TomLaney1 April 12th, 2016 6:48am

New profile pic for a while. Hope you like it. Even if you don't, I believe it to be true...both parts of the caption! Have a great life! ❤️

jakob1005 Virginia
04/16/16 6:45 am

I am not Christian but I strongly believe we need a man of Jesus in office. 🙏🏼

Ailuro49 Just MY own opinion
04/15/16 8:35 pm

I agree with you TLANEY1 - Jesus is my Lord & Savior! and I LOV your new profile pic! Very cool! 😎

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/13/16 1:26 pm

But what about the Big Bang and evolution? That took a while...

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/13/16 11:17 pm

Guess you might need to try a new hypothesis... 😃

singkitty In the cloud
04/14/16 4:04 am

You mean theory not hypothesis. A hypothesis is a guess or proposal to explain something. A theory is a hypothesis that has been tested and based on those tests is assumed to be true.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/14/16 2:25 pm

That's why I called it a hypothesis. It HAS not, nor CAN it be, tested, although many still "assume it to be true." 😃

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/14/16 2:33 pm

Evolution is just changes in the genetic code over a long period of time.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/14/16 3:12 pm

Kitty: No, let's not leave it up to them. They have a built-in bias against anything "supernatural." That is as close-minded as you think Creationists are. A large number of scientists fail to realize that the God Who created everything could also have created the scientific laws and principles under which everything operates. So He is free to follow or circumvent those laws as He pleases, since He alone is above them.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/14/16 3:17 pm

Doc, macroëvolution (which I reject) involves transitions from one species to another, for which there is absolutely no evidence. No transitional forms have ever been found. Microëvolution (which I accept) explains the differentiation of dog breeds and the like. It does not involve a transition from one species to another. And it does not require the idea of "millions and millions of years" to take place.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/14/16 3:21 pm

Kitty - I wasn't speaking out against the Big Bang theory in particular. As a matter fact, I really enjoy the series! No, I was speaking out against evolution, and macroëvolution in particular. See my reply to DoctorWasdarb above.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/14/16 3:23 pm

The only difference between micro and macro evolution is time. "Species" is an arbitrary and man made definition. And there are "transitional" fossils. Ever heard of the archaeopteryx?

singkitty In the cloud
04/14/16 3:32 pm

I have no doubt that you're firm in your personal beliefs regarding this theory. I only take issue with your misunderstanding of the correct verbiage. It's not a hypothesis. Based on scientific laws and facts the scientific community considers this to be a theory. You can disagree with it, but please let's up this to at least a 4th grade science level conversation.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/14/16 6:36 pm

It's well above that already. I do understand science, and you're talking to a former Mensa member with a Master's degree. But as a retired English and Speech teacher, I value clear and accurate verbiage even more than you do. You were the one who said that a theory has to have been "tested and proven." Macroëvolution can neither be tested nor proven. It's impossible to do so. So, by your own definition, it should not be labeled a theory. Therefore, I presented the cold, hard, but unpleasant fact that it is really nothing but a hypothesis. You see, I am not bound by the blinders that the anti-supernatural bias puts on the scientific community. So I am not bound by their politically "correct" term in this case.

singkitty In the cloud
04/15/16 4:20 am

You can't even get a quote correct! I said " based on those tests is assumed to be true." I never once said the word "proven". Please don't use quotation marks for words that I never used. Seriously it's fine that you disregard science but you're clearly not using that masters degree here today. I'm guessing you think dinosaurs are bullshit too because they don't match the timeline of the bible. Have fun with that useless masters degree.

goldz oh this world
05/02/16 7:04 pm

Tom, evolution and the Big Bang are in no way contradictory to the existence of a Creator. Many Jewish commentators believe that the six days of creation are symbolic for evolution (I think - I'm not an expert on this) and the Big Bang is pretty self-evident how it fits into the Bible.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/02/16 7:07 pm

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth." Sounds like the Big Bang can count.

goldz oh this world
05/02/16 7:13 pm

And the order of creation is pretty close I believe to the evolutionary order of life. I don't see why religion has to contradict science.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/02/16 7:58 pm

As I have no studied in depth the early Earth, I don't know if it lines up with creation. The whole sun coming after light existed doesn't make much sense to me though. Where does the light come from before you have the celestial bodies?

goldz oh this world
05/02/16 8:02 pm

I'm not an expert in either field but there are commentators who have figured it out. I can ask my father.

One clue though is that the Ramban writes that it is impossible to understand Genesis unless you view it as an allegory. So possibly the light is allegorical?

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/02/16 8:07 pm

A lot of "old earth creationists" that I know argue that the creation took a long time, but that things happened in order. Viewing it as an allegory would make much more sense in my opinion.

goldz oh this world
05/02/16 8:33 pm

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming they're all Christians. So they don't read Genesis (or any of the Bible) with the commentaries. Most likely they're not interpreting it right then.

CudOfCow Oregon
04/12/16 2:55 pm

Why would anyone choose to follow the god of the Bible... A being that forces human beings to believe he exists by threatening us to be tortured for all of eternity. How "good" is that really? Such an awful character.

CudOfCow Oregon
04/12/16 2:56 pm

and not only threatens people to believe he exists, but demands that we worship him, or else!

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/13/16 9:49 pm

You call Ozzy horrible??? how DARE you :P

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
04/12/16 12:56 pm

"We live in a universe that most likely has no God. It took billions of years and through the laws of nature and physics, you are now here. Imagine being able to experience it in the way you choose without useless shackles."

FTFY

JHawk3205 MD
04/12/16 11:03 am

What's this god thing?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/13/16 11:59 pm

Do you really want to know, Kansas? I'll be happy to tell you whatever you want to know. 😃

JHawk3205 MD
04/14/16 11:42 pm

Kansas? Wrong post, or some new topical joke?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/15/16 12:21 am

Kansas Jayhawks. Wrong assumption on my part. I like to decode usernames! 😃

JHawk3205 MD
04/15/16 2:09 am

Oh.. Not the first time I've got that. Hell, you might've been one of the people to ask that.. But naw, just a nickname someone gave me, and it stuck; don't much like sports..

JHawk3205 MD
04/15/16 2:10 am

I suppose I'd answer your question with a similar question: Do you really know what god is?

JHawk3205 MD
04/15/16 2:11 am

And I'm not asking what you believe in; I'm asking if you know what this 'god' thing is..

CoffeeNow Powderpuff leftist
04/12/16 9:05 am

He painted the earth? Did he run out of colors when he got to Africa?

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
04/12/16 12:57 pm

This liquid stuff that I'm gonna dump everywhere. Blue. Just blue. To match the sky!

logicalphallus Minnesota
04/12/16 8:03 am

Wait, is Jesus on Twitter now?

phen nebraska
04/12/16 7:18 am

Great reminder to start my day. Thanks!

TierasPet
04/12/16 5:51 am

It's a beautiful picture. 😊

myob
04/12/16 4:44 am

Sorry but I can't tell what your picture is on my IPad

susanr Colorado
04/12/16 11:17 am

Even if you tap on it, and get the enlarged version on his profile?

singkitty In the cloud
04/12/16 4:33 am

I'm a fan of the Big Bang theory personally.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/13/16 9:52 pm

the TV show? or the myth/kebangie? whoever you ask?

ozzy
04/12/16 4:16 am

Nice !!

BtbWilkinson Utah
04/12/16 3:04 am

It is fantastic!

jmw7477 Indiana
04/12/16 2:32 am

I'm not Christian.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 11:55 pm

Thanks. I can send it to you on facebook, or maybe I can figure out the imgur app I downloaded the other day.