most popular lingo now don't you! How's that asshurt doing?

04/14/16 10:54 pm

No, I had to find a list of acronyms for you because you don't even know what is an acronym and what isn't. You were the one saying it wasn't an acronym. But you're wrong and the asshurt is deep isn't it. Poor little Nazi bitch Barbie.

04/14/16 11:04 pm

You said that wasn't an acronym and I proved it was. So who is the fraud? You only know the hip popular words just all superficial shit most posers and frauds would know. I proved you wrong, at least admit you were wrong and be a fucking man.

04/14/16 11:06 pm

Admit you were wrong and be a fucking man for once in your life.

04/14/16 11:14 pm

Next time don't try to prove your right even after you are burned. It just makes you look like the desperate fraud you are. I don't give a shit what you think about me because I know you are a fraud. Now go back to playing Aryan superhero for all the people you are fooling because you ain't fooling me bitch.

04/14/16 11:21 pm

You are a fraud, you know a few words and think that makes you an expert on the white Nationalist movement. You try to prove you are hipper than I am because of the terminology you use verses mine. Do you really think with your attitude you would last long in the movement? Of course you wouldn't. You are a fucking fraud and nothing but a butthurt poser.

04/14/16 11:26 pm

By saying I wasn't using the right acronym was you trying to prove you were an expert. But I proved you wrong. How's that butthurt doing?

04/14/16 11:36 pm

I proved you a fraud, that is all that matters to me. Enjoy the asshurt.

dfish at home
04/15/16 1:46 am

So I'm confused, are you guys white supremacists or what?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/15/16 7:11 am

To make things absolutely clear I am not a white supremacist of any kind! I worked for civil rights

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/15/16 7:16 am

No, I know Chimama isn't a white supremacist, and now Seneca is saying they used to be.. I guess they're claiming to not be anymore... Took a trip down to memory lane on Stormfront, eh? Haha

Stormfront is a white power site .. that's where Seneca is

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/15/16 7:17 am

Now they're claiming that Chimama is trying to be a better Nazi despite the fact that he's not

bethanyq Ess Eff
04/13/16 10:36 pm

When I believed in a god, yes, a few times. I now recognize that this was anger at myself.

JHawk3205 MD
04/13/16 10:20 pm

In complete seriousness, no, because I don't know how to be angry at something that isn't there, or doesn't exist..

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/14/16 5:42 am

Are you omniscient? Only someone who is omniscient could make the statement you just made.

JHawk3205 MD
04/14/16 11:24 pm

Are you illiterate? I just said the words "I don't know"... Does omniscience come in varying degrees now?

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/15/16 5:59 am

"I don't know how to be angry at something that isn't there, or doesn't exist"...your claim is that God does not exit. Only someone who is either omniscient or a fool could make a statement like that.

JHawk3205 MD
04/15/16 11:50 am

You are illiterate, thanks for clarifying. My stating that "I don't know" completely nullifies any notion of omniscience, if you're at all familiar with the English language.

CudOfCow Oregon
04/13/16 10:17 pm

I've honestly never understood the concept. It seems like what I would conceptualize to be a god is not the popular(i.e. biblical) conceptualization. When conversing with someone about the topic, even amongst those that seemingly agree initially about the nature of the concept, there is rarely actual agreement. This leads me to think that there is no universal "definition". With all of that said, I've never been angry at a god of any conceptualization. I read once 'un deus defini est un deus fini.' Not only is there no universal definition, but there can be no universal definition. Therefore...how can we speak intelligibly about the nature of such a being. I claim ignorance.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/13/16 9:30 pm

I was angry when I came to the realization as teenager that adults had been lying to me about his existence for my entire life.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/14/16 9:24 am

Must be nice to be able to believe that.

eddyjo
04/14/16 11:19 am

Laserbeam.....no, Chimana is one of those judgemental christians who give the world a negative opinion of Christ and genuine Christians.

HayleyS looking up.
04/13/16 9:07 pm

I remember as like a preteen being annoyed at how he designed women in terms of the menstrual cycle. I remember calling it "poor design," and if the pain was still a result of Eve's sin, I thought that was just unfair.

Lol that's as close to being angry at God that I got, as far as I can remember.

thebarr
04/14/16 3:13 am

Let me suggest that the design of woman is one of God's finest works of art!

Nik
04/13/16 8:51 pm

Two years ago my younger brother died, 2 months later a close cousin died, about 3 months my wife's cousin's wife died, then about 10 months after that my sister died.

Yea, I was pissed...

Shit.

dfish at home
04/14/16 1:33 am

Sorry to hear that. I too have lost a sister

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/14/16 4:27 am

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. That is painful!

alkie New York
04/13/16 8:51 pm

Why would people be angry at me?

Korosensei Maine
04/13/16 8:45 pm

No because my conceptualization of God is as a friend who tries to guide but not interfere since interference causes problems

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
04/13/16 8:43 pm

Yes, it's part of the process of growing in faith.

dfish at home
04/14/16 1:33 am

Not a necessary process

gallae Michigan
04/13/16 8:37 pm

Oh yes. I have lost people from sudden and preventable accidents, and afterwords, I've always been upset and questioned why it had to happen. The one that I believe was the hardest was when my high school youth pasta and his son were killed in a house fire.

gow488 Wisconsin
04/13/16 8:35 pm

Nope, but I've also never really believe in God either.

spring27 California
04/13/16 8:31 pm

Yes. Still am. Tried to go back to church earlier this, and left before service concluded. I don't want to be angry, but I just am.

dfish at home
04/14/16 1:34 am

What are you angry about?

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/13/16 8:10 pm

Mad that he wasn't there, then left because I realized he never was

aaronb50
04/13/16 8:20 pm

This.

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/14/16 9:27 am

Yes, and there was none to be found there.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
04/13/16 8:09 pm

I honestly do not remember a time from when I was a believer that I was angry. Everything was internalized for me. It wasn't God who failed; it was me. I do remember feeling depressed at times that I could never live up to God; never be worthy.

I remember that vividly, but I don't remember any anger.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/13/16 8:08 pm

No, but I would be angry a lot if I did believe he existed.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
04/13/16 8:06 pm

Not for a long stretch, but moments of anger, sure!

kspells TheOtherOtherside
04/13/16 8:06 pm

I've always been angry with God. I'm sure that's why I came into this world crying.

ronderman North Carolina
04/13/16 8:03 pm

I myself have never been angry at God, but I don't think it is a bad thing. I agree with the priest mentioned below. God is big enough to handle it.

I am sorry to hear about your husband. That is one of my deepest fears.

jvc1133 61535
04/13/16 7:54 pm

Use to, dint do no good, Pete wrote it down.

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
04/13/16 7:44 pm

How can I be angry at something I don't believe exists? The sort of anger brought on by something that bad, I've stored away. Such blind fury makes you...blind. I'll save for when I need it.

JennaAwesome Book Lover
04/13/16 7:43 pm

When my first pet died I was mad that He took her away. (I was really little)

chili2016
04/13/16 7:42 pm

I have been angry at God during several periods in my life. A priest I spoke with said that it was okay, God can handle my anger. That helped me to see that I could still lean on God for support, even through my anger.
I'm sorry for the difficult things that you and your family are going through right now.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/14/16 4:30 am

That's a very helpful message. Your priest was a smart and wise man.

meliste42
04/13/16 7:40 pm

I have been having this issue as well recently. I haven't worked in over two years due to depression, now I have been diagnosed with some physical limitations, and I have been fighting with my disability comp. I haven't had a paycheck in 4 months. I have no one to ask for financial help, and I just never catch a break . So I have been mad at God.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/13/16 7:51 pm

I'm sorry. That must all be hard to deal with. I hope things turn around for you soon.

cowboy Here and There
04/13/16 7:36 pm

Yes. I blamed God when I should've been blaming myself. I took it out on people I loved. I got caught, through a urine test, and lost my Union job. I smoked some weed while enjoying a week of vacation, on a river island. It's still one of the best memories I have. We took the kids out boating and swimming during the day and after they went bed, played my guitar and sung and passed around some joints around the fire. I thought I was safe. I wasn't. The Monday I reported for work, I was given a drug test. I thought my life was over. I made it to the top, after twenty years of trying so hard, and fell straight to the bottom in one day. I hated God at that time. Why would he let such a beautiful time be ruined by punishing me for it? A kid that came from nothing made it. I had a house, a fiancé, a step-daughter and our own almost two year old. It all went away by responsibly smoking some of the evil weed, while on vacation. I've apologized to God and I'm on a mission. It's never too late.

cowboy Here and There
04/13/16 7:37 pm

Never too late.

shygal47 Florida east coast
04/13/16 7:56 pm

Someone once said that Life is what happens when you have other plans (or something along those lines). Anyway, God forgave you long ago - you need to take the really hard step & forgive yourself. Hope your life is becoming more comfortable for you.

cowboy Here and There
04/13/16 8:04 pm

God punished me, for a long time, for the things I said. It wasn't good and I deserved it.

cowboy Here and There
04/13/16 8:04 pm

Thank you.

CudOfCow Oregon
04/13/16 10:55 pm

Legalize it bro. You shouldn't have had to go through that crap.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
04/14/16 4:41 am

Cowboy, you never told us about that! The good thing is, you have a wonderful daughter, who still brings you so much joy. And you're turning your life around again.

I don't think God punished you. My own observation of the world shows, that's not the way it works. Life just isn't fair.

By the way, thanks for sharing my poll.

cowboy Here and There
04/14/16 5:11 am

I thank God that she was too young to remember me the way that I was during that period. I managed to make it though that dark depression without any drugs from big pharma. I got back up and started again. And yes, I totally agree that a plant should not be illegal. You're welcome, grandma. ✌🏻️

susanr Colorado
04/13/16 7:29 pm

Once, that I can remember vividly. Not that I ever had a great deal of faith, and not that religion was a strong part of my family life, but there was a time when I did believe.

My dad had a coworker and friend who was pretty young - late 30s, I think. He developed some disease and died suddenly. I think it may have been cancer and I think it involved his spine, but it doesn't really matter. What I recall vividly is how very sad and upset my dad was. I just couldn't understand how an all-powerful god would let (or worse, cause) something like that to happen - something that not only took a man's life, but affected the life of his wife, small children, other family, and friends - including my dad.

It just seemed so senseless, and heartless, and cruel. It made me furious at god. Livid. Angry.

I didn't understand it then, and I can't comprehend it now. It's much easier for me to comprehend, thinking that there just is no god.

MrsCrayonWax
04/13/16 7:26 pm

Many times

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
04/13/16 7:24 pm

Did not even Christ our Lord and Savior suffer? He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, on the Cross, and was persecuted by many all the days of his life.
Are we better than Christ to be free of suffering.
Suffering is part of the human experience and can bring us closer to God. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. "[Isaiah 55:8) Sometimes the greatest faith in God comes from the greatest suffering.

gallae Michigan
04/13/16 8:40 pm

Very very true. But this is so difficult to remember in our own times of pain.